Predictions/ hopes for worlds | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Predictions/ hopes for worlds

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not going to make any predictions. I do have two hopes.

#1. American women skate cleanly, and show the skating world their best performances.

#2. The same hope for Gabby Daleman. I can still see her face after her Olympic free skate, and I felt so badly for her. I want her to be able to walk away from Worlds with her head held high, and feeling she skated her best.

rain

Record Breaker
I was really hoping for Sui/Han to win, but with them out, please, just, anyone but that awful Candyman program.

tzazu

Medalist
No predictions, only hopes, totally unrealistics, I know :biggrin:

Pairs: Savchenko/Massot, Morgan/Cipres, Marchei/Hotarek

Ladies:Satoko, Kostner, Daleman

Men:Boyang, Kolyada, Deniss Vasiljevs

Dance:papadakis/Cizeron, Weaver/Poje, Capellini/Lanotte, Hubell/Donahue (don't tell me that there are only three spots???:drama:)

lavoix

Match Penalty
I am happy to hear Kostner is back with Mishin, though she should have thought about that prior to the Olympics.

I hope she takes a medal in her home country as a farewell, I doubt she will be able to compete with the Japanese and Russians should she continue.

randomfan

Record Breaker
I am happy to hear Kostner is back with Mishin, though she should have thought about that prior to the Olympics.

I’m not too sure if she had that choice though. I once heard that Russian coaches aren’t allowed to train foreign skaters for the Olympics, so maybe that could be why she temporarily left Mishin (of course I could be wrong though!).

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I’m not too sure if she had that choice though. I once heard that Russian coaches aren’t allowed to train foreign skaters for the Olympics, so maybe that could be why she temporarily left Mishin (of course I could be wrong though!).

I believe that was only for Sochi. Moris K. skates for Georgia and he stayed with Eteri and her team. And Hurtado/Khaliavin skate for Spain and train with Zhulin.

Skatefan15

On the Ice
Mens:
I want Max to have 2 clean performances. I hope Shoma wins. I also really want Brenden, Boyang, Nathan, and Daniel to do well. ALSO, for the US to keep 3 spots.

Pairs:
I wish that James/Cipres and Marchei/Hotarek would both be on the podium. I also want the Knierms and Tarah/Danny to do well.

Ladies:
Since Evgenia has WD :)sad21:) My biggest hope would be that Kaetlyn wins Worlds (but uh Zagitova, ya know). I hope the US ladies do well and try to keep that 3rd spot. I'm also happy to see Wakaba again so hopefully she can do well.

Dance:
The French are going to win (which I'm extremely happy about *wish they won the Olympics*) but also I want 2 US teams to be on the podium:pray:

SubRosa

I love Lussi
Final Flight
Country
Canada
Men - Japan, USA and Russia to get 3 spots next year; Canada, China and Israel to get 2 spots; Ge to finish top 10

Ladies - Russia and Japan to get 3 spots next year; Canada, Italy, USA and South Korea to get 2 spots; Tursynbaeva to finish top 10

Pairs - China and Russia to get 3 spots next year; Germany, France, Italy, Canada and USA to get 2 spots; North Korea and Australia to qualify for the free

Dance - USA and Canada to get 3 spots next year; France, Russia, Italy to get 2 spots
Revising this because of withdrawals:

Men - Japan, USA and Russia to get 3 spots next year; Canada, China, Uzbekistan and Israel to get 2 spots; Ge and Bychenko to finish top 10

Ladies - Russia, Canada and Japan to get 3 spots next year; Italy, USA, Kazakhstan and South Korea to get 2 spots; Tursynbaeva and Choi to finish top 10

Pairs - Russia to get 3 spots next year; Germany, China, France, Italy, Canada and USA to get 2 spots; North Korea, Australia and Czech Republic to qualify for the free

Dance - USA, Canada and Italy to get 3 spots next year; France and Russia to get 2 spots

Edit: China to get 3 spots in men; I forgot that only Jin is competing, so am predicting he will make top 2

One more edit: USA one spot in pairs; Austria also to qualify for the free

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
after withdrawals:
Alina to win and Maria and Satoko to be on the podium (wouldn't mind Wakaba either, or Daleman or Tennell or Nagasu)
Russia to keep three spots, Japan to gain a third spot, Canada to get two spots, the US to keep three spots

Boyang, Nathan, and Dima on the podium in any order

Tarasova/Morozov, James/Cipres, and Marchei/Hotarek as the podium, with Ryom/Kim in fourth and Knierim/Knierim in fifth

that the other US ice dance teams fulfill the idea that the Shibs are number 1

Jedi

On the Ice
I am going to take a hopeful "justice" approach. OR trying to balance out misfortunes and all but of course this is just my opinion.

In pairs. with S/K out tragically and S/H out I hope for Tarasova and Morozov to win after seeing her in tears at the olympics it was so so sad and so human. My "logic" is Savchenko and Massot have OGM; they won it in a squeaker, they have their prize now it is someone else's. lol. Part of me is cheering for Cipres and James or an upstart Canadian team Seguin and Bilodeau. No matter what hope I may have not that I have anything against them S/M will win a medal.

In men, part of me wants Shoma to win after being the Susan Lucci of skating at worlds and the olympics. I do wish Nathan well as twice he has looked like medal or even gold medal worthy and fallen off the podium - last year he even lost to Patrick Chan. It would be nice to Max Aaron to skate well not be on the podium though; I am not a fan of Vincent's skating or Boyang other than they can juma and I am fine with them not being on the podium. I would be happy with a Russian man on the podium.

Dance well even if Gabby lost her top completely and Guillaume lost his shirt they still will win. Only typhoon virtue and moir could take away gold from the French. I would love for Weapo and Gilles and Porier or Hubbell and Donahoe to medal.

For ladies in a fantasy world I will go with Osmond. I have a strong reason. I am not sure I like her skating compared to Evgenia or Alina as much. However, it is ironic that some critical minds and analysts might tell you that skaters like ironically all Canadian Liz Manley, Josee Chouinard, Joannie Rochette and Kaetlyn Osmond have it all but are not rewarded or seen as good as they are because they are not the "traditional balletic style/fluid lyrical skaters". They are graceful and powerful in their own right and when their jumps on they are the best (along with perhaps Midori Ito, Tonya Harding, Irina Slutskaya, Viktoria Volchkova and a few other jumpers). I would add Daleman and sentimental fave Kostner as long as she actually retires and moves on lol. But I don't think Osmond can beat Alina and I think the judges might want to reward Satoko. I don't think Maria is complete enough skater to get on the podium in reality. but there is no way two canadians will be on the podium though I would wish because I like Gabby too. Not my hope but probably Alina, Carolina and Satoko or Wakababy or some "relative" surprise American - because can anyone keep the American ladies down this long?

BlueCat28

Match Penalty
I am going to take a hopeful "justice" approach. OR trying to balance out misfortunes and all but of course this is just my opinion.

In pairs. with S/K out tragically and S/H out I hope for Tarasova and Morozov to win after seeing her in tears at the olympics it was so so sad and so human. My "logic" is Savchenko and Massot have OGM; they won it in a squeaker, they have their prize now it is someone else's. lol. Part of me is cheering for Cipres and James or an upstart Canadian team Seguin and Bilodeau. No matter what hope I may have not that I have anything against them S/M will win a medal.

In men, part of me wants Shoma to win after being the Susan Lucci of skating at worlds and the olympics. I do wish Nathan well as twice he has looked like medal or even gold medal worthy and fallen off the podium - last year he even lost to Patrick Chan. It would be nice to Max Aaron to skate well not be on the podium though; I am not a fan of Vincent's skating or Boyang other than they can juma and I am fine with them not being on the podium. I would be happy with a Russian man on the podium.

Dance well even if Gabby lost her top completely and Guillaume lost his shirt they still will win. Only typhoon virtue and moir could take away gold from the French. I would love for Weapo and Gilles and Porier or Hubbell and Donahoe to medal.

For ladies in a fantasy world I will go with Osmond. I have a strong reason. I am not sure I like her skating compared to Evgenia or Alina as much. However, it is ironic that some critical minds and analysts might tell you that skaters like ironically all Canadian Liz Manley, Josee Chouinard, Joannie Rochette and Kaetlyn Osmond have it all but are not rewarded or seen as good as they are because they are not the "traditional balletic style/fluid lyrical skaters". They are graceful and powerful in their own right and when their jumps on they are the best (along with perhaps Midori Ito, Tonya Harding, Irina Slutskaya, Viktoria Volchkova and a few other jumpers). I would add Daleman and sentimental fave Kostner as long as she actually retires and moves on lol. But I don't think Osmond can beat Alina and I think the judges might want to reward Satoko. I don't think Maria is complete enough skater to get on the podium in reality. but there is no way two canadians will be on the podium though I would wish because I like Gabby too. Not my hope but probably Alina, Carolina and Satoko or Wakababy or some "relative" surprise American - because can anyone keep the American ladies down this long?

No way ,only if happened thats what you mentioned before.:laugh:

rosacotton

Final Flight
Biggest hopes:
*Japanese ladies regain 3 spots
*Satoko medals
*Redemption for Daleman
*Marchei/Hotarek and Morgan/Cipres BOTH medal
*Boyang to improve on his two bronzes
*US men keep 3 spots
*Capallini/Lanotte finally land again on the World podium

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
My biggest hope is to see Valentina and Ondrej on the podium - or at least having another competition of their lives, they deserve it.

iorii

On the Ice
Gold for Shoma and silver (or okay, bronze, not the best jumper...) for Satoko :dbana:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Biggest hopes:
*Japanese ladies regain 3 spots
*Satoko medals
*Redemption for Daleman
*Marchei/Hotarek and Morgan/Cipres BOTH medal
*Boyang to improve on his two bronzes
*US men keep 3 spots
*Capallini/Lanotte finally land again on the World podium
;
C/L have a world title and will get another medal this year - its in Milan folks!!!!! But this team is good but I am not so sure they deserve a world title while Weaver and Poje, the Shibutani's; B and S don't.

icedance

On the Ice
;
C/L have a world title and will get another medal this year - its in Milan folks!!!!! But this team is good but I am not so sure they deserve a world title while Weaver and Poje, the Shibutani's; B and S don't.

OK we got it you don’t like C/L but they totally deserve that world title and if they will skate clean, they will deserve that world medal in Milan. Anyway I remember for Boston when they were robbed just because they’re Italians and not from Canada or the USA, so they couldn’t make the podium. They don’t get so much recognitiom since they won the world title, so it’s going to be a really beautiful moment, if they’ll end on the podium!

frallik

Match Penalty
i'm seeing:coffee:now FS Novice:ddevil:Russia in Tumen - :bow:Dmitreeva Mariya Andreevna:bang:2007 y.o. makes:giveup:3A in her SP/FS... a ha-ha:yahoo:
another legend about the particular complexity of the 3A is destroyed