Satoko Miyahara | Page 111 | Golden Skate

Satoko Miyahara

Danibellerika

Medalist
Hoping for a 2016 GPF Redux where Yuzu, Shoma, and Satton can show off their gold, silver, and bronze medals to the media. And like...not those stupid plastic coaster medals.

Danibellerika

Medalist
It looks like Satoko is up first. That might mean they'll be a little more conservative in marks but still I hope she has a great skate.

ioanna

Record Breaker
It looks like Satoko is up first. That might mean they'll be a little more conservative in marks but still I hope she has a great skate.

I'd rather her skate first than after Carolina / Kaetlyn who make her skating look small (see what happened in the team event), or after Evgenia / Alina having to hear the roars of the crowd. I think she got a good draw for the free.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Olympics: Personal best score gives Miyahara reason to be cheerful
https://english.kyodonews.net/pyeon...ore-gives-miyahara-reason-to-be-cheerful.html

"I've finally scored 75 points," said Miyahara, whose previous best was 74.64. "I was waiting for the score to come up thinking 'come on, please be 75 or above.'"

"Obviously, I would be very happy if I get a medal but I am not thinking about that," said Miyahara. "What is more important to me is to show in my performance how hard I have been working."

Skating to the soundtrack from Memoirs of a Geisha, Miyahara nailed a triple lutz-triple toeloop and also cleanly landed a triple loop and a double axel.

"I was nervous right until the end of the skate and I am relieved that I got through it without making any big mistakes," said the 2015 world silver medalist.

https://english.kyodonews.net/pyeon...oics-electrify-sakamoto-for-womens-event.html

"My salchow has been sometimes good and sometimes not so good, but it has been better since coming here and it is just a case of jumping well in the competition. I have done what I have to do and it is a case of now or never."

Everyone pray for her salchow... :slink:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
finally had a chance to post here after catching up with performances and ladies SP thread!! when i saw her score on twitter i was sooo happy then i saw other's PCS and i was like "where is her candy?" (one might argue that uncalled UR is her candy :slink: her 3-3 looked better here so i kinda disagree), it is what it is, i am just so proud of her and how far she has come, its incredible to have the kind of mentality and strength she has after tough times
i noticed something about Yamato, he is actually very nervous while waiting for her score and deep relief after that, noticed this at 2016 GPF too, he couldnt breathe out until seeing her total score :laugh:
now onto LP, i am praying for her 3S too :dbana: she used same entry last season too, i wonder whats the reason :think: Yuzuru got rid of his 4S demons so hopefully she will too! speaking of Yuzuru, any comments from him regarding Satoko's SP? :popcorn:

Kiarararara

Rinkside
Prayer circle for her 3S. May Seimei (she went there before) and every kami-sama in Kyoto can help her eat the demon one more time. I love Satton’s programs, she has tried really hard but alas to win medals she will need luck.

ioanna

Record Breaker
In her last practice she could jump several 3S outside of the runthrough but in the runthrough it was 3S<< fall :palmf: I want her to finish these Olympics with a happy smile on her face and if she misses the 3S she will probably be very unhappy like at 4CC. I know she wants a Nationals-like FS and we all want that for her. Praying very hard for that to happen :pray:

stormblade

Rinkside
To think most of us did not dare hope she even had a chance at an Olympic spot, well here she is today, going into the free after having skated a personal best in the short. It is something to be celebrated. Her chance at bronze is perhaps the smallest out of the bronze contenders, but it is still a chance. And we've had some pleasant surprises in the podium finishes for the other events so I don't see why the universe can't pull another one for us here.

Good luck Satoko!

sakurano

Final Flight
Good score of our tiny teen pity that it is still stolen about his PCS but for me it has no value, if it makes a good performance tonight it can stay fourth see 3 rd but the main thing is that she's having fun, by the way she's so good humor XD

GGFan

Record Breaker
It's about the performances for me and she killed it!! We weren't sure she was going to come back on time, much less win nationals, much less end up 4th at the Olympics. No complaints here :hap93:

iorii

On the Ice
Sooooo close! But she was satisfied with her skate, she looked happy, it was enough. I'm happy for her!! Congratulations for finishing Olympic, Satton! Great job!

Does anyone have the video of Satton's FS? My stream got cut right during Satton's turn :(

geige

On the Ice
A reminder that Satoko lost to Osmond on COMPONENTS. There was about a 1.5 point difference on TES and 4 POINTS on PCS. Absolutely absurd, and a very depressing time for figure skating scoring.

Otherwise, this was THE moment of the Olympics, and I hope Queen Satoko never doubts herself again.