Satoko Miyahara | Page 113 | Golden Skate

Satoko Miyahara

GGFan

Record Breaker
Tom Dickson is doing one part of TSL's Ladies Recap on Sunday. I finally get to hear him talk about Satoko's program!! :hap57:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Tom Dickson is doing one part of TSL's Ladies Recap on Sunday. I finally get to hear him talk about Satoko's program!! :hap57:

i stopped following them but i guess i will have to make an exception :laugh:

ioanna

Record Breaker
All I asked was a clean FS and a happy smile and I got that and even more than I imagined (new personal best scores that are even higher than the ones she got at Nationals? Crazy.) That 3S was not working for a good while and then she went and landed it like she hadn't struggled with it at all.

A very small part of me is sad that her absolute best was not enough for bronze but Kaetlyn had the FS of her career and absolutely deserves her medal. Both of Satoko's performances were so brilliant that they deserve to be celebrated instead of regretting that she didn't make the podium.

A year ago she was diagnosed with a stress fracture of the hip and she often wondered if she would be able to jump again. Well this morning she jumped to the stars. Even if the new GOE rules will not benefit her at all and even if the fields will inevitably become deeper with more talented skaters coming from juniors, I am thankful that she chooses to skate for another 4 years and I look forward to her development and beautiful programs / performances. :luv17:

sakurano

Final Flight
she may not have had the bronze medal but she can be proud of her of her career and her performance having a best season at the Olympics it's beautiful, I hope to see her again in four years

AnCho

Rinkside
Yuzu "chasing" Satton around the rink is just too adorable :luv17:

Please, can we have collab between Yuzu and Satton? That would be interesting :love:

christinaskater

Medalist
Congratulations Satoko for an incredible Olympic Games! I was rooting for you to win the Bronze (secretly the Gold Medal), but this sport is a political sport. I was very happy for Kaetlyn that she finally skated the performance of her life, but I was heartbroken for you. You were golden Satoko! For me, you are the epitome of the sport. Your artistry, musicality , class and style is phenomenal! I love you!

I’m happy that after Akiko Suzuki, I’m rooting for one of the greats that I’ve ever seen!

Technical: 5.8
Artistry : 6.0

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
her EX is just stunning, every moment is picturesque, i mean look at these pictures, i dont follow sport for too long it feel like she is continuing the tradition of classic skating in this new world and applying it successfully to the new system, she is incredible :love: and we still dont know the choreographer, ioanna are you slacking off? :biggrin:

Spinning

On the Ice
The other day I've just read about Joaquin Rodrigo's story behind "The Concierto de Aranjuez". Totally forgot that is Satoko's Ex this year!

The story is so sad. The music is a masterpiece just like Satoko's performance. :luv17:

AnCho

Rinkside
Satton looks stunning as always, even more when she's in her Aranjuez costume :love:

Great info on yuzu, satton and shoma interaction, thank you for sharing them here. Wish we have more though (getting greedy here lol :eek:: ). But maybe Satoko is more reserved and quiet than others so it's rarer to see her actively trying to get closer to Yuzu and/or Shoma (maybe?) . Secretly wish we could see more of their camaraderie like they did at gpf (miss those times :agree: )

May I know the story behind Aranjuez? I akways thought it was a romantic song inspired by the beauty of Garden of Aranjuez (if I remember correctly. Sorry if this is wrong though :) :thank:

Spinning

On the Ice
May I know the story behind Aranjuez? I akways thought it was a romantic song inspired by the beauty of Garden of Aranjuez (if I remember correctly. Sorry if this is wrong though :) :thank:

Oh no...he composed the piece during the time his wife Victoria gave birth to a stillborn baby and fought for her life from complications. He said it was his way to cope with the lost and a desperate prayer for his wife suffering.