Quick question about the Czech Republic | Golden Skate

Quick question about the Czech Republic

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
I keep seeing the CR being mentioned with regard to Russian skaters. Like, someone wrote after Maiya's latest article that they hope to see her there. There have beeen numerous references to it. I'm at a loss. What are they referring to? I thought maybe the Chechen Republic, but what's going on there? Someone please enlight me. Thanks!

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
I know what you mean, but afaik this CR is just a google translation error. It has nothing to do with the Chechen/Czech Republic. It refers to some kind of competition, maybe worlds or nationals, I do not remember anymore.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
THANK YOU!!! That's what I was thinking, and that it was being held in Chechnya, but I looked at it's in Siberia. This finally makes sense!! :bsplit:

I also recently learned what a "mushroom" is: Judges propping up skaters with inflated PCS. And a "butterfly" is a popped jump. Trying to educate the world! lol

thatdarncat

Spectator
So glad someone asked this question, I have been wondering the same. I know they are referring to the Russian Nationals but I kept thinking do they hold it in the Czech Republic which didn't make any sense :laugh:

Gourlie

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
So glad someone asked this question, I have been wondering the same. I know they are referring to the Russian Nationals but I kept thinking do they hold it in the Czech Republic which didn't make any sense :laugh:
Oh my god, please, do this! I will be super excited to visit Russian Nationals held in our country. :pray::ROFLMAO: