Roman Sadovsky | Page 29 | Golden Skate

Roman Sadovsky

snowyowls

On the Ice
Country
Canada
But at least there is still some good news - Roman will participate (has participated?) in Skate Canada Challenge, a virtual competition where skaters were filmed earlier at their home rinks, it will be broadcast with live judging and commentary. You can watch on Skate Canada dailymotion channel: https://www.dailymotion.com/skatecanada The senior mens short program will be on January 15 at 12:00PM EST and the free skate on January 17 at 12:00PM.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Here's Roman's performance from earlier today that I've cut directly from the official archived livestream (although it should be noted that Streamable no longer allows 1080p uploads for free accounts :cautious: , but Dailymotion rejected it because of the music).

2021 SC Challenge SP (720p):

Last edited:

snowyowls

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Here's Roman's performance from earlier today that I've cut directly from the official archived video (although it should be noted that Streamable no longer allows 1080p uploads for free accounts :cautious: , but Dailymotion rejected it because of the music).

2021 SC Challenge SP (720p): https://streamable.com/apotn7
Thanks for the video! I absolutely LOVE this program! His jumps just get more and more consistent every season, I was only a little afraid for that 3a, haha. And his skating skills are just lovely, such beautiful flow across the ice! And the SPINS! That camel spin at the end is probably the best camel spin I've ever seen! Perfect spin positions and so fast and centred!
Roman was the only one to get 90+ today with 94.43 and is in first place after the short. Can't wait for the free skate!

snowyowls

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Roman won gold at Skate Canada Challenge! Had a few minor jump errors in the free skate but overall it was beautiful! I actually really don't like Chasing Cars but Roman is one of the few skaters who can make me forget that I don't like the music (the others are Han Yans La La Land and Nams Beatles fs, so he's in good company). He's just such a joy to watch! I can't wait to see it again whenever it's safe for competitions. I hope he'll make a vlog talking about Challenge, maybe he'll make an unboxing video when he gets his medal in the mail.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I've cut this directly from the official archived livestream.

2021 SC Challenge LP (1080p):

Congratulations to Roman for winning the Challenge!!! 🥇 Since there is no Canadian Championships this year, this is the closest thing to a national title this season, so he's still the Roman Emperor of Canada! :biggrin: I ADORE his "Chasing Cars" long program despite a couple of mistakes. :love:

Last edited:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Sorry for the wait, but I had reached my Dailymotion upload limit. I've cut this directly from the official archived livestream.

2021 SC Challenge Interview (1080p):

I'm sure you all prefer a separate link for Roman's interview instead of having to search the Junior Ice Dance video.

Last edited:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Wow, I just can't say enough about the talented Roman Sadovsky. I love his new program to "Chasing Cars". He is so artistic and powerful as he flows across the ice. He is also very talented at making films. I watched his two films he calls "Grounded". This young skater is surely headed for success on and off the ice. I look forward to seeing more of Roman's skating.

Petrushko Sashenko

Spectator
Love Roman's skating, so smooth and elegant. His spins are Awesome (their speed, centering, variety, leg and foot positions). This is especially showing in his beautiful short to that warhorse of a program that is Muse's "Exogenesis, pt.3" (whoa! who would tell us a few years back that this music would become so repetitive and de facto!).

emipeters

Rinkside
Thanks for the uploads, Siberia82, really great to see Roman's beautiful skating. I've been a fan for years, and it's so great to see him grow in confidence - long may it continue!

snowyowls

On the Ice
Country
Canada
So World Team Trophy has not been cancelled, meaning Roman will be competing! WTT will take place from the 15-18th.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

2021 WTT SP (1080p): [Dead link] (I'm surprised that Streamable actually allowed this video to be displayed in 1080p instead of forcing it to be 720p, which is the maximum for free accounts.)

Kudos to Roman for earning a Personal Best SP score of 89.61, beating his previous record by over 3 points! :cheer2:

ETA: Official YouTube link:

Last edited:

snowyowls

On the Ice
Country
Canada

2021 WTT SP (1080p): https://streamable.com/1mr18d (I'm surprised that Streamable actually allowed this video to be displayed in 1080p instead of forcing it to be 720p, which is the maximum for free accounts.)

Kudos to Roman for earning a Personal Best SP score of 89.61, beating his previous record by over 3 points! :cheer2:
Thank you!! This program is just beautiful and I'm so glad he skated well!! I hope the free skate goes just as well! :)

snowyowls

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Roman said "I can confidently say that was the last time I’m skating to Exogenesis in a competitive setting. I came back to that program this year as I felt I didn’t perform it to its fullest ability. An today’s performance was that special moment for that program. " on twitter. I almost wish he would keep it for next season but I'm sure he and his choregrapher will come up with another brilliant short!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Roman said "I can confidently say that was the last time I’m skating to Exogenesis in a competitive setting. I came back to that program this year as I felt I didn’t perform it to its fullest ability. An today’s performance was that special moment for that program. " on twitter. I almost wish he would keep it for next season but I'm sure he and his choregrapher will come up with another brilliant short!
I am glad he said it was the last time. He does a fantastic job with this music (better than most who have skated to it) but it's so overdone. I'm ready for him to get a new program.

Good luck to Roman in the free skate!