Rika Kihira | Page 54 | Golden Skate

Rika Kihira

rikaquegira

On the Ice
But hasn't she been in the last group all season?

The SP order at Worlds is defined by ISU World Ranking, if Rika is too low in the rankings she will skate in earlier groups. I don't know what her position is right now but I think she's probably aiming for the last group for the SP, which would be better cause judges are dumb and would probably hold her down on PCS and stuff if she skates earlier.

rikaquegira

On the Ice

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Yes, I think the caller took the toepick as the standard for landing, instead of full blade/weight on the ice. It's the only way I can explain that UR call. At least from the footage we have, I wouldn't call it under rotated at all.

It was definitely not UR. One of those wrong calls, what can you do *sigh*

P44

On the Ice
I can't see any under rotation on the jump either. We have already seen so many worst UR not being called with many skaters...
And she seemed so disappointed with her score :(

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I can't see any under rotation on the jump either. We have already seen so many worst UR not being called with many skaters...
And she seemed so disappointed with her score :(

well, she was hoping to have a clean SP with 3A and all at this event and building her confidence going into Worlds. Unfortunately it didn't happen so it must have been very disappointing.
But I trust her to shake it all up before the next big event.
let's see how she will do tomorrow.
With the blades/boots issues and all it is understandable to mess up a little. Everything is a opportunity to learn, I'm sure Rika will come out of this event with more knowledge on her baggage which she will use at future challenges. :agree:

lzxnl

Final Flight
Yes, I think the caller took the toepick as the standard for landing, instead of full blade/weight on the ice. It's the only way I can explain that UR call. At least from the footage we have, I wouldn't call it under rotated at all.

But alright, I'm not even worried.
She can do better tomorrow. :pray: :)

Lmao how is that even UR. Wow.

I think all us Rika fans are pretty used to her trailing by a few points in the short. She'll want that 160 in the free. I'm calling it. She really has nothing to lose here by going for it either.

Without the UR on the 3T and with an actual spin (that was a shock), she'd be on 73 ish, which would ordinarily set her up pretty well in the free at any other competition. But damn it Rika that 3A...

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
That UR call was :scratch2:

Anyway, Rika WILL come for everyone in the free. :))) Go for that 160, bb!
:luv17:

I haven't rooted for anyone competitively since Yuna retired. Although I love many skaters, I didn't have anyone I wanted to win hard. Until Rika showed up. My god, the thrill. I missed the excitement. Can't wait for Worlds.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Also her TES went down. Apparently they gave her some phantom calls again. Please ISU fire these judges :)
She was underscored by over 10 points. I am so angry

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
She still won. Thank God!!!!! Still angry though. LOL. Sorry for spaming this fan fest, but I am so angry. She was so good.

lzxnl

Final Flight
Also her TES went down. Apparently they gave her some phantom calls again. Please ISU fire these judges :)
She was underscored by over 10 points. I am so angry

When the protocols come out, I am going to spend a decent amount of time over how the hell she got 77 TES for that and 64 PCS. The scoring of Rika, Wakaba and Starr will never cease to amaze me.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
When the protocols come out, I am going to spend a decent amount of time over how the hell she got 77 TES for that and 64 PCS. The scoring of Rika, Wakaba and Starr will never cease to amaze me.

I will have nightmares about this judging for the next few days :)