Practice | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Practice

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^ yes, I was like, what? I think the cameraman just lost the thread, and Nam was dressed similarly to Vincent. The interesting thing was that Vincent's skating seemed to be as much to the music as Nam's had been.

It reminds me of when I first saw (or even heard of) Jason Brown, when I had near-front-row seats at 2013 Skate America. At the practices, Jason was boogie-ing and dancing to everyone's music. It was very cool, and I was like, who is that? then I saw his SP and then Riverdance, and ahhhh ... I know who you are, awesome skater.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Danny must be cold; he put his jacket back on😮. Never seen that before.

Well, heat does escape thru the head, so I guess a bald head is even more so.:laugh:
Yes. I talked to Tarah and he at FOFS. He says he does get cold and puts a hat on when he does. It seems to me it’d be less trouble to have hair. But what do I know.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jimmy sure has some fans in the house! Big cheer for him. Was that you, GS-ers?

Vincent came to play, with costume on, facial expressions, jumps and all.
I noticed even at 2020 Nationals (upon rewatch) people screaming and yelling “we love you Jimmy.” Other skaters?

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Yes. I talked to Tarah and he at FOFS. He says he does get cold and puts a hat on when he does. It seems to me it’d be less trouble to have hair. But what do I know.
I’m sure if Danny could grow hair, he would :)

But no big deal, he has a distinctive look, and if he wants to embrace it, he should feel free to do just that.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes Kevyn.

But no big deal, he has a distinctive look, and if he wants to embrace it, he should feel free to do just that.
Didn’t he have hair before he shaved it? I agree not a big deal. I was concerned about his head being cold. I was so cold in Norwood I couldn’t imagine being colder.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

@Seven Sisters :

I'm not so sure about that. Many years ago, my husband told me, if necessary, to remind him that if he started growing significantly bald, to just shave his head. (I wasn't on board with that, FWIW!) But here we are, he's still got a full, thick head of hair, even if it's mostly white. He'd seen men struggle with that in-between agony, and he's not an in-between sort of guy.

Maybe Danny struggled with the in-between long before I started noticing his receding hairline. Heck, I only noticed because TSL pointed it out in 2019, when Danny was using some sort of augmenting spray or smth. I don't blame Danny if he wanted to dispense with the struggle!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not so sure about that. Many years ago, my husband told me, if necessary, to remind him that if he started growing significantly bald, to just shave his head. (I wasn't on board with that, FWIW!) But here we are, he's still got a full, thick head of hair, even if it's mostly white. He'd seen men struggle with that in-between agony, and he's not an in-between sort of guy.

Maybe Danny struggled with the in-between long before I started noticing his receding hairline. Heck, I only noticed because TSL pointed it out in 2019, when Danny was using some sort of augmenting spray or smth. I don't blame Danny if he wanted to dispense with the struggle!
It’s probably something I would never notice. I expect Danny’s lovely smile blinds me to anything else.

And how crummy of TSL to point that out. Really?