2024-25 Rhythm Dance theme | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2024-25 Rhythm Dance theme

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
and 1970s...
Sorry, but I am sitting here laughing my head off folks, if you thought the versions we got of the 80s were both endearingly tacky and wildly, ahistorical and dodgy ... and you just ain't seen n-n-n-nothin' yet. I cannot wait, and I definitely have a wish list.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
2024-25 rhythm dance will be Social Dances and Styles of the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s according to the ISU commentary feed in today's free dance (I believe it was during the first warmup?). Mark didn't mention any pattern, not sure if that means it's yet to be released or just won't be specified like in 2022/23...
fpucbzfam5qc1.jpeg
:rolleye: :sick:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What on Earth are "Social Dances"?!

All I can think of is that it is dancing that you can do in a social group. And the picture that comes into my mind is this:

l378d7kmnBfN9n4Ry.webp

My response: PLEASE NO!!!!!!

CaroLiza_fan

Andrina

Rinkside
What on Earth are "Social Dances"?!

All I can think of is that it is dancing that you can do in a social group. And the picture that comes into my mind is this:

l378d7kmnBfN9n4Ry.webp

My response: PLEASE NO!!!!!!

CaroLiza_fan
"Social dances" makes me think of that movie "They shoot horses, don't they?". It's about a dance marathon for socially disadvantaged parts of society.

The movie is from 69 btw, so perfectly in the season theme.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
If just one team announces they will be skating to Achy Breaky Heart....... :bed::slink:

Dare I admit that there is a copy of the vinyl single in the room I am currently sitting in...? :slink:

I couldn't stop singing "Achy Breaky Heart" when it came out. All I can say is that I was VERY young, and didn't know any better.

But, don't worry, the song wasn't even written until 1990. So, it is well out of the time frame.

CaroLiza_fan

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
But, don't worry, the song wasn't even written until 1990. So, it is well out of the time frame.

CaroLiza_fan
Oh I think I quite liked it too, at first, it's good-natured and we had no idea how long and how pervasively it would wrap itself around our lives. And sorry about getting the date wrong! As we get older there is just so much music good and bad in our brains :dbana:

Magill

Record Breaker
Or maybe something like this? Looks pretty social to me. And even the choreo seems to be ready, complete with lifts, high kicks, twizzles, and even a backflip here and there, the only thing missing is the ice ...;)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't understand the category, but...

I say with all seriousness, no irony, no snark, no Golden Girls persona:

The first team that announces their RD to "The Hustle" will have my heart forever. FOR-EVER.❤️

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
A friend of mine has inspired me to think of possibly the worst future RD theme yet. Sure, the ones we’re hearing are pretty vague and dumb but imagine… “Commercials.” Top teams with programs to Coca-Cola and Fanta jingles, reminding you to drink your Ovaltine and perhaps get your hungry cat some MeowMix on the way home! :devil:

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Or maybe something like this? Looks pretty social to me. And even the choreo seems to be ready, complete with lifts, high kicks, twizzles, and even a backflip here and there, the only thing missing is the ice ...;)

Gee I like it. That was popular when I was in high school in the 1950s. Of course my dancing wasn't quite as athletic as the couples shown in the clip.:dance3::wink:

DancingCactus

Final Flight
ok, so will there actually be a pattern or some specific social dance-inspired moves they have to do? Does stoned swaying count as a 60s social dance?

I'm intrigued....

I can do without 50s pop music mostly, but 60s and 70s are great. But then again, I thought 80s was great too, and look how that turned out.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
There is going to be an appalling lot of disco all round and tighter than skin satin trousers. You have heard it here first.
That was the gist of my comment.

There is a strong possibility that we will get a lot of Glen Miller orchestra and Rock'n'Roll Elvis programs... I am almost okay with the first, but the latter... there is only one Elvis in skating... other than Stojko.

Here is a version anyone can probably watch... but not the best one

The best version is from Canadian nationals 2017... Just cannot find it on youtube right now. ...

Edit.. Found.. not sure if available.

Last edited:

Magill

Record Breaker
That was the gist of my comment.

There is a strong possibility that we will get a lot of Glen Miller orchestra and Rock'n'Roll Elvis programs... I am almost okay with the first, but the latter... there is only one Elvis in skating... other than Stojko.

Here is a version anyone can probably watch... but not the best one

The best version is from Canadian nationals 2017... Just cannot find it on youtube right now. ...

Edit.. Found.. not sure if availableI

Oh, no one rocked the house with Elvis stuff like Javier Fernandez did! Legendado! :love:
Have no time to look for a clean version, some jumps just have not been here that day, but otherwise ...

Last edited: