Satoko Miyahara | Page 112 | Golden Skate

Satoko Miyahara

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I wish there was a medal for Satoko, but I'm happy she got to skate performances she could be proud of and got a new personal best in both programs.

franzkatka

On the Ice
A reminder that Satoko lost to Osmond on COMPONENTS. There was about a 1.5 point difference on TES and 4 POINTS on pcs. Absolutely absurd, and a very depressing time for figure skating scoring.

Exactly! I would be sad, but not upset, if Satoko lost fairly, but it was never a fair competition for her. That FS was divine.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
WE LOVE YOU SATOKO!!!!!!!!! No matter what you are the TRUE QUEEN!!! THE SKATE of this event!!!

Danibellerika

Medalist
Nothing to be ashamed of. She proved she is still Japan's best and she was able to put out her personal best here. I'm proud of Satton! :clap:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
She was my Bronze performance for the night. But even if she didn't get Bronze, I don't know why that PCS. Her basic skating, interpretation are very good. I'd say that these aspects should be considered Kostner-level. I don't think she's behind her in footwork, transitions or choreo at all.

Considering the generous nature of PCS this competition, I'm really not sure why they felt that Satoko needs to be 4, 5 PCS behind the pack.

Note, this is just for PCS. I feel like at least one combo they were generous to her on and could have called UR.

HollyRose

On the Ice
Satoko was absolutely wonderful tonight. She not only ate the ice monster and Olympic demon, she positively vanquished them :clap:

I'm heartbroken she didn't get a medal since I truly believe she deserved it, but she gave performances we can all treasure :luv17: I can't wait to see what more surprises Satoko will bring! We all know better than to ever count her out. :

Spinning

On the Ice
I'm kinda prepare for 4th place finished for Satoko but it hurts nonetheless. She did marvelous job, my skate of the day.

Japan (plus Korea and China) needs to step up their politik. I think Asian girls will take back the medals in Beijing. Look at Japanese and Korean junior army. They are capable of over take the skating world.

Hope beyond hope she'll stay for another circle. Do Mao-thing and retool the jumps!

AnCho

Rinkside
Yes!! Yes!! Yes!! What a performance from tiny queen. :yahoo: She might not get a medal but she definitely won against her own demon here. Guess she indeed ate the demon clean :yay: :laugh: . Don't know why but I was sometimes worried she would let her little hiccups at 4CC or her dissapoinment (at least this is the vibe I got) from the team event to held her back, especially in FS, dropping her from her 4th place. But I am so relieved she charged ahead fearlessly. Shouldn't have doubted our tiny queen indeed:agree:.

It's a great Olympic debut for Satton, considering the uncertainties, injuries that kept her off ice for almost 11 months. To be back jumping in October (i think?), facing ups and downs after returning to blazing her way to win her 4th consecutive national title and Olympic ticket and now placing a very respectable 4th is pretty impressive in my book. So happy to see her excitement after her FS. That rraction in itself is already a win.

Hope she can ride on this and not doubting herself to deliver another stunning programs at Worlds. Not easy considering she just finished with two personal bests at the biggest competition event (THE Olympic!! :clap:). Most importantly, take it easy and rest well.

On the upside, guess she will attend tye gala right? Yeaaah!!! I super adore her Aranjuez program :yahoo:

Congrats once again to Satton the tiny queen,:luv17:

P. S. Saw her clockwise jumps and seems quite decent. If she incorporate both direction jumps next season, will this earn extra points for her? Hopefully she can polish her clockwide jumps and maybe eventually master 3A (who knows? :agree:) to amp up her magnificent skills to be even more formidable tiny queen of figure skating :agree:

Lyyli

On the Ice
Congratulations adorable Satoko for both of your incredible performances! You did your best at the Olympics which is an amazing achievement. :thank:

I was dreaming of her to be on the podium together with Kaetlyn and Carolina because love polished, mature skating and interpretation of the music. I hope she is not too disappointed. At least she looked very happy after her performance. I believe he will keep improving. The jumps were already better now so she has been making progress and recovering totally from the injury.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
So so so proud of her! The best 4th placing program I've ever seen! To get a combined score of over 220 is no easy feat and I'm hoping that she'll keep going to 2022 :)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I am gutted that both Satoko and Kaetlyn couldn't be on the podium, for me definitely 2 best performances today...

Saying that, I'm saluting her strength, humble attitude and passion oozing from every step and turn she does on ice. True perseverance spirit and a fighter, if we put all things happened to her and huge break from competition into perspective. She produced a moment to remember and I hope she realized power of that achievement. I will be honoured to watch her SP in Milan (assuming she will go) - I wish that I'd be able to thank her, at least in two simple words, for what she brings to the sport, for keeping my interest in the discipline, for producing beauty to getting back to in harder times (I plan to prepare a pineapple-themed card for her with best wishes and list of things I love in her skating, hope I will be able to deliver it;))

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Congrats on the amazing FS, Satoko! It was one of (if not the) highlights of the competition. I was rooting for bronze but she has nothing to regret after the two performances she put out on the Olympic stage. :cheer:

Heero Yui

Rinkside
Thank you Satoko for giving us two wonderful performances. What you have shown is a testament of what you are - a skater who skates with passion coupled with zeal and artistry. Your 2018 Winter Olympics performances will always be remembered. :)

Fool

On the Ice
Country
South-Korea
Gutted with 4th, but sooo thrilled to see her perform beautifully (as always lbr) and be so happy with her results :luv17:
Mi reina Satoko will rise more in the future, I'm sure of that. Proud of her :hap85:

DiamondDust

Final Flight
I wanted her to be third but nonetheless for an exquisite performance I couldn't ask any more. Congratulations still to Satoko, her elegance and grace on ice for me is equal or next to Carolina.:clap:

thoakun

Final Flight
She's not named Miss Perfect for no reason. She has improved leaps and bounds, way beyond what I had expected of her, and IMHO she has redefined the somewhat narrow-minded conventional view of talent.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
WOW!! she was magnificant!! best of the night for me :love: (idc if you think i am biased :biggrin:) she got the name Tiny Queen for a reason and i am soo happy everyone from audience to commentators and fellow skaters embrace it :agree: as the lady commentator on eurosport said brilliant, briliant! and thats it :luv17: and quoting male commentator "look at the dictionary for the meaning of excellence and you will find the picture of Satoko" :love: she really keeps getting better and better, i will throw some pineapple plushies if someone says she isnt, the way she came back from many injuries and heartbreaks when everyone counted her off is just remarkable and deserves nothing but respect whether you like her not,
and how cute they were at K&C, Hamada's eyes were closed and Yamato didnt breathe while waiting her scores, and she got the bunny with her LP dress on it! :love: she also looked very happy and supportive at green room giving hearts and thumbs up to everyone :hap85: now the real question, do i wanna ready the ladies LP thread? can you give me a trailer :laugh: now onto to Gala, pleaseee can we see gala practice with Yuzu? :love:

AnCho

Rinkside
Thank you for the translated post ob Yuzu comment. Seems like he follows her update, at least to the extend that he knows her struggle and worries about URs. Very heartwarming since oftentimes I felt she keeps her worries to herself/her team, as she tries to keep positive in most of her interviews. In fact, very nice to see many positive comments about her Olympic debut :agree:
Have fun and relax for a bit Satton before you prepate for Worlds. Cannot wait to watch her Aranjuez:love: