People should say something about the cyberbullying against Sotnikova | Page 13 | Golden Skate

People should say something about the cyberbullying against Sotnikova

verysmuchso

On the Ice
http://www.change.org/petitions/korean-netizens-apologize-to-adelina-sotnikova

Petitioning Korean netizens

Apologize to Adelina Sotnikova

Our Russian girl won gold medal on Olympic Games in Figure Skating few days ago. Not only Russians, but experts from other countries agree that her program, her performance was really high level. She did a small mistake, but because of difficult jump, that was not a problem for earing scores. High speed, high level - Adelina was perfect. Maybe her performance was not so feminine like Kim Yuna's was. But Kim Yuna's performance was not so high level, she chose a simple program, speed also wasn't high.

It was absolutely clear who is fighting for a medal and who did not even try to show that she is interested in medals. Yuna won her medal 4 years ago. This is another reason why Kim didn't get the medal. If you are watching figure skating not only once in 4 years, you should know that. Once you get the medal, it would be hard to get it next time.

And dear Koreans, Kim Yuna is not the only one who has talent and who should be a winner. There are a lot of talented girls. We understand that all of you love Kim Yuna. But open your eyes. Her program was simple, that's why she got silver medal.

We know how you can insult your own idols and celebrity, but how you dare insult our girl and her family? She is not Korean, so do not even try to say smth about her. Shame on you, Korean netizens. Shame on you country, cuz you have no manners. Ask for forgiveness. You should seek to relive the hurt through the eyes of the person that you offended. You ought to make an effort to put Kim Yuna in the Adelina’s place and relive the offense. We hope you would finally come to your senses and realize how wrong you have been.
Click on that link and look at the section showing 'supporters' and 'reasons for signing', they are all Japanese and everything written in Japanese!!!! I will leave it to you guys to put 2 and 2 together. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

cooper

Medalist
Adelina will be fine. This story is already losing momentum and she has a long career ahead to win the hearts of her doubters. She is beloved in Russia and I think she has enough people around her who validate her win. As a public figure she will soon learn (if she hasn't already) you will never make everyone happy.

of course its losing momentum.. the general public doesn't give a crap about figure skating after the olympics.. but if you look at the next few years people will remember this judging controversy no matter what... and not to mention the USA fed before sochi already proposing to get rid of anonymous judging so it will be interesting what will be the decision..

Ilvskating

Final Flight
It's disgusting to bully a 17-year old for whatever reason! She skated two decent programs with passion, and she did not give herself those marks. So even it was wrong, it was not her doing. So stop bullying her!

wootie

Match Penalty
I think she'll be ok. She just got a brand new Mercedes and 120K on top of a gold medal she definitely didn't deserve. She'll live. If it's so bad, she can always deactivate some of her social media accounts.

Again, she'll live and most likely be richer, fatter and happier than 99% of the rest of the world.

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
I think she'll be ok. She just got a brand new Mercedes and 120K on top of a gold medal she definitely didn't deserve. She'll live. If it's so bad, she can always deactivate some of her social media accounts.

Again, she'll live and most likely be richer, fatter and happier than 99% of the rest of the world.

Jealous ?

vfvh

Rinkside
Click on that link and look at the section showing 'supporters' and 'reasons for signing', they are all Japanese and everything written in Japanese!!!! I will leave it to you guys to put 2 and 2 together. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

All Japanese?
ROFL

Enero

On the Ice
Can she speak English? Hopefully she hasn't read some of the nastier comments. She is still posting a lot so maybe it hasn't bothered her.

That's my question. If the nasty posts are in English can she even read and understand what is being said? I certainly hope not.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
That's my question. If the nasty posts are in English can she even read and understand what is being said? I certainly hope not.

Adelina has put up some posts in English herself. I think she can read some English. People are out of control.

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Can she speak English? Hopefully she hasn't read some of the nastier comments. She is still posting a lot so maybe it hasn't bothered her.

Well, either she doesn't speak English or she prefers any kind of popularity to none. It's up to her. Maybe it's the new marketing policy of her or her managers.

I'd prefer her or her team to kick Instagram admins for some action or to do editing themselves if that's how Instagram works (I don't know how it works). Good for her if she doesn't care but there are also her fans whose feelings get hurt and who come to Golden Skates complaining :disapp: and it doesn't speak well about Instagram as a decent place.

verysmuchso

On the Ice
Well, either she doesn't speak English or she prefers any kind of popularity to none. It's up to her. Maybe it's the new marketing policy of her or her managers.

I'd prefer her or her team to kick Instagram admins for some action or to do editing themselves if that's how Instagram works (I don't know how it works). Good for her if she doesn't care but there are also her fans whose feelings get hurt and who come to Golden Skates complaining :disapp: and it doesn't speak well about Instagram as a decent place.
She most definitely can set her account to private, meaning that only the followers she has approved get to comment on her pics.

Matilda

Medalist
I see Adelina liking the IG images of several US skaters, so I presume she's friendly with many skaters and knows some English. Making the IG account private is quite cumbersome for someone like Adelina, who is a public figure and who has a lot of fans, as you would have to separately approve each and every person and search their profile to see if they are a real fan or a hater. That's unfeasible.

I find this cyberbullying absolutely disgusting. If you don't like someone, why follow them at all? Adelina is an elite athlete, but she is also a 17-year old girl who may, for all we know, be very sensitive to what people say about her. She has worked hard and should be allowed to enjoy her success, both in private and in social media.

cheerio2

On the Ice
I agree. She should not have to do anything to give in to cyberbullies. People who aren't able to separate the outcome of sports competitions with making disgusting personal attacks/threats on athletes are a disgrace to humanity.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Yuna already knows cyberbulling won't be stopped even if she says something about it. She is already thinking ahead. And she shouldn't be involved in this. She has much much better things to do. I don't blame the bullies because unfair judges are the ones that created the whole chrades. If cyberbulling bothers Russians, they should fix the scores. Plain and simple.

Public figure or not Adelina should not be bullied. And for that matter fix or not, bias or not she should not be bullied, no one should be bullied plain and simple.. Two wrongs don't make a right. And by not saying something we are allowing bullying to continue. A raised voice causes bullying a raised vice can stop bullying.

MiRé

Match Penalty
Adelina should learn to cope with cyber-bullies. Yuna did it, Wagner did it, Weir did it, Mao did it, and probably plenty of others. Where are their petitions asking people to apologize to them? None, so Adelina should just shut up, close her twitter, close her instagram, facebook, and whatever social media she uses for a while. That would help her a TON

Matilda

Medalist
Adelina should learn to cope with cyber-bullies. Yuna did it, Wagner did it, Weir did it, Mao did it, and probably plenty of others. Where are their petitions asking people to apologize to them? None, so Adelina should just shut up, close her twitter, close her instagram, facebook, and whatever social media she uses for a while. That would help her a TON

NOBODY should have to cope with cyberbullying. The "so-and-so should learn to cope with it" attitude sends a terrible message and enables the bullies, which can have awful psychological consequences for those who are bullied. How do you know the other skaters you mentioned coped well with it in the first place? It's not anything they would be likely to tell the media.