Plushenko: Zagitova was going to leave for me a year ago | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Plushenko: Zagitova was going to leave for me a year ago

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
I am certain Valiyeva and her trainers are far more reasonable over the scoring and its 'relativity' than the other camp. Tutberidze after all is know for 'working the code to its maximum'. Valiyeva will take it as a learning experience and just continue to work.

Trusova with a triksel - five quad no falls routine and current PCS is a destroyer, no doubt about that. So if this is the planned path of deployment (which she could have been reached even past season), nothing has really changed for Aleksandra and the rest is just PR bull.
This is something I would never ever understand. Tarasova also says that Eteri team prepare the skaters in the best possible way and every element of their skating is the done in the best possible way, to the maximum. Then why most of Eteri's students don't have flip and lutz with minimal pre-rotation? Why they do not have lutzes with deep outside edges? Why Shcherbakova's technique is sooo bad?

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Medalist
I am certain Valiyeva and her trainers are far more reasonable over the scoring and its 'relativity' than the other camp. Tutberidze after all is know for 'working the code to its maximum'. Valiyeva will take it as a learning experience and just continue to work.

Trusova with a triksel - five quad no falls routine and current PCS is a destroyer, no doubt about that. So if this is the planned path of deployment (which she could have been reached even past season), nothing has really changed for Aleksandra and the rest is just PR bull.
More like a Star Destroyer. The Eclipse-class one.
No judge could indulge him/herself placing her second in any female competition. Most likely RusFed would have to send her to complete against male skaters. EC is just Ok, no Worlds yet...

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Wow, so according to Plushenko - Sasha decided to leave Sambo70 for AOP, and her dad suggested Plusheko to hire Hot Sergei, which IMO triggered the departure of Zhilina sisters and Aliona :palmf: (this emoji is for EG lol)

Also I don't think Kamila deserves ten really. Her spins definitely deserve bonus plus plus. But PCS, no. Her SS, use of edge, flow, interpretation of music etc - above junior average (even in junior field, IMO Ksensia Sinitsyna and Tomoe Kawabata - you may name more - are better with a margin) but not exceptional among seniors, 8.5 -8.75 (if we don't factor in reputation) is the reasonable range.
Whatever he thinks about the scoring, every coach, esp. when personally interested in the competition results through his own skater, should abstain from the public comments on other skaters scores, or babbling about their performances. That's unethical, inappropriate, disrespectful, personal and utterly stupid.

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
As for the coaching situation- I‘m sad Ilinykh‘s apparently no longer working with Sasha. She needs her skating skills expertise more than Aliona, imo. But if it helps prevent conflicts, good on them for finding a solution.
Some days ago an article says Sasha doesn't allow Elena to work with Aliona.. Do you remember? :biggrin: And I believe we don't need to worry about Sasha's skating skills. She regularly attends an ice dance coach.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Plyushchenko is creating himself more and more enemies by the day, since he just cannot stop. More and more sportspersons are publicly taking sides, which means another front will open, and another ...

When he starts attacking judges, no amount of envelopes will help.

He should be glad there most likely will not be any international ISU events where he will directly incur the wrath of ISU officials by this kind of behaviour. Rostelecom Cup will be a big test already.

silveruskate

On the Ice
With Plushenko, it's fair that he spoke out about his concern to the relevant body/individuals that needed to hear it. According to him they also understood his message. Why not leave it at this? Commenting about it in public might just undermine his past effort now if they don't like that he did this speaking out.

Resa

On the Ice
You always make it sound so easy! As if there‘s a supermarket out there selling elite skaters on a discount price. Just as a reminder - Aliona and Sasha (and these other athletes) are not groceries, they‘re human beings. Maybe Plushenko DID offer them favorable conditions but they (and their parents) still had to agree. He’d actually be supremely stupid NOT to promote the school he likely spent a lot of his own money on. And if Sasha and Aliona went there partly because of monetary reasons - I’d call that smart. Especially since we’re in the middle of a pandemic, with cancelled shows and competitions and companies probably not as willing to finance an up and coming star. Like it or not, they went there on their own free will.

Don‘t get me wrong - in my eyes Plushenko is just as sensationalistic, petty and overdramatic as Eteri (if not more so) but your obsession with him is almost creepy. Just... let it go, man.

As for the coaching situation- I‘m sad Ilinykh‘s apparently no longer working with Sasha. She needs her skating skills expertise more than Aliona, imo. But if it helps prevent conflicts, good on them for finding a solution.
I somehow missed an Interview I feel like. Ilinykh is no longer working with Sasha? That's a bummer. First Rozanov leaves her and now also Ilinykh :(

Arbitrary

Medalist
Plushenko' mentioned Trusova and Ilyinikh tried to work together and decided it's not going well.
Plushenko continues as her personal coach with a help of others. AOP are looking for a new choreographer

Skatesocs

Final Flight
The title should be "Plushenko: Zagitova was going to leave FOR me a year ago" as also suggested here:

Plyushchenko: Zagitova was going to leave for me a year ago

Instead of "Plushenko: Zagitova was going to leave me a year ago".

It makes logical sense, since Zagitova has never been coached by Plushenko.

ali0125

On the Ice
Country
Australia
Whatever he thinks about the scoring, every coach, esp. when personally interested in the competition results through his own skater, should abstain from the public comments on other skaters scores, or babbling about their performances. That's unethical, inappropriate, disrespectful, personal and utterly stupid.
if judging system is unfair (ETA at least to some people), why someone who speaks up is "unethical, inappropriate, disrespectful, personal and utterly stupid".

to me, (you know who) posting students' DM, posting sh*t on social network to humiliate underage students is "unethical, inappropriate, disrespectful, personal and utterly stupid"

Last edited:

MintGreen

On the Ice
At least Plushenko has the guts to fight for the fair scoring and judging of his skaters and doesn't hide behind the cover and let other people do the trash talking.

I didn't hear the outcry when Sasha was being called "traitor", "betrayal", "ugly" by a coach from Sambo-70 team just for leaving Eteri's team.

I didn't hear the outcry for creating an almost exact same music cut for their very own skater. For what purpose? To spice up the drama? To embarrass Sasha and Plushenko? I'm afraid that they only managed to embarrass themselves.

I didn’t hear the outcry for Layshev's keeping bashing Sasha and then in a recent interview saying Sasha's win in 2nd cup should be credited to Eteri team, and of course, had she failed, it's all Plushenko's fault. Speaking of hypocrisy.

I didn't see that same people who always condemn the moral value of Plushenko criticize Eteri's behavior of publicizing private conversations without consents from all the parties, especially involved a minor. Let alone it is illegal.

And yet, for Plushenko speaking out of unfair judging, all the sudden it is the worst sin.

If you insist to hold on to your own double standards that are far deviated from one to the other, then please at least admit it and own it.

Thrashergurl

On the Ice
I think he did and probably does care about Alina's future in skating.
She showed by her actions that she wasn't going to bow out right after 2018.
The fact that she was determined enough to continue the next season after her OGM
The fact that she won Worlds in 2019 . And her expressed desire about longevity.
After all, she spoke to Johnny Weir also on that subject. Maybe others she encountered in her ice shows.

But I look at this as kind of a betrayal of a confidence.
I'm 99.9999% sure that Alina did NOT tell Eteri beforehand she was looking at Plushy as a potential coaching change.
I don’t find it a betrayal at all. Alina is the one that released messaged initially. I would say she’s fair game at this point. 🍿

lesnar001

Record Breaker
I don’t find it a betrayal at all. Alina is the one that released messaged initially. I would say she’s fair game at this point. 🍿

As far as I know, Alina never released any message saying she was looking to change coaches to Plushy.

And if you're merely playing a little passive-agressive "tit for tat" game about a certain DM....
Plushy also previously betrayed her confidence when he made public that she sought his advice on quads.
And then brought forth the wrath of Eteri and poems about "betrayal", not to mention all kinds of insults from family proxies.

Thrashergurl

On the Ice
Didn’t Eteri go public first and attack Plushy for trying to steal Alina, which resulted in him saying she approached him for help?

I don’t have a horse in this race, but yes- Alina released the DM ( she never spoke out against it being released against her wishers, and if someone hacked her accounts or posted without her permission then I would think she would’ve said so). So Plushy strikes back.

I’m sure there’s much more than what anyone knows. They’re all being ridiculous, but when you’re stuck at home due to the corona virus, this drama is certainly entertaining. Never a dull moment

Last edited:

lesnar001

Record Breaker
Silence does not neccessarily mean acceptance.
There are volumes written here about Eteri's overreactions to students, former students, etc..
And you expect Alina is going to willingly subject herself to that by complaining?

Also - I think the first step in this "affair" was Plushy saying he felt Alina's team should be doing more to help her.
Which I believe was in response to her competition break. And is also a sentiment with which I agree (and still agree) 100%.

THEN - Eteri lashed out at Plushy and as someone else pointed out in another thread, called him a "fake coach".
Then Plushy said Alina sought his advice on quads. Then Eteri quoted a poem about "betrayal".

Furthermore, I do not think that Plushy was trying to strike back at Alina. Not at all.
IMO - this is all "heat of the battle" stuff.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker

I think in a way the Fed should almost be thankful Valieva bombed, cause the conversation around the SP score in the Figure Skating community was not going well, Valieva scoring this high without a 3a, with an overlooked flat edge in the combination, as a junior skater (cause keep in mind she is still in juniors despite competing for seniors for nationals, and juniors always had lower PCS), now nobody is talking about it cause Valieva lost, and still you have to think 148 pts with 2-3 falls is soo much for a junior skater.

If you exploit the scores that much and made that so publicly, it's inevitable people will start to wonder if this system still makes any sense, if it is maybe worth going back to the 6.0 cause the scores are becoming so meaningless these days.

Of course Plushenko is not happy with the judging cause even outside Trusova-Valieva which was the drama, you look at their other skaters and they were all underscored at these early events.

Zhilina, Konstantinova, Muravyova,... they all got less somehow even in spite of cleaner performances.

eterialskating

On the Ice
I think in a way the Fed should almost be thankful Valieva bombed, cause the conversation around the SP score in the Figure Skating community was not going well, Valieva scoring this high without a 3a, with an overlooked flat edge in the combination, as a junior skater (cause keep in mind she is still in juniors despite competing for seniors for nationals, and juniors always had lower PCS), now nobody is talking about it cause Valieva lost, and still you have to think 148 pts with 2-3 falls is soo much for a junior skater.

If you exploit the scores that much and made that so publicly, it's inevitable people will start to wonder if this system still makes any sense, if it is maybe worth going back to the 6.0 cause the scores are becoming so meaningless these days.

Of course Plushenko is not happy with the judging cause even outside Trusova-Valieva which was the drama, you look at their other skaters and they were all underscored at these early events.

Zhilina, Konstantinova, Muravyova,... they all got less somehow even in spite of cleaner performances.
Plushenko has no business complaining about PCS scores when Trusova was handed candies for her subpar programs. No amount of politicking on his part could ever hide the fact Trusova does not deserve to be scored 9's in skating. It's ridiculous for him to complain when his charge was already scored higher than Usacheva which should never have happen. She is certainly not entitled to any senior bonus if that's what Plushenko is trying to imply. The 10's are given to high quality programs, Trusova's has never known that concept ever. They are most certainly not handed to who has been senior longer and who has landed more quads.

Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Plushenko has no business complaining about PCS scores when Trusova was handed candies for her subpar programs. No amount of politicking on his part could ever hide the fact Trusova does not deserve to be scored 9's in skating. It's ridiculous for him to complain when his charge was already scored higher than Usacheva which should never have happen. She is certainly not entitled to any senior bonus if that's what Plushenko is trying to imply. The 10's are given to high quality programs, Trusova's has never known that concept ever. They are most certainly not handed to who has been senior longer and who has landed more quads.
I'd like to understand this, I thought Sasha skated her SP beautifully (the messed up landing on the 3A aside), obviously I'm not a judge, but I didn't see any of this "robotic" skating some complained about. It wasn't the greatest program ever skated in the history of the world, but it wasn't "subpar". In what way exactly was it "subpar"?

What PCS's should Sasha get according to you? She may not have the skating skills of Kamila, but she's hardly an "ugly, low level" skater, she's fast and mostly secure on her blade and does quite a few transitions.