Rostelecom Cup 2017 TV schedules! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Rostelecom Cup 2017 TV schedules!

Pixieskater

Rinkside
FWIW:

OLYMPIC CHANNEL: HOME OF TEAM USA PRESENTS 14 HOURS OF LIVE 2017 GRAND PRIX RUSSIA FIGURE SKATING COVERAGE THIS WEEK

... Coverage Streamed on OlympicChannel.com, the Olympic Channel app, NBCSports.com, and the NBC Sports app

STAMFORD, Conn. – October 16, 2017 – This week’s coverage on Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA – a partnership between the International Olympic Committee, the United States Olympic Committee, and NBCUniversal – is highlighted by 14 hours of live coverage from the 2017 Grand Prix Russia, the first Grand Prix figure skating event of the Olympic season.

.... Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA is live streamed on OlympicChannel.com, the Olympic Channel app, NBCSports.com, and the NBC Sports app. Select replays and highlights will be available on these digital platforms as well as TeamUSA.org.....

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...rix-russia-figure-skating-coverage-this-week/ (Oct 16)​

Caveat:
I have no idea whether the Olympic Channel app will have restrictions on access -- e.g., maybe it will require authentication (or verification or whatever it is called) that you have a cable subscription that includes the Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA??​

Thank you! I have a valid authentication login for the channel from my cable provider, so that shouldn't be an issue (and I can watch what's on live right now). I was just confused as to why Rostelcom Cup is not on the schedule within the app. Hopefully, I'll just check at the right time tomorrow and it'll be playing.

- - - Updated - - -

99.9 % certain: no. Why do you think there would be? Far as I know, the GP has never been on the Olympic channel website/app (not to be confused with the new TV Olympic channel in the US).

I am referring to the app for the TV Olympic Channel, which should be playing it but it's not listed on their in-app schedule.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I am referring to the app for the TV Olympic Channel, which should be playing it but it's not listed on their in-app schedule.
LOL! Now I am confused, hehehehe!

So we have an Olympic channel app, and an Olympic channel app, and one is freely available for everybody and the other is linked to the US network? Or is it the same app?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Thank you! I have a valid authentication login for the channel from my cable provider, so that shouldn't be an issue (and I can watch what's on live right now). I was just confused as to why Rostelcom Cup is not on the schedule within the app. Hopefully, I'll just check at the right time tomorrow and it'll be playing. ...

The Rostelecom SPs and SD are on Friday Oct 20.
On tomorrow's schedule are only official practices.

AFAIK, Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA is not planning to show practices??
So I'm not clear whether the app will show anything tomorrow either??

Anyway, good luck. Hope it all works out for you.

figurefan0726

Final Flight
YouTube TV now has Olympic Channel! I missing all the short programs, but luckily I'm available to record them and watch it later! YAY~!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
YouTube TV now as Olympic Channel! I missing all the short programs, but luckily I'm available to record them and watch it later! YAY~!

OK, I am a bit confused so help out an old coyote. I went to YOUTUBE and sure enough, it LOOKS like they are going to post all sorts of Oly pre events like this one. It CANT be so simple that we just go to our big screens, bring up Youtube, and watch the skating whenever we want, can it?

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
On MAtch the commentators are TAT, Grishin
& Max T!:hap10:

pearly

Record Breaker
There's also this page: http://www.sportstream.tv/

Click "Other" and scroll down for figure skating. They will have several links (usually from various networks and wit commentary in several languages. Not marked or categorized, click through to see what's available once it starts.). Be careful with pop ups, download requests etc.

Pixieskater

Rinkside
The Rostelecom SPs and SD are on Friday Oct 20.
On tomorrow's schedule are only official practices.

AFAIK, Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA is not planning to show practices??
So I'm not clear whether the app will show anything tomorrow either??

Anyway, good luck. Hope it all works out for you.

I finally figured it out!! Hope this helps anyone else because I was so frustrated. To watch in an app- don't download the "Olympic Channel" app. That's worldwide and not showing GP figure skating (it's legit badminton or something). However, with a valid cable login you CAN watch the Olympic Channel USA through the NBC Sports app. So download THAT app, not the Olympic Channel app if you want to watch figure skating through an app tomorrow. So confusing!

nguyhm

On the Ice
I just checked the live stream schedule for Olympic channel on Directv (624) and it shows to have figure skating starting at 7:00 am (I'm assuming Eastern time) tomorrow Friday Oct 20, live from Moscow. I'm so glad I will be working from home tomorrow so I can start my week end with Rostlecom :hap85:
https://www.directv.com/Channels/Olympic-Channel-HD-624
Best wishes to all skaters! Especially my favorites although I won't name them so not to jinx them :pray:

A.H.Black

Final Flight
OK, I am a bit confused so help out an old coyote. I went to YOUTUBE and sure enough, it LOOKS like they are going to post all sorts of Oly pre events like this one. It CANT be so simple that we just go to our big screens, bring up Youtube, and watch the skating whenever we want, can it?

Youtube TV is different than going to Youtube. It is a subscription service that you pay for. Some people use these services instead of cable or satellite (or in addition to them).

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
I finally figured it out!! Hope this helps anyone else because I was so frustrated. To watch in an app- don't download the "Olympic Channel" app. That's worldwide and not showing GP figure skating (it's legit badminton or something). However, with a valid cable login you CAN watch the Olympic Channel USA through the NBC Sports app. So download THAT app, not the Olympic Channel app if you want to watch figure skating through an app tomorrow. So confusing!

Does this mean that I can watch on NBCSN.com with a cable subscription to The Olympic Channel? I went to The Olympic Channel's website and tried to log in but didn't see an option for Spectrum. I see Hulu, Youtubetv, Directtv, Playstation vue and some others. I then went to NBCSN and saw that it was listed on their schedule under The Olympic Channel. So does this mean I would use NBCSN instead of The Olympic Channel's website to watch online as a Spectrum customer?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Youtube TV is different than going to Youtube. It is a subscription service that you pay for. Some people use these services instead of cable or satellite (or in addition to them).

OK, thanks! I knew there was no free lunch, somehow. Looks like I am stuck with INW or Youtube vids in Japanese or Russian....
(Youtube TV DOES sound interesting for us Rabbit Ears folk)

Antyv

On the Ice
I can give acestream links for Friday and Saturday before competition, if you need (they change every day).
Acestream links for Friday.
Arena HD
acestream://bec5a251f8c23f9d1b949fd0bc21eb36c68ece28
Arena SD
acestream://b9421b868038ce6b1fb00c0c90a72bc0eccba5b0