Rika Kihira | Page 55 | Golden Skate

Rika Kihira

lzxnl

Final Flight
I'll need to rewatch that 2Lo. I thought her combo was ok, but to be fair, the YouTube stream camera was absolutely awful. The quality was bad and the cameraman clearly didn't know how to record a figure skating program.

The 3A GOE is understandable, as the landing was a bit tight. The GOE on the spin is understandable, as she was travelling really badly. If the UR on the 2Lo does indeed hold, then I can't actually complain about her tech score as it wasn't a perfect program. Then again, apparently these are her backup skates, so she's not doing badly to land 3As in them.

The PCS is criminal, however.

thexfireball

Rinkside
Rika getting 64 PCS makes just as much sense as Satoko getting 65 PCS at Bavarian Open :palmf: Who knows what goes on at these competitions, but glad she won and will get those ranking points.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
At least she got some good GOE on her 3 Loop even higher than at GPF and 4CC. Her air position looked much better and less wild than usual if the camera showed it correctly. That camera quality is :/

gotoschool

Medalist
Really happy Rika was able to make a comeback to win in the long program. I noticed the improvement on the landing and air position in the triple loop in the long and she was able to hold her final pose marvelously steady like she did at the Grand Prix Final and NHK. After looking at the double loop more closely in slow motion, it looked rotated and the double loop clearly in the long because the camera angle and distance made it very difficult to see, but I definitely agree with the bogus call on the triple toe in the short. In the long especially, the PCS was obviously heavily deflated and ridiculously low for such a beautiful smooth and expressive performance with such marvelous skating skills and exquisite positions and posture, especially since it was relatively lower than the SP, a full 9 points lower than the Grand Prix Final LP, and 6 points lower than the 4CC's. I think Rika's scores were purposely held down to keep the scores closer, though she still won by a lot.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
Congratulations to Rika!
That PCS is criminally low like Satoko's PCS at Bavarian Open. :palmf:

sakurano

Final Flight
Bravo for this new gold, yes the PCS are low but I think it's normal for a small competition you should not worry that does not reflect his talent and his capasities.

It was just a warm up before the world, she has to work on her 3A SP why such a blockage? I like the adjustments of her FS, I hope that next year she will continue to offer us original programs that suits her better than the classic programs.

lzxnl

Final Flight
Bravo for this new gold, yes the PCS are low but I think it's normal for a small competition you should not worry that does not reflect his talent and his capasities.

It was just a warm up before the world, she has to work on her 3A SP why such a blockage? I like the adjustments of her FS, I hope that next year she will continue to offer us original programs that suits her better than the classic programs.

I've never really understood why there's so much of an issue with the SP. It's still a 3A with a similar-ish entrance. It's almost as if she learns from her SP in the FS.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
For those of you who don't have access to the competition thread, PM me if you'd like a temporary download link for CBC television's belated coverage of 4CC from this past Saturday, which includes her LP.

gotoschool

Medalist
I found this 1080 HD version of Rika's freeskate at Champion Cup which is the highest quality version of this wonderful performance I could find. Rika's fine-tuned adjustment in mid-air on her triple axel combined with such a smooth save on landing is one of the best I have ever seen and it has such an intriguing twister shape. The quickness of her reflexes and agility mixed with grace are stunning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK3o_ifAqbo

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
I found this 1080 HD version of Rika's freeskate at Champion Cup which is the highest quality version of this wonderful performance I could find. Rika's fine-tuned adjustment in mid-air on her triple axel combined with such a smooth save on landing is one of the best I have ever seen and it has such an intriguing twister shape. The quickness of her reflexes and agility mixed with grace are stunning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK3o_ifAqbo
Definitely the 2lo was not under, she was clearly underscored in pcs and tes, I noticed her jumps are getting even better and that's awesome, I hope in Saitama the judges give her the real score in PCS and I also hope that she can do finally the 3 triple axels in a competition and won the title by a great margin!, Go Rika! You are the best! You are incredible! You are a fighter! You can do it!

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Definitely the 2lo was not under, she was clearly underscored in pcs and tes, I noticed her jumps are getting even better and that's awesome, I hope in Saitama the judges give her the real score in PCS and I also hope that she can do finally the 3 triple axels in a competition and won the title by a great margin!, Go Rika! You are the best! You are incredible! You are a fighter! You can do it!

actually in real time the 2T looked more dicey than the 2Lo... :laugh:

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Rika is in Colorado with Satoko, training with Tom Dickson. :love:
I love how team Hamada keeps working on the program the entire season. :yes2:
Rika had said in an interview that she's not training quads in Colorado this time, she's just training the programs.
:agree:

https://twitter.com/WAIHSkating/status/1102646835598942209?s=20

Yes! I really love the approach Mie Hamada and Tom Dickson have, working on the choreo several times a season to make it even more perfect. I cannot wait for the next programs Tom Dickson creates for Rika and Satoko next season.

lzxnl

Final Flight
For this season
I just hope she hits the 3A in the short. That's all she needs. LOOOL. Worth more points than bumping her PCS from 72 to 74, imo, but that's good for next season I guess.