Practice | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Practice

ruga

Final Flight
During Sasha's runthrough, a skater got in her way, and I was thinking "Oh..... Eteri is not going to like this girl!!!" lol. And then later, the same skater got in Usacheva's way during her run-through. Was that Yelim Kim? I think it might have been. The same girl that cried that Mariah Bell intentionally cut her during Mariah's runthrough at a competition. Well, if this is any indication of how Yelim Kim practices, then I completely understand why Mariah (who was her training mate back home and knew all about her antics) wouldn't care if she got too close to her during a runthrough. If Yelim gets too close to the flame too often, girlfriend gonna get burned. And now she's going after Eteri girls? She's brave, at least...
The previous incident was with Mariah and Eunsoo Lim, not Yelim Kim. Also, the rink is NHL sized, not the Olympic 30x60 so some skaters might have worse coordination in smaller space. No need to jump into conclusions.

Kittosuni

Medalist
During Sasha's runthrough, a skater got in her way, and I was thinking "Oh..... Eteri is not going to like this girl!!!" lol. And then later, the same skater got in Usacheva's way during her run-through. Was that Yelim Kim? I think it might have been. The same girl that cried that Mariah Bell intentionally cut her during Mariah's runthrough at a competition. Well, if this is any indication of how Yelim Kim practices, then I completely understand why Mariah (who was her training mate back home and knew all about her antics) wouldn't care if she got too close to her during a runthrough. If Yelim gets too close to the flame too often, girlfriend gonna get burned. And now she's going after Eteri girls? She's brave, at least...

it was Eun-soo Lim who collided with Mariah Bell in the olympics and not Yelim Kim

Avvocata10

Spectator
The previous incident was with Mariah and Eunsoo Lim, not Yelim Kim. Also, the rink is NHL sized, not the Olympic 30x60 so some skaters might have worse coordination in smaller space. No need to jump into conclusions.
I wondered about that, the rink seems small and some skaters were running out of real estate.

Kittosuni

Medalist
The worst at running down other skaters was Alina zagitova. I used to gasp. Basically during a practice or warmup you better get out of her way or else

When did this happen? i havent heard she collided with anyone

There is a common etiquette that skaters follow during practice or warmup

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
The KSU was a bit overdramatic with the whole Mariah-Eunsoo thing. It was a small scratch and they said it was a deliberate attack. Accidents happen, especially in skating. I've never seen anyone accuse Han Yan of sabotage during that awful collision with Yuzu at CoC 2014, and that was a really bad collision. We're just lucky that no one was hurt, and hopefully all parties will be gracious in understanding that it's a small rink and this is fairly common.

pearly

Record Breaker
It's really tough to switch to an NHL sized ice rink if you are used to practicing in a regular sized one. You need to start preparing for it in advance, too. We used to set up blade guards along the ice before competitions in North America. I kind of think ISU should demand 30x60 meter ice for all their major events.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just saw Nathan's practice on youtube:

The step sequence looks 🔥, can't wait to see the full program! Also, very cute that both singles world champs feature Mozart's Lacrimosa in their programs this year 🥰

Nathan's expression is very beautiful. Really enjoyed re-visiting it; thanks for posting. :)

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In the practices of the first group, I could feel the electricity and tension ramping up since yesterday. Even thru the computer screen and from a distance of about 2,000 miles!

Really looking forward to seeing how B/K's Swan Lake has developed since we last saw it.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Hey, what’s with Nam? Is he even skating to his music—the camera is following Vincent stroking around the rink as Nam’s music plays

Last edited: