Programs for Wagner next year? | Golden Skate

Programs for Wagner next year?

daphna

On the Ice
I hope she keeps HHCC for the SP. it's awsome and could get even better next year.
Moulin has been wonderful and developed beautifully over the past 2 season to its climax last night, it'll be hard to match. One thing's for sure - Lyrics is a perfect fit for Ashley!

russell30

Final Flight
Ashely did hint that it maybe her last season, but this was before she made the podium.

If she does decide to hang up her skates, she could not have capped it off better by finally getting on the podium in her home country.

Ashley would need to have some thinking time before she does decide, but she has made a lasting impression on the sport, she is like a fine wine and I feel she is getting better, but as 2016 worlds shown the level of skating is on the rise, even the ladies placed 6th to 11th would have done well at previous years.

I hope she continues in reality it's one more worlds and then Olympics but that's a lot of hard work and training, I would not be surprised though if she wants to retire....

desertskates

Medalist
I also hope she keeps the short and get a spiffy new dress in a bright color. I always though Ashley could really pull of a mature and sexy tango. But for the love of God, not Yo Soy Maria! :palmf:

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I hope she continues in reality it's one more worlds and then Olympics but that's a lot of hard work and training, I would not be surprised though if she wants to retire....

I don't see Ashley retiring before the next Olympics. She is someone who loves to compete, so I don't think it's as much about the medals as it is for some other skaters.

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I hope she has two new programs next season. It shouldn't too much to ask that skaters have two brand new programs each season.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I hope she has two new programs next season. It shouldn't too much to ask that skaters have two brand new programs each season.

Certainly she will have a new LP, but I'd like to see a new SP too. I liked her SP this season but I wasn't really crazy about it.

apons575

Rinkside
2016-2017 Dream Programs for Diva Wagner

Since Ashley has used the Moulin Rouge program for two years, I'm sure she is looking to create some fresh programs for the upcoming season. Someone posted a clip of Beyonce dancing to Shostakovich 10, and I thought that would be a PERFECT fit for a free program. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZbJOE9zNjw

I can just SEE the SASS and FIRE....Team Ashleyyyy!!!

Anybody have any other suggestions?!

andromache

Record Breaker
As much as I love my girl Diva Wagner, there is another thread for Dream Programs, which is where this should be moved. :)

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Hopefully she works on acquiring better-than-her-currently-average skating skills instead of contorting her face. Love the SP.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Ashley has a great taste on music, so I don't worry about what music she will use for the next season

But I personally see her perform to some lyrical piece of music though.

For EX program, I'll be thrilled if Wagner performs to Ride of the Valkyries (super strong!). That is my little fantasy for a long time. :laugh:

Icey

Record Breaker
I am not for skater's being allowed to use the same music for two seasons. IMHO it creates an uneven playing field in that they have much longer to tweak and refine their program than someone who is using different music

Last edited:
Evita. With vocals, it would be perfect. Especially now that she's a world medalist - "Don't cry for me Argent-USA, the truth is I never left you. All through my wild days, my mad existence, I kept my promise...." And then the Miami Heat remix to end the program.

And a new SP to "Santa Maria" by Gotan Project, or some other cool modern-sounding tango. I hope she brings fire to both of her program choices.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I really love her current SP - fits her like a glove and she can bring out the sass of these vocals and dancey feeling. Regardless of knowing it would be a similar choice to 'Hip Hip, Chin Chin', I would LOVE her to do SP to 'Magalenha' by Sergio Mendez - this would be even more samba and dancey, with right choreo and more vibrant costume it would be great

andromache

Record Breaker
I am not for skater's being allowed to use the same music for two seasons. IMHO it creates and uneven playing field in that they have much longer to tweak and refine their program than someone who is using different music

A rule like this would hurt skaters who can't afford new choreography. Ashley kept Moulin Rouge this season because she had to skate in shows for the $$ and didn't have time to do a new LP before the start of the season.

There are pros and cons to using new music versus old music. Someone who keeps their music and has the "unfair advantage" of being able to refine their program also has the disadvantage of having what might end up being a stale program.

I figured Moulin Rouge would be stale at the start of this season, but enough was changed and refreshed to make it new and great.

Ashley, give us something with the DRAMA of Moulin Rouge but more subtle. I know you're up to the challenge.

AsadaFanBoy

Final Flight
I really love her current SP - fits her like a glove and she can bring out the sass of these vocals and dancey feeling. Regardless of knowing it would be a similar choice to 'Hip Hip, Chin Chin', I would LOVE her to do SP to 'Magalenha' by Sergio Mendez - this would be even more samba and dancey, with right choreo and more vibrant costume it would be great

I think Ashley already did a Malagueña program

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ciro9741iZc

moriel

Record Breaker
She should keep her SP - its pretty nice and can be surely reworked, and get a new FS (its great too, but kinda boring already, 2 seasons is enough).

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I read somewhere this morning that Raf plans to meet with her soon to map out a two-year strategy for music and elements, taking her into the Olympics. Presumably, this would give her some lead time to start working now on portions of the Olympic programs.

With that in mind, I agree with moriel that she should keep "Hip Hip" this year & concentrate on a new long program. The snarky in me would love to see her do Gracie's exact "Firebird" or Elena's "Titanic" -- just to show how dramatic they COULD have been -- but of course not. I've always loved Sasha's music cuts for Rach 2, but that might be too traditional.

For the Olympic year (presumably her farewell), I'd love to see "Black Swan" reworked as the SP, as a homage to the program that was a breakthrough for her. I'm not sure what the "rules" are for re-using some of the iconic moves with a different choreographer ...

For the Olympic LP, that's a tough one. I like the sass of Hip Hip, but would not want a whole LP of it. She could do a gorgeous Adele medley, but that might not be "fresh" in two years.