Sergei Voronov | Page 28 | Golden Skate

Sergei Voronov

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I would rearrange some things in the FS to better match the climax of the music, but overall, I think the programs have good potential, especially if Misha keeps working with him. Every season people act like he is a non-factor, but at least he landed most of his jumps and is pretty dependable most of the time. Kovtun is a question mark after missing so much training, Mikhail and Dima are ambitious but inconsistent, Samarin & Petrov are looking pretty juniorish still. I would never count Sergei out.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I would rearrange some things in the FS to better match the climax of the music, but overall, I think the programs have good potential, especially if Misha keeps working with him. Every season people act like he is a non-factor, but at least he landed most of his jumps and is pretty dependable most of the time. Kovtun is a question mark after missing so much training, Mikhail and Dima are ambitious but inconsistent, Samarin & Petrov are looking pretty juniorish still. I would never count Sergei out.

I couldn't agree more. It really winds me up big time how he is so blatantly ignored by the Fed, commentators and even some who thankfully put videos on YouTube. :scowl:
I enjoyed both his programmes, especially the FS. I think (and hope) Sergei and Misha are a match made in heaven. Gutted he wasn't picked for Finlandia. :frown:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It took me a clicking back a few pages to find Sergei's fan fest, but excellent news!

He came second at Nepela! :yahoo: Goooo Sergei!

Here's his SP which he came 1st in :points: - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc9rLR-SOIg

And the FS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q837cISxIyI

Both links are courtsey of Mao88 at the Nepela thread, thanks Mao88!

I wish there was some way to get the Russian Fed to give Sergei the respect he deserves! I'd love to see him at the Olympics!

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Not only its Boyang's Bday but also Serezha's!

Happy Bday our veteran!! he never gives up & will serve as a great example & mentor to the young skaters!:luv17::hb::hb:

LadyB

Record Breaker
Hope he had a great day!!! I was quietly hoping he'd replace Max at Finlandia.... :)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Happy 30th! I guess he is officially the oldest guy in the Russian team after K/S's retirement - and still going strong! :rock:

ewdokia

On the Ice
Here is a link to the free program:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=AbgSlEo7SME

Unfortunately the last half minute is missing and according to the protocols there should have been a fall (not on an element though). But I still think he did great. Way to go Sergei! I so much hope he'll qualify for the Olympic team. :)

By the way does anyone remember that stupid interview of Eteri last May when she stated that Sergei left her basically because not getting around with Adian? Well, complete nonsens of course. :dev2: Sergei is probably one of the nicest persons in the whole circuit. So knowing it's not true I approached him at Nepala trophy to write something in Adian's farewell book. Sergei immediately agreed and his words were so nice and warm-hearted that I even got teary when reading afterwards. :drama: Here is a picture of him signing the book: https://vk.com/adyan_pitkeev?z=photo-58643094_456239047/wall-58643094_2026

Great skater, great character! :rock:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
He not only won, but that's quite a good score for him, even with some minor issues. And shows that he is steadily improving, and consistent. He would have won bronze in Canada. ;) It will be tough at NHK, but he's done it before.

I'm definitely not surprised that he is a nice guy or that he had a good relationship with Adian. I think Eteri exaggerated some things and left out other things that would not have painted her in a good light. Oh well...water under the bridge.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I missed out on watching yesterday, but this is awesome news! So excited for Sergei and fingers and toes crossed for the Free Skate.

Go, Sergei, show 'em who's boss! :cheer:

The Finn

Record Breaker
WOW!! He won, I can't believe it. His first ever GP victory - at the age of 30!! And his score was a HUGE PB. That was amazing.