Sasha to win at Worlds | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Sasha to win at Worlds

Enero

On the Ice
Good Luck Sasha!!
I hope that you can harnise your artistic and atheletic ability to have an awesome skate!! I know you can do it!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Re: Michelle Kwan

diamondqueen said:
I have been a Michelle Kwan:) forever, so why would I want to change now. I hope that MK skates well and wins.
Huh??? Diamondqueen, now why would you do that in our Sasha Cheering Thread????:laugh: :laugh:

Dee

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Keeping my finger's crossed for a clean skate from Sasha and her first World medal............any color..........:) 42

Fossi

Final Flight
I didn't know this was supposed to be a Sasha Cohen cheering post. The title basically proclaims Sasha the winner at Worlds. I was reading to see if someone had already seen the future.
Here's to Cohen skating clean and maybe landing her quad.

sarahmistral

On the Ice
Fossi,
I think the difference between calling it "Sasha to win at Worlds" and "Sasha will win at Worlds" is like the difference between something like "So-and-so for president" (expressing a wish versus "So-and-so will be president"...just my two cents...

Sarah

p.s. ...and, of course, Dee DID open it saying:

"I am hoping for Sasha all the way"

and several similar messages followed. No psychics on this board, Fossi (that I know of), making authoritative predictions or proclamations--surely you skimmed through the some 15-odd posts and saw posters rooting innocently and wishing a skater they like the best (pretty legit GS activity, last I checked)??:rolleye: So worry not...

And while I'm here, might as well take this opportunity to say I wish Sasha, IMO a very talented and driven skater, all the best at Worlds. May the best skates win, and she is one of the many athletes at this competition capable of having the best skates.

The past is in the past, and I genuinely find it sad that people find comfort in past failings of certain skaters, human beings who work hard to excel at the sport we all love, to deride them with patently hollow "complimentary" remarks dripping with sarcasm and silly jabs that are entirely out of context with the positive spirit other fans are trying to create, and, I might add, not at the expense of any other skaters or by bashing any other skaters, on this thread, or at least on most of it. Don't like Sasha, Fossi? I say live and let live, as in enjoy the success of those skaters you like and let others enjoy the success of skaters they like, even if for you Sasha fans seem to be living in a fantasy world because she has had subpar skates on big occasions in the past.

Just like we're free to cheer Sasha on in a thread Dee decided to call "Sasha to win at Worlds", you have every right (as far as I'm concerned; don't know what the mods would think) to start a thread saying "Sasha NOT to win at Worlds", "Sasha bragging she's going to hit a quad when she hasn't hit all her triples flawlessly", "Why I don't like Sasha", or any other such not-so-subtly veiled Sasha bash-fest, but to address what's bothering me directly, and drop the dripping sarcasm pretense you did so well in your post, rooting on Sasha and her quad:rolleye:, I don't see the need for your sarcasm to drip on the parade of happy, excited Sasha fans looking forward to Worlds who are not ripping or denying credit to any other skater. Hopefully you are magnanimous enough to forgive us the crime of using the thread "Sasha to win at Worlds" as a cheering thread (gasp!) after (double gasp!) the person who titled it as such specifically invited us to do so:eek: :eek: :eek:

Your insistence on the unlikely element, again, based on past results, of a Sasha victory, which NO ONE was PROCLAIMING here, just hoping for, to me, is like cruelly pointing out that Michelle always falls short on Olympic occasions and saying, "let's hope she can keep it together on the big stage the third time around (but we all know that's not going to happen)", that's what I personally liken all this pointless Sasha naysaying to; each skater has a past personal best to improve upon, and I find it laudable that they, all elite-level figure skaters, my faves and those I don't like as much, wake up every morning with the desire, the motivation, the will, and the courage to try to continue improving in such a difficult and taxing sport.

'Nuff said.:rolleye:

Last edited:

sarahmistral

On the Ice
on a lighter note...

Roundboypete,
You MUST send Sasha that cheer!!!!! It's really adorable, very well proportioned rhythmically--now it's up to one of us, your many, devoted GS fans to write YOU a lovely ode along those lines:)

Sarah

sarahmistral said:

The past is in the past, and I genuinely find it sad that people find comfort in past failings of certain skaters, human beings who work hard to excel at the sport we all love, to deride them with patently hollow "complimentary" remarks dripping with sarcasm and silly jabs that are entirely out of context with the positive spirit other fans are trying to create, and, I might add, not at the expense of any other skaters or by bashing any other skaters, on this thread, or at least on most of it.
Well said, Sarah.
Just like we're free to cheer Sasha on in a thread Dee decided to call "Sasha to win at Worlds", you have every right (as far as I'm concerned; don't know what the mods would think) to start a thread saying "Sasha NOT to win at Worlds"...
In so far as I can speak for all the moderators, I hope no one does that. Posts have been edited and deleted very occasionally, and a couple of times posters have been banned, for persistent and excessive bashing of skaters (see the GS guidelines). We hate to do that. We mostly subscribe to the "Joesitz philosophy" -- a mean-spirited post reveals more about the character of the poster than about the object of the poster's attack.

Go Sasha!

Mathman:)

Last edited:

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
sarahmistral said:

, but to address what's bothering me directly, and drop the dripping sarcasm pretense you did so well in your post, rooting on Sasha and her quad:rolleye:, I don't see the need for your sarcasm

I didn't get that from Fossi's post at all :confused:

Laura

Fossi

Final Flight
I'm in a good mood today so I am laughing at Sarahmistrels post dedicated to me for whatever reason. Someone really needs to chill.
My post didn't mean anything that you implied. Your reaction says more about you than it does me. :)