Roman Sadovsky | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Roman Sadovsky

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Now that Roman looks more like a man and less like a teenager when he skates, is it just me, or does he appear more Jeff Buttle-like (albeit taller)? My mind exclaimed the whole time while he performed his SP, "Goodness gracious, he reminds me even more of Jeff than before! How is this possible?!" :jaw:

Roman was at his most romantic in "Fly Me to the Moon," and I wonder if having a special lady in his life may have inspired him to be a "leading man," as Debbi Wilkes said in her commentary. ;)

Thank you so much for uploading the video siberia82! It was such a pleasure to watch Roman's performance again. He did an amazing job for the first time out this season. Mama Bear is very pleased and and very proud. It's so nice to see that gorgeous ease coming back into his skating.

You're very welcome, and yes, you should be immensely proud of your "son." ;) The mistakes don't detract from the improvements that he has made.

DW did a wonderful job with the program too, highlighting Roman's natural elegance and musicality.

Absolutely! I've noticed that Roman's PCS for this SP is over 3 points higher than what he got at the 2017 Skate America, so the judges clearly approve of the greater sophistication in his presentation skills. :points:

No, none of the jumping passes were clean, but it's obvious he knows what he needs to do, so that will get cleaned up as the season goes on.

I'm not too concerned with the errors at this point; as you've said, this was his first competition of the season, and perhaps he was injured when he withdrew from the National Summer Series, so that would limit his training.

I can't wait to see his FP tomorrow. It looks deliciously dramatic from the snippets he posted.

I'm also eager to see what a more refined Roman can offer in the LP! :yay:

ETA: A little something from Pj Kwong https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn_5qf3h7jE/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=q7jxlrva7o5
Sounds like he's been hitting the gym.

Thanks for the link. I was thinking during his SP practice that his torso seemed bigger and more muscular, so now I know it wasn't my imagination. He does indeed appear to be stronger than last season.

I was super impressed by his skate today.

It's good to hear that you appreciated his SP as well. :)

I’m a relatively new fan of Roman (having “discovered” him at Canadian nationals last season), but he’s quickly becoming one of my favorite up and coming skaters.

I'm fairly new-ish to his fandom as well (I jumped on his bandwagon exactly a year before you), but once I was entranced by this otherworldly prince, I've been his loyal subject ever since. :bow:

He has such great potential, with wonderful skating skills, athleticism, style, and (IMO) star quality.

ITA! :agree2: If he can land his jumps consistently, I truly believe he'll become a big name in this sport. Roman's skating is just so special, and he has a captivating presence on the ice. This new SP demonstrates even more so than in the past the depth of his talent. He has the complete package; he just needs to deliver cleaner performances.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Here's his LP practice from this morning in 1080p:

Last edited:

Ziotic

Medalist
My mom also though Roman was Jeff Bittle re-encarnate!

She kept asking if it was his choreo too.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
My mom also though Roman was Jeff Bittle re-encarnate!

I understand what your mother meant, but Roman can't possibly be a reincarnated Jeff since the latter is still alive. :p I remember seeing on another forum a fan describing Roman as Jeff Buttle Version 2.0. :laugh:

She kept asking if it was his choreo too.

It's not Buttle's choreo, but it's close; David Wilson was the one who created Roman's SP, and he was Jeff's choreographer when the latter was competing.

It find it odd that Roman has never worked with his idol, though. :think: Is Buttle too expensive, too busy, or is Roman intimidated by the idea of collaborating with a skater that he not only looks up to, but emulates to a large degree?

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
:cheer:

Congratulations to Roman on his first international senior medal. Not a perfect skate, but a promising one.

Just don't fall on an axel like that again, because that looked painful.

emdee

Final Flight
Baby Roman you have come of age.
Congratulations on your first senior medal. Hope many more to come.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
This is his bronze medal free skate in 1080p! :dance3:

I'm kind of incoherent right now, so I'm just going to SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! :jump:

:cheer:

Congratulations to Roman on his first international senior medal.

Not just international; he doesn't even have national senior-level medal!

Not a perfect skate, but a promising one.

Maybe I'm just an overly optimistic fangirl, but I think we're seeing the beginning of greatness!!! :rock:

Last edited:

Koatterce

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Skate Canada's IG story has a clip of Roman finding out he medalled and it's so precious ( i may or may not have watched it multiple times...)

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
I’m so pleased and excited that Roman made the podium, well deserved!:hap10: Wouldn’t it be great if he became Canada’s top men’s skater this season?

Weetos

Final Flight
Skate Canada's IG story has a clip of Roman finding out he medalled and it's so precious ( i may or may not have watched it multiple times...)

That was adorable :biggrin:

I didn't know much of Roman before this competition but he looked like Canada's next star to me. A lovely skater :agree2:

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Rewatching Roman’s FS without being distracted by Nepela allowed me to appreciate the nuances I missed live. What a gorgeous program for him. When he skates it to perfection or near perfection, it’s guaranteed to make me cry.