Reactions and criticism of judging by Network commentators - NBC, CBC, BBC, etc | Page 28 | Golden Skate

Reactions and criticism of judging by Network commentators - NBC, CBC, BBC, etc

wootie

Match Penalty
Attack, attack! People must be held accountable (as Ashley Wagner said). That includes commentators.

bmcc102

Rinkside
I feel that the ladies free skate showed that Ms. Lipinski, while fun to listen to at times, was VERY insecure about her own win in Nagano which is why she felt it necessary to repeat ad nauseum why Adelina won. Apparently having "heart" and grabbing the moment (despite the fact that, well, it ain't hard to do when you're on home court in a totally corrupt, biased arena) means you should win the gold medal. Let's face it. Tara was kiddie skater who happened to be a powerful jumper once upon a time. Looking back on that Nagano gold medal free skate, all I can think is "wow, she was a great jumper for such an itty bitty, immature kid." Nothing in her free program was interesting except the 3L-3L combination. Her choreography was corny, she looked like a little dwarf/elf thing and the music was, um, pedestrian.

Anyway, I just found it obnoxious how blatant she was in her support for Adelina bc, well, she knows Adelina's absurd gold medal "win" looks a lot like her own (except perhaps Tara deserved her gold medal a bit more since she didn't step out of any of her jumps in an ugly, ridiculous way). Tara, honey, please shove it.

As for Johnny, I find it perplexing how in love with Russian culture he is when it's pretty obvious most Russians would rather stone him to death than embrace him for his supposed "artistry."

Anyway, rant off. They were a fun pair to listen to, but they were also irrational, biased and completely ridiculous commentators for many of the events (ice dance included).

Tara is entitled to her opinion, just as you are. No need to attack.

fahrenheit290

Rinkside
I totally agree that Tara is insecure. Especially in the years following her win when Kwan became the most honored skater in modern figure skating. Her win is arguable...and many people would've liked to see Kwan win (which probably bugs the **** out of Tara). Also, what has she done to her face? That shows insecurity more than her repeated comments defending the judges and Adelina.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Somehow, I think that this thread and the OP would be full of praise for Tara Lipinski and her career if Lipniski had stated that Yu-Na should have won the OGM in Sochi instead of defending Adelina.

aa456

On the Ice
most commentary is BS these days anyway but like most people have said, there's really no point to this thread.

sk8in

Match Penalty
I wonder if Adelina will burn out as fast as Tara did? Probably not before she loses a few competitions, make her a laughing stock.

aa456

On the Ice
I wonder if Adelina will burn out as fast as Tara did? Probably not before she loses a few competitions, make her a laughing stock.

I'm sorry but I don't understand why people are being mean and wishing ill for this girl!?! Everyone has the right to feel a certain way about the judging and tech calls in Sochi. But why make fun of Adelina or Yuna or Russians or Koreans or even members here?! I just don't get it...

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I'm sorry but I don't understand why people are being mean and wishing ill for this girl!?! Everyone has the right to feel a certain way about the judging and tech calls in Sochi. But why make fun of Adelina or Yuna or Russians or Koreans or even members here?! I just don't get it...

Because they are extremely frustrated that the facts don't support their position that the entire judging panel was part of the evil conspiracy.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
another attack thread for not agreeing with the so called Queens Score :rolleye:
No Lipinski is not insecure, she beat Kwan in Nagano fair and square

sk8in

Match Penalty
another attack thread for not agreeing with the so called Queens Score :rolleye:
No Lipinski is not insecure, she beat Kwan in Nagano fair and square

She absolutely did. There is something to the fact that Yuna Kim is now being framed as the "balletic" skater, as opposed to Adelina's technical abilities. It is similar to the dynamic between Tara and Kwan. I guess its an easy way to pigeon hole Asian women skaters?

Inabauer

Rinkside
I totally agree that Tara is insecure. Especially in the years following her win when Kwan became the most honored skater in modern figure skating. Her win is arguable...and many people would've liked to see Kwan win (which probably bugs the **** out of Tara). Also, what has she done to her face? That shows insecurity more than her repeated comments defending the judges and Adelina.

I was wondering the same thing about her face! It looked plastic... Agree that she is a one hit wonder, no way can she be in the same breath as Michelle's legacy. Flukey olympic win and that's it.

KJGL

Rinkside
I don't get the impression she's insecure, and I've completely loved her skating analysis with Johnny during the Olympics, but over the years it has seemed as though she (and from what I remember reading here and there, her mom) could never quite figure out how she won the OGM but Michelle walked away with all the love and became the skating legend.

moviechick

On the Ice
She and Johnny were the talk of the Olympics here. They already got hired by Access Hollywood, and I think they'll have a great future in this. She seems to have the personality for it.

usethis2

Medalist
She was (understandably) more into Yulia, iirc. Though I haven't seen her talking after the FS. I switch the channel every time she appears. XD