Sergei Voronov | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Sergei Voronov

Alba

Record Breaker
Sergei is working with David Wilson in Toronto

https://instagram.com/p/44zC6hvjqD/

Don't know how that will be...hopefully good. :yes: I'm kind of glad it's him and not Jeffrey Buttle, just because Jeff seems to be working with everyone under the sun now, and I think David's programs tend to be more to my particular taste (he can be hit or miss, but that's true for all of them).

The link doesn't work for me. Is it a private account?
I'm very happy for Sergei. :cheer:

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
Yes, Sergei's account is private. Here is that post - s010.radikal.ru/i312/1507/4d/96216f1fa4ef.jpg

Thank you so much. I'm really happy for him. I'm not a fan of David Wilson but I agree with gallavich, Black Betty was a great program and I'll be thrilled if he does something similar for Sergei. :rock:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
So he posted a couple pics with Jeffrey Buttle, so I assume he is doing at least one of the programs. I'm less enthused about that than I am about David...not that Jeff is a bad choreographer, but I don't really like his taste in music. Just have to wait to see what it is, I suppose. (If it's Ed Sheeran or something like that, I will be :disapp:)

Sergei also has a new fan page on VK, I guess the admins didn't keep up with the old one. I will add the link to the OP.

https://vk.com/club97791571

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
So he posted a couple pics with Jeffrey Buttle, so I assume he is doing at least one of the programs. I'm less enthused about that than I am about David...not that Jeff is a bad choreographer, but I don't really like his taste in music. Just have to wait to see what it is, I suppose. (If it's Ed Sheeran or something like that, I will be :disapp:)

Sergei also has a new fan page on VK, I guess the admins didn't keep up with the old one. I will add the link to the OP.

https://vk.com/club97791571

Well, if it were to be this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzD12qo1knM

I wouldn't mind ;) (this is my men's competition mood music, anyway;)) - but I suppose it wouldn't be. (Apart from that I don't know any of Ed Sheeran's music.)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Well, if it were to be this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzD12qo1knM

I wouldn't mind ;) (this is my men's competition mood music, anyway;)) - but I suppose it wouldn't be. (Apart from that I don't know any of Ed Sheeran's music.)

That song isn't bad. I admit I haven't heard much of his music, either, but I don't usually go in for the earnest singer-songwriter stuff. Maybe Jeff has something totally different planned for Sergei, though. Perhaps there will be an interview coming soon...

LRK

Record Breaker
OT - It sort of grew on me; I think it was after my second of watch of Desolation of Smaug, I think, that I actually noticed it, and then it was more... "hm, that isn't that bad, actually... ?" than any kind of... instant infatuation, so to speak. As I said, I use it as a mood music for the men's competition - I suppose I sort of expect things to go to heck in a handbasket, but this gives it a sort of epic feel to it;) - Maybe? Who knows, really? It would be funny if this were to break the Middle Earth music drought - but I don't expect it to happen. Though I do think i would suit Sergei, as hamaguri says.

Anyway - whether David Wilson or Jeffrey are choreographing his programs, I hope they give him some music with strength to it - not something too... plaintive, if you know what I mean? Tragic, fine - mopey, not. Oh, I don't think I'm expressing myself very well - but I suppose it matters not. I hope we find out soon, though. :)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
OT - It sort of grew on me; I think it was after my second of watch of Desolation of Smaug, I think, that I actually noticed it, and then it was more... "hm, that isn't that bad, actually... ?" than any kind of... instant infatuation, so to speak. As I said, I use it as a mood music for the men's competition - I suppose I sort of expect things to go to heck in a handbasket, but this gives it a sort of epic feel to it;) - Maybe? Who knows, really? It would be funny if this were to break the Middle Earth music drought - but I don't expect it to happen. Though I do think i would suit Sergei, as hamaguri says.

Anyway - whether David Wilson or Jeffrey are choreographing his programs, I hope they give him some music with strength to it - not something too... plaintive, if you know what I mean? Tragic, fine - mopey, not. Oh, I don't think I'm expressing myself very well - but I suppose it matters not. I hope we find out soon, though. :)

I agree with you! I don't want Vornov to do much face-touching and Distance reaching. (so many people do that.)
He's more of a hip-thrusting, arm-waving kind of guy. :biggrin:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I had a feeling a new interview would come out shortly after Adian's...unfortunately, he isn't going to tell us his music, the tease! Just some rather unhelpful clues:

http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/22246.html

Sergei Voronov new program I put Jeffrey Buttle, not David Wilson
25.07.2015 15:02:01 | Figure skating | News

Two-time Russian champion and two-time European medalist in figure skating Sergei Voronov came back from Canada, where he staged program for the new season. On the new productions of Sergei Voronov told the special correspondent of the portal TEAM RUSSIA-2016 Natalia Plekhanov.

- I recently posted a picture with Instagram David Wilson - said Sergei Voronov. - Then there was the false information that the program for the new season I put it was he. But it is not so: was director Jeffrey Buttle. A picture story with David is, he works on the same rink where I went, we had accidentally crossed communicated. Then came the girl who wanted to be photographed with him, and I thought, why should I take a picture with him (laughs). I just wrote that he was a great choreographer, but immediately went to speculation.

- Why did you choose director is Jeffrey Buttle?
- Put the program Geoffrey - my desire. I always liked him as a skater - his style, his smooth skating. Yes, Jeffrey did a quad, but otherwise was an outstanding skater, she has always stood out for its individuality.

- How was the process of staging?
- I really enjoyed working with Battle because he a creative person. Honestly, I first encountered this approach to work. And very grateful to Jeffrey that he found time to work with me. Now he is - one of the most sought-after choreographers not only in Canada, leading to him coming skaters from around the world. It's great that we managed to cooperate. We worked only on the ice - somewhere for three hours a day. But it happened, I went to the additional training, carried elements, when he put the program to other skaters.

- You have to wait for new programs?
- My coach Eteri G. Tutberidze calling Jeffrey said, waiting on you that you have changed a little Voronov privnesёsh something new. Of course, now expect from the new me, because Jeffrey did his job (laughs). I want to change every season and the upcoming season - is no exception. While new programs rolled into me hard, because everything is new, and I did not clean up, I try to ride exactly how to put Jeffrey. I filmed, Geoffrey rolls my program, often in the evenings I look through to understand what to strive for. For the short program, we took the famous contemporary music group - chose a song with words. Maybe I appear somewhat romantic image. It will need to see (laughs). For any program also selected the popular song - soundtrack, under which many riding. The performances received different in mood: one I aspire forward as if fate gives me one last chance, and any present nostalgia - memories envelop me. I really like the song to the short program, arbitrary in terms of image transfer is given heavier. Directly songs programs until I leave in secret - to keep the intrigue (smiles). When we were looking for music, it had a lot of options, but Jeffrey was able to convince me that it is worth to try these. A new experience - it's always kind of a gamble.

- How quadruple jump you plan to do in their programs?
- In the short program I have a quadruple toe loop in an arbitrary I strive to fulfill two sheepskins in four turns. In the short program, we have also included a triple Lutz, now I'm working on it actively. The technical elements necessary to show, in fact, not to talk about them.

- What are the goals and objectives set for yourself this season?
- My main goal - to ride for pleasure, and the task - to try to save themselves at the highest level and improve.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
another Buttle program?! its gonna be battle of buttles :cheer: :biggrin: i am rooting for him for next season, go Sergei :rock:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
I was very surprised about Jeff! From his interview, I know how Sergei appreciates Jeff. Now I’m looking forward to seeing their creation. I hope information about music will come soon! :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Forget about the music for now!

What is the Russian translated as 'two sheepskins in four turns" really supposed to be? I am guessing 2 quad elements???