Shoma Uno | Page 1092 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am totally gutted. All 3 of his GP events in Asia. Ugly crying into my pillow.

Last edited:

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am totally gutted. All 3 of his GP events in Asia. Ugly crying into my pillow.

:ghug::ghug::ghug:
We'll see Shoma again someday, I'm sure of it...I recall reading somewhere that Shoma said he could sense the cheers of his fans from all around the world...and I sincerely believe this to be true. Let's be sure to cheer as much as we can for him in front of our screens! (Although I have to admit, I couldn't resist Googling the prices of flights to China...😂)

Edit: I'm sure Shoma and his team chose China for a reason. Let's trust in them and hope it all works out for the best...

Last edited:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^Same. I had already started looking into hotels, city map of Angers, trains from Paris to Angers, etc. No ill wished on anyone else, but China has cancelled some events in the past. If that should happen, it almost seems that a country in Europe would have to take over. Just brainstorming, but wondering about Italy, England, Estonia, Poland...Well, we'll see what happens. Glad I have my Worlds tickets, and now I will hope fervently that he will be there!

I saw his travel schedule posted on Twitter, and that will definitely be the easiest he has ever had! After all, he is old man Sho now. LOL. He'll be plenty busy though with shows and One Piece on Ice.

Attachments

• Shotravel.jpg
    Shotravel.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

rabidline

Final Flight
I expected the later assignments but wow, the China assignment is a bit shocking. It's Shoma's first time, so hopefully it's a lucky first? I definitely am not praying for any cancellation since it will be a big burden to all involved. And anyway, the last time he was in China he did 2 clean / almost clean SP with 4T3T so! That's a good sign. It's always too early to think about GPF and Worlds for me, I don't know how people do it.

Anyway, he's had his years of going to Europe and then other years going to North America. It's good that he now has chances to schedule his season when he can, since as World Champion his preferences are more taken into account.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I booked my Worlds hotel in May. I ALWAYS think early about events I'm going to. The more reasonable rooms are the first to go. Case in point: friends of mine paid double what I paid for my room at Sk Amer 2019. I just cancelled my room in Vancouver. Booked that in May too....He'll do fine in China. Let's just say I hope the audience is kind to him.

rabidline

Final Flight
Always so happy to see him! Now if we could just get a few teeny, tiny snippets of skating! (Please Sho!) :ghug: :console: :biggrin:

Some interesting tidbits about Shoma that came from his appearance at this local TV show, "Catch!" since he commented on recent news:

- Switzerland is more quiet and peaceful than Japan.

- Apparently Itsuki (Shoma's brother) was quite good at Shogi (Japanese board game) when he was young and he went to local Shogi club in Nagoya and had a match with Sota Fujii, now a 7-crown holder in Shogi. Sota beat Itsuki because he was so talented since when he was young. Shoma is really impressed and amazed to see Sota Fujii who he used to know as a kid from nearby in Nagoya has become so successful.

- On people who collect things: Shoma doesn't collect anything, but he's envious when he sees people who are so into something.

- Shoma's favorite Coco Ichibanya curry topping is Cream Croquette (not sure if it's the Salmon or Crab one but it's definitely a sweet one, and he said something about 200gr topping being just right if I read it correctly).

- Shoma saw videos of his favorite yakiniku place (Yakiniku Rion) during the broadcast and said he wants to go there today after the filming (he was filming the show live), to the other presenters' surprise. (To be fair he's very close to this restaurant, I'm pretty sure they have closed multiple times when he wants to eat alone or with family there).

- (When asked if he goes out for lunch with friends) For lunch, Shoma usually grab his meal and go. It's usually dinner where he has a more proper meal (sitting down with family and/or friends).

rabidline

Final Flight
Because today (June 30) is the end of the figure skating season in Japan, I just want to congratulate Shoma for an excellent and undefeated 2022-2023 season. Honestly I remember when I first knew of him and what he has achieved now seems so unthinkable, back then. Wishing him a healthy and happy next season!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Interesting to read his comments from the concert. There is always that tension with wanting to win and yet not giving up on the artistry. Given all the. constraints, rules, etc.I still feel he has done a masterful job of trying to balance the two. Can't wait to see what he has in store for us next season!!!

Shoma Uno (Toyota Motor), who won the world championship for the second time in a row in figure skating men, attended the awards ceremony for the 2010 JOC Sports Award and Special Honor Award in Tokyo on the 30th. While summing up last season as "a wonderful season as a result," he looked forward, saying, "I want to work hard for new growth."

The International Skating Union (ISU) announced on the 28th the players who will participate in each Grand Prix (GP) series competition for the 23-24 season. He has entered the Sen NHK Trophy (November 24-26). He expressed his ambition, saying, "In the future, I want to do my best to express the skating that I dreamed of since I was little, rather than skating that aims for results."

On this day, they also attended the "JOC Olympic Concert" held at the same time, and spent a moment looking back on the famous scenes of the Olympics with an orchestral performance. Regarding the relationship between figure skating and music, he once said, "You are free to use any kind of music, so in a good way, I think that music that doesn't look like skating is one of the charms of figure skating

Adding:

Last edited:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shoma answering questions on Instagram live?? What the heck was that all about? LOL.. MORE THAN 2 PROGRAMS AT THE ICE???!!! :bang: Ok, maybe they;re not new? One can hope, right?!

(If you open up the replies, there's more info.--appreciate the translations so much)

Last edited:

yuumagical

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, doesn't mean new programs, right? (can't read the screenshots ofc)
So perhaps a bit of GreSpi or Padam, padam?
Well, he could have gotten more choreo from Shae-Lynn...he did say that he was getting multiple programs from her. 🤔 I'd say an new program would be just as likely as an extra old program at this point in time...

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, he could have gotten more choreo from Shae-Lynn...he did say that he was getting multiple programs from her. 🤔 I'd say an new program would be just as likely as an extra old program at this point in time...
My recollection is that he always debuts something new at The Ice. It sounded like he was getting multiple programs but hadn't decided which would officially be his SP. I don't know, he just likes to make us crazy! :bang: :console: Maybe he'll have a new and an old program. At this point, I'm so starved for his skating, I'll take anything!!!!!

yuumagical

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My recollection is that he always debuts something new at The Ice. It sounded like he was getting multiple programs but hadn't decided which would officially be his SP. I don't know, he just likes to make us crazy! :bang: :console: Maybe he'll have a new and an old program. At this point, I'm so starved for his skating, I'll take anything!!!!!
If there's anything we can expect from our sweet little Shoma, it is to expect the unexpected... lol 😆