Shae-Lynn Bourne - to Skate Singles | Golden Skate

Shae-Lynn Bourne - to Skate Singles

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I was just watching my tape of the Canadians - the ice dance portion and Tracy Wilson announced that Shae-Lynn now on her own will continue to skate as a singles skater professionally! Tracy said that Shae-Lynn is a fine free skater. It will interesting to see her. I hope she tours with SOI. Cool!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
well... if Katia Gordeeva can make a real comeback as a singles skater, I'll bet they'll be no stopping Shae....

I'm gonna really miss Victor :(

Good luck, Shae! She certainly lights up an arena--at least she did with Vic. I wish her the best!

But really, what choice did she have? Find a new partner after being with Vic for 11-12 years or chuck it all? Be your own woman, Shae!
Rgirl

Lcp88

On the Ice
She skated pairs for a really long time, so she probably still has some jumping ability. Should be fun to see!
Laura

IDLERACER

Medalist
[COLOR=8000FF]She's going to thrive as a solo act. On Kurt Browning's "Gotta Skate" TV special, she stole the whole show.[/COLOR]

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
IDLERACER:

I saw some of the show. Yes, Shae-Lynn can do anything!!!!

icenut84

Final Flight
Why does she need to jump? I don't think she does. As an ice dancer, she has the edges, footwork, and showmanship (plus everything else) to be a great pro. If you think about it, Kurt B's seemingly most popular performance, or one of them at least, was Nyah, a programme with no jumps in it but some amazing footwork and great interpretation. Shae would be great at something like that. Would be very interesting to see - I hope I get a chance to see her skating solo on TV.

ITA, will miss Vic though :(

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I agree, she doesn't have to jump........edging, spins, and musicality are what I love to watch the best, not so much the jumps...........Hey, I like that idea of teaming up with Peter T.....42

VGL

Rinkside
Shae had some doubles when she was skating pairs but she hasn't jumped since she switched to dance.

heyang

Record Breaker
If she does routines with great footwork and spins, she'll be fine.

I was thinking about Renee Roca in last year's (2002) Brian Boitano's Skating Spectacular (the one with all the Carmen Miranda costumes, Mr Debonair, tribute to Ice Follies). She skated alone in one routine. The choreography was kinda bland - mostly a lot of skating around (great speed), but lacking in really interesting footwork. She's a great skater, too, but I didn't particularly enjoy this routine. Shae's gotta avoid the 'simple' stuff.

Bijoux

Match Penalty
Why the split?

I think SOI would be great for them. Why does Vic want to stop skating with SL? I think they are the best ice dancers in the world. I have no idea why they are splitting? Such a waste!

And what will Vic do next?

Last edited:

brenlynn

On the Ice
i believe victor said the split had a lot to do with the attitude towards training once they turned pro. you don't give as much effort into practicing when you're pro as when you're still eligible. and he said he didn't really see the point in doing it anymore unless you were to give it your all. or something along those lines.

at press time with all the split news, victor had no real plans of what he was going to do now. i assume he'll just sort of fade away, he is getting married this summer :confused: i think. to a former finnish ice dancer, makki utolia (sp?)

windspirit

On the Ice
I didn't know she was a pair skater before. Maybe she should try skating with Morozov. I'm sure there are many people who would be interested in seeing that.