Programs for Wagner next year? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Programs for Wagner next year?

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
I would like some sassy music from her, but maybe she will surprise us with a lyrical piece!

But anyway, as long as she can end right-on with the music, I don't care whatever music she will use

Eclair

Medalist
Beyoncé: I was here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77tiSa6r0cg

Would be perfect for her!! Sensual, grand and emotional:love::love::love::love::love::love:

I wanna leave my footprints on the sands of time
Know there was something that, something that
I left behind
When I leave this world, I'll leave no regrets
Leave something to remember
So they won't forget

I was here...
I lived, I loved
I was here...
I did, I've done, everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be
I will leave my mark so everyone will know
I was here...

Nathan13

Medalist
I really want to see a James Bond program from her...particularly, "Writing's on the Wall" from the new one by Sam Smith.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I can see Ashley skating to "Your Song", but I would think she's sick and tired of Moulin Rouge now. LOL.

I'd like to see Ashley skating to something classical and not theatrical for once. That would be interesting and probably something outside of her comfort zone. Chopin, Rach, Gabriel's Oboe, something else? Or maybe even Danse Macabre (although I know it's cliche)? It can show off Ashley's strong side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ4wBAX1DX4

Your Song Ex from Ash :)

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Evita. With vocals, it would be perfect. Especially now that she's a world medalist - "Don't cry for me Argent-USA, the truth is I never left you. All through my wild days, my mad existence, I kept my promise...." And then the Miami Heat remix to end the program.

And a new SP to "Santa Maria" by Gotan Project, or some other cool modern-sounding tango. I hope she brings fire to both of her program choices.

No Evita :slink: We had enough of it from ladies this year. I like Gotan Project's music but too many skated to it and this is a time-worn concept. I would like some not famous / overused classical music for once. There is way too much musicals in ladies field these days.

Last edited:

skate29

Rinkside
Ashley is great with the character portrayals and sass and everything, but it would be great to see her challenge herself with something a little softer than normal. Maybe even some classical ballade??? I just think it would give her the chance to work on some skating skills instead of having to rely on dramatic facial expressions for her PCS.

theskatingbutterfly

On the Ice
I may be crazy but I'd love to see the Glee version of "Papa, can you hear me?" I know the song has been used but I think Ashley could really use the emotion to her advantage and the judges tend to lean towards emotional/tear-jerking programs more.

glorybox6

Final Flight

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I loved Wagner´s Black Swan, but after that her freeskate programs have not impressed me that much. She should have some strong, dramatic music to make her best interpretation, IMO.

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I would love to see her skate to Streisand's version of "Somewhere" (often thought of "A Place for Us"); yes, a lot of folks have done West Side Story (mostly as instrumental medleys) but I don't think I've ever seen anyone skate to this vocal. So many nuances in power & emotion!

This times at 4:29; easy edit of the fade-out at the end can take it down. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAu3a7CMA84

Last edited:

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I would love to see her skate to Streisand's version of "Somewhere" (often thought of "A Place for Us"); yes, a lot of folks have done West Side Story (mostly as instrumental medleys) but I don't think I've ever seen anyone skate to this vocal. So many nuances in power & emotion!

This times at 4:29; easy edit of the fade-out at the end can take it down. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAu3a7CMA84

Thanks for the link!! I love Barbra and that is an awesome rendition of "Somewhere" but instead of Ashley I think it would better suit a pairs team, would love to see Tarah Kayne and Danny O'Shea skate to it. I truly think the skating world needs more Streisand!!!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashley and Shae-Lynne are a Dream Team.

I think what is clear from the past year is that Ashley's music needs to mean something personally to her. I mean, it's true of most skaters, but really becomes important in someone like Ashley whose connection to her music and emotional resonance are such powerful elements of her programs.

Now that I've considered, and listened to some of the suggestions, I think the ones that are sexy, romantic ballads would just be too limiting for her. War horses work because they have so many different moods. But I like contemporary, edgy music for Ashley. I predict she'll come up with something spectacular!

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
Ashley and Shae-Lynne are a Dream Team.

I think what is clear from the past year is that Ashley's music needs to mean something personally to her. I mean, it's true of most skaters, but really becomes important in someone like Ashley whose connection to her music and emotional resonance are such powerful elements of her programs.

Now that I've considered, and listened to some of the suggestions, I think the ones that are sexy, romantic ballads would just be too limiting for her. War horses work because they have so many different moods. But I like contemporary, edgy music for Ashley. I predict she'll come up with something spectacular!

I liked her Pollock SP in 2012, I'd like to see her skate to something in that vein again.

Last edited: