Predictions/ hopes for worlds | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Predictions/ hopes for worlds

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
Hopes
- Hubbell and Donohue for silver in dance, since gold seems virtually impossible
- Harley and Katia making it to the free skate in pairs
- Marchei/Hotarek on the podium
- Boyang back on the podium, hopefully improving on his past bronzes
- Stepanova and Bukin doing well and sticking it to the IOC
- The Japanese ladies getting their three spots back
- Cappellini/Lanotte and maybe Carolina...(?) having a great end to their careers

Edit: And how could I forget my darling Laurine?? :drama: I hope she is able to put together two clean skates to cap off her season. After Europeans, I just want to see her smiling in the Kiss and Cry again.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hoping for Laurine Lecavelier to have two fantastic outings, Bychenko to end up in the top five, Brendan Kerry, Kailani Craine and Alexandrovskaya/Windsor to all make the free skate, Cappellini/Lanotte to have a grand farewell, Papadakis/Cizeron to kill the SD in particular, and either James/Cipres or Marchei/Hotarek to get a medal (or both, both would be good).

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Because of many withdrawals of the top skaters some skaters have the opportunity to win a Worlds gold medal now. And some have even the possibility to win a bronze or silver medal that normally would be out of their reach.

Anyway, looking forward to watch the competition!!!

LadyB

Record Breaker
Men pred: (in no particular order!)
1. Uno
2. Chen
3. Jin

Wish:

Kolyada and/or Aliev on the podium

Ladies pred:
1. Zagitova
2. Osmond
3. Kostner

Wish:
Russian podium
2 Russians plus Osmond

Pairs pred:
1. S/M
2. T/M
3. J/C

Wish:
1. T/M
2. M/H
3. Z/E or A/R
Top 6 for the Knierims

Dance pred:
1. P/C
2. H/D
3. C/L

Wish:
At least one of the following on the podium
Gilles/Poirier
Weaver/Poje
Stepanova/Bukin

echeveria

3a-1/2lo-3f
On the Ice
Ok, so I'm new to figure skating, and at the moment I'm only really paying attention to men's skating (i know, please don't kill me), but here are my predictions, only for men's:

1. Chen
2. Uno
3. Jin

Hopes:
1. I want to see Matteo have a nice skate (possibly top 10? but pretty much impossible), hopefully he'll at least make it to have a free skate
2. I'd love to see Shoma win gold
3. Also would love to see Dmitri medal
4. I know I literally just said that I only pay attention to men's, but I really enjoy watching Ondrej and Valentina's programs, so it'd be nice to see them on the podium as well

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
out of all the talented skaters in Russia, Kostantinova is the best they could send?

The reasonable choice for this competition was Tsurskaya, but bombed the free skating at nationals, and Skate America before that.
Others are divided between too young, outdated and injured.

I think that Kostantinova's presence was way more strange at Junior Worlds, even considering how was placed in 3rd place at the Russian Junior Nationals.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
Harley and Katia get's to skate in the free as they were ripped off at the Olympics! :scowl:

Jedi

On the Ice
I love seeing other countries competing so yay for Australia but there are so few spots in the freeskate. Canada and the US may have teams not qualify which is unusual.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Harley and Katia get's to skate in the free as they were ripped off at the Olympics! :scowl:

It's been weeks and I'm still so mad about it. They got screwed over in the FS at 4CC an they got screwed over at the Olys.

Ziotic

Medalist
I just realized, if I’m looking at the standings correctly, Wakaba will be in the last group for the short program! I hope this helps her get her deserved PCS.

LeeJiHye19

Final Flight
For MEN
G-Chen
S-Uno
B-Jin
4.Kolyada
5.Aliev
6.Ge

But I really want Jin to beat Chen and Shoma. And Nam Nguyen to be in top 4 position.

For LADIES:
G-Zagitova
S-Osmond
B-Miyahara
4.Higuchi
5.Daleman or Bell
6.Kostner

Merjan

On the Ice
My hopes..
Gold for Shoma, Aljona / Bruno and
Papadakis / Cizeron. A medal for Satoko and Anna / Luca.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
My hopes..
Gold for Shoma, Aljona / Bruno and
Papadakis / Cizeron. A medal for Satoko and Anna / Luca.

I think your hope or wish will come true though I would prefer Weapoover Anna and Luca especially since the Italiansgot aworld title already when it could h ave gone to Weapo.

icedance

On the Ice
I think your hope or wish will come true though I would prefer Weapoover Anna and Luca especially since the Italiansgot aworld title already when it could h ave gone to Weapo.
Just stop it now really...Anna and Luca deserved that gold. They didn’t have chance to get on the podium since 2014, while W/P got 3(!) world medals. Fingers crossed for Anna and Luca! :pray:

evasorange

Final Flight
Max Aaron to perform to his peak and shock the world and get a medal! It was so sad watching him at nationals miss out in the Olympic team

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Just stop it now really...Anna and Luca deserved that gold. They didn’t have chance to get on the podium since 2014, while W/P got 3(!) world medals. Fingers crossed for Anna and Luca! :pray:

They have a big big shot at that world medal.

brushalley

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Would love S/M to win gold but I don't think they will do it.T/M will really want to do well and I think Aliona and Bruno will be tired.