Sergei Voronov | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Sergei Voronov

LRK

Record Breaker
Maybe he will partecipate in some early B competition therefore decided to present the programs now?

That makes sense. And/or he wanted some feedback before the open test skates?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wow, he has fewer songs in two programs then he did in his FS last year! :biggrin:

I kid. I am looking forward to see what he does with Buttle choreo!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
:laugh: I guessed it might be Muse when he said it was a contemporary group. Choreographers only seem to know 4-5 rock bands (Muse, Pink Floyd, Queen, Beatles...and once in a very rare blue moon, something else like AC/DC or Metallica).

It sounds like he will still be going to the regular open test skates? I hope someone can provide a decent translation of the interview.

Alba

Record Breaker
Love these choices. I don't care much about the Muse but this song is spot on for him and it has a great beat.
Rock me Sergei!!!:rock::rock::rock:

LRK

Record Breaker
:laugh: I guessed it might be Muse when he said it was a contemporary group. Choreographers only seem to know 4-5 rock bands (Muse, Pink Floyd, Queen, Beatles...and once in a very rare blue moon, something else like AC/DC or Metallica).

It sounds like he will still be going to the regular open test skates? I hope someone can provide a decent translation of the interview.

And I'd probably prefer any of those... I'm not familiar with the chosen song, but I haven't liked any Muse I've ever heard - and the singing.... Well, cannot be helped...

Alba

Record Breaker
Pink Floyd, my favorite band and IMO the best of all times, have been rarely used and one song only. If I'm not mistaken.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
And I'd probably prefer any of those... I'm not familiar with the chosen song, but I haven't liked any Muse I've ever heard - and the singing.... Well, cannot be helped...

The singing is the worst part for me. :slink: But I am at least glad that they aren't using the dreaded "Exogenesis Symphony." I think I can tolerate this one. And hopefully the skating will be interesting enough that the music isn't a big distraction.

Pink Floyd, my favorite band and IMO the best of all times, have been rarely used and one song only. If I'm not mistaken.

I agree, of the ones I listed I'd be happiest with Pink Floyd. I think Sergei could do a good job with their music, too. Ashley skated to "Shine On You Crazy Diamond," Virtue/Moir did "Great Gig in the Sky/Money," as did Antipova/Maisuradze, Alexander Majorov skated "Great Gig in the Sky" as well. And there's an entire genre of prog rock similar to PF that hasn't really been explored for skating at all.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
The singing is the worst part for me. :slink: But I am at least glad that they aren't using the dreaded "Exogenesis Symphony." I think I can tolerate this one. And hopefully the skating will be interesting enough that the music isn't a big distraction.

I agree, of the ones I listed I'd be happiest with Pink Floyd. I think Sergei could do a good job with their music, too. Ashley skated to "Shine On You Crazy Diamond," Virtue/Moir did "Great Gig in the Sky/Money," as did Antipova/Maisuradze, Alexander Majorov skated "Great Gig in the Sky" as well. And there's an entire genre of prog rock similar to PF that hasn't really been explored for skating at all.

Oh, well. I like Muse. :shrug: So I'm okay. :laugh: :slink:

Papadakis & Cizeron skated to Money and Hey You from Pink Floyd.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Niiice...:biggrin: I guess we are in for a fun week! I wonder if the skaters have their costumes already...I'm so curious about what he will wear.

LRK

Record Breaker
Niiice...:biggrin: I guess we are in for a fun week! I wonder if the skaters have their costumes already...I'm so curious about what he will wear.

Based off my recollection of last year, I'm guessing that some might, but most won't.

LRK

Record Breaker
Hey, last year was his best dressed year! :p

So... are you saying you think he will have his costume by now - or that he won't as he will need time to top himself?;) Also, remember the shredded shirt? Let's hope he sticks to pleather.;)

adelia

Record Breaker
So... are you saying you think he will have his costume by now - or that he won't as he will need time to top himself?;) Also, remember the shredded shirt? Let's hope he sticks to pleather.;)
I think he has his costume by now or at the very least the design has been decided upon. Shredded or pleather, either would be better than black lace. lol

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Shredded pleather works for me...but probably not for "Once Upon A Time In America." ;) For Muse, yes.