Practice Updates/Videos | Golden Skate

Practice Updates/Videos

lutzlover

On the Ice
For those lucky fans who are at the competition, please post practice observations, updates or links to videos.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Only athletes who didn't show up were Chartrand & Hendrickx. (I believe that ladies don't start until a day later than many of the competitors?)

Arena temperature was pretty normal. Cold but not fridged. Wear layers.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Only athletes who didn't show up were Chartrand & Hendrickx. (I believe that ladies don't start until a day later than many of the competitors?)

Arena temperature was pretty normal. Cold but not fridged. Wear layers.

I agree about arena temp. Also, Ger pair lady M F hase had a nasty face plant into the boards but is OK. Satoko looked good. I think her jumps look improved. Seats are aweful. And that is being kind. Security at arena, at least today, was minimal. One place serving food and only one item, a toasted cheese sandwitch for 7.50, and they ran out of bread with beaucoup people in line. They had no idea there would be this demand. One drinking fountain. Bathrooms are adequate, but not abundant like the Spokane arena. Site for nats 2020 has been chosen but still secret. Site for SA next season in final stages of selection.Program is 10 buck and for a SA is pretty well done. Now for big news for us older people. NO MORE "DAILY HANDOUT SHEETS WITH STARTING ORDERS AND PREVIOUS DAYS SCORES." You will be allowed to photograph a taped down copy at the USFS table. Info will be on line 2 hours before event. The beatings will continue until moral improves.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Irish pub was fine. But not huge. Hard seats. Tomarrow I am thinking Italian. Only one pan handler. Area around arena is fine and safe and touristy. If you are walking back to hotels late at night I would walk in pairs east of arena and stay on Hewitt. Pacific is a bit sketchy but is probably fine. I just wouldnt want MY wife walking Pacific alone at 11pm.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the reports, everyone. The absence of starting order sheets seems to be a new trend, it was the same at Finlandia. One just cannot exist without a smartphone these days... :/

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thanks for the reports, everyone. The absence of starting order sheets seems to be a new trend, it was the same at Finlandia. One just cannot exist without a smartphone these days... :/
What old people liked about the sheets was you could write on them during the skating. Glossy hard bound programs (non spiral bound) are clumsy at best. Olde Coyote with slow arthritic fingers.

moriel

Record Breaker

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
What old people liked about the sheets was you could write on them during the skating. Glossy hard bound programs (non spiral bound) are clumsy at best. Olde Coyote with slow arthritic fingers.

Tell me about it. I got skater autographs on them. ^ ^

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
The Satoko-Kaori Collison was scary but Satoko appears fine and held Kaori's hand afterwards. Jimmy Santee and I thought when K returned to the coaches and S finished her program, that K was shaken and may have slightly injured her arm. JS said it would be almost unheard of for ISU to issue penalty for fault, which was clearly K's. She felt very bad and smiled in embarrassment. Two great competitor s. Alexa's fall in practce may have been a factor in her poor performance. Prayers that she is not hurt bad.