Sergei Voronov | Page 27 | Golden Skate

Sergei Voronov

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Not sure what happened to his quad...but overall, he skated very well. And much better than Nationals, at least. I think he should be satisfied with the result and hopefully, still wants to continue on.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Sometimes I wonder whether he's under additional pressure when he skates at home, knowing that the Fed would love to get rid of him. In international comps, he always seems to be so much more liberated, cause he knows he has so many fans and supporters abroad. C'mon Sergei, we're with you! :cheer2:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Sometimes I wonder whether he's under additional pressure when he skates at home, knowing that the Fed would love to get rid of him. In international comps, he always seems to be so much more liberated, cause he knows he has so many fans and supporters abroad. C'mon Sergei, we're with you! :cheer2:

This is a pretty good theory, actually. Ever since they gave the title to Max at the 2015 Nationals when it arguably should have been Sergei's, it's been kind of clear that they favor the younger men whenever possible. I's a little heartening got the highest PCS here, but I still think it should have been a couple points over Samarin at least.

Catlau

On the Ice

Yes, you are perfectly right. :agree:
The Russian fed wants to get rid of any skater that is more than 24 years old since 2006 or maybe before. Konstantin Menshov was in disgrace firstly because of his age. And now that he has retired, Sergei is unfortunately in first line.

Samarin still looks so rough to me.

I's a little heartening got the highest PCS here, but I still think it should have been a couple points over Samarin at least.

I discovered Samarin at the last Europeans. An he looks so rough to me too...
I do agree : it is very surprising that Samarin had quite the same PCS than Sergei.
But, well, you know, after what happened at the last Europeans :mad:, we can't be completely surprised...

Catlau

On the Ice
No official news from Courchevel. :rolleye:

A new article : http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20170504/1119979286.html
As far as I could understand from Google trad :
Sergei is preparing the olympic season, not trying to do same things as Kolyada or Kovtun. He is still training with Inna Goncharova, but he will soon work out a program with someone he relies on, not telling who is this person.
And as he had pretty good results at grand prix last season, he hopes to be assessed (at least ?) to one grand prix next season.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
He's been in Switzerland for the past week or so, according to his Instagram. I guess he's doing some coaching there? He was also in Vladivostock for a master class recently. Hope he has enough time to get in shape for next season and can at least put up a good fight for an Oly spot, no matter how unlikely his chances.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I hope Misha can do the LP also. I actually liked Morozov's programs for him last season, but he's just so hit or miss, and it's good for Sergei to try something new, I think.

snd

On the Ice
i hope he gets a medal (euros ofc not worlds). he has it in him. those first jumps were beautiful. the first half of his lp - beautiful. while not busy, it's not empty.