Shoma Uno | Page 558 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

biryanione

On the Ice
Greetings from New Zealand. I am no Doctor (shoutout to Dr H) but I am fairly certain a pandemic ought to be declared. My experience seems to follow the familiar pattern of exposure to a loved one's favorite, Yuzuru Hanyu (more power to him - awesome skater!), only to be immediately ensnared by the curious skating magic of his compatriot Shoma Uno. This occurred during Olympics 2018 and I have since been waiting for symptoms to subside. I recollect watching World Champs being a particularly painful time. Having read here of others' experiences, I see now that I may as well give up any hope of recovery. It seems that I am Shoomed. Alternatively, well and truly sucked into Shoma's swamp.

I stumbled across this fanfest months ago, and it has become my almost daily pleasure to come and share in the positive & supportive atmosphere y'all have created here for Shomajesty's loyal subjects. Thank you all for helping me survive my first off-season. Reading about Arriba's recent Sho-watching adventures at Glacier (thanks for sharing!) was a particular treat. And it was jerrymouse's question about folks' favourite programs, a good few pages back now, that convinced this shy kiwi bird to venture out from the undergrowth and create an account (props here to the adminfolk for sorting out my bumblings).

That said, I was compelled to spend much time reviewing, trying to establish a definite favourite (no easy task) from the list of usual suspects. Absolutely LOVE Blessed Spirits and Legends - so much energy, so masterfully channeled. Also a big fan of La Vie en Rose and This Town - such fluidity, appearing almost effortless. But I have to admit, it is Loco that must claim my numero Uno spot. When I first saw this program I was VERY unsure about the music. I have since found that Piazolla's challenging music, Mihoko's fitting choreography, Satomi's delightful costume and Shoma's powerful skating combined beautifully to create this program so sublime it now stirs my heart every time. Also, Cantilever Heaven!

I just wanted to introduce myself, and now I have blathered too much. This is all Shoma's fault.

I enjoyed reading your post so much, you do not know! Yes it is Shoma’s fault! What you describe of your experience is very much shared here, I believe, including the programs that left an impression and became favorites.

Postings range from very serious earnest appreciations of the skill, power, and eloquence of this incredible skater, to pure imaginations of him personally and what he is thinking!

…And, as I recall, there’s one more element of a fan’s life. Our struggles…
As fans I can laugh sometimes of the difficulities we impose upon ourselves! (For Shoma’s free at Lombardia, I will be struggling…well hopefully not…at an airport pulling out the laptop in the lounge and praying for stream to work! …There have been occasions when I have begged for the help of the catering employee to fix my connection) (And it was my son that informed me that stream is impossible with on flight connections…)
I have read others struggle to sneak a peak at their work. And of course planning when going to a live competition can be enormous work though it is without question always worth it.

We are able to “talk” a lot or recede into listening mode while at busy times in one’s own life; just like in real spoken conversation. All is allowed! But I believe it will always be a treat to read and hear from you!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Another lucky soul gets her photo with the Prince! Looking good! She has a cool figure skating t-shirt too! biggrin:

gftn

On the Ice
Welcome MaeSu, so glad there’s another shoma fan from the land down under!

And Shomaaaaa finally! I was starting to wonder why no one has posted a pic with him and then he appears!

Omg omg I’m so excited for Lombardia! Go Shoma!

Grap74

On the Ice
Welcome to Shomaland MaeSu! Brace yourself, it's going to be an exciting season and maybe our shomaholism will increase even more these next months! Loved your post, I wish I had your eloquence and writing ability.

Thanks for the pictures, Shoma looks happy!

Go Shoma! Wishing you a wonderful season!

asyuraniel

Rinkside
I just realised that Lambordia Trophy Men short program start at 1am my timezone... :hopelessness: I want to see the livestream... :ddevil: definitely for Shoma short program that promises all the sexinesss

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^Ah the perils of being a member of Shomajesty's fan club! Too many competitions in the middle of the night. You need to buy some of his Red Bull to stay awake! Good luck!

Imov

Medalist
This is it, I am so excited for shomita.
Please rest well for tomorrow and get rid of the jet lag.

gacchan

On the Ice
I just realised that Lambordia Trophy Men short program start at 1am my timezone... :hopelessness: I want to see the livestream... :ddevil: definitely for Shoma short program that promises all the sexinesss

Don't give up! SP programme shall be 0030-0230 for my timezone :) But it seems that I can stay awake till the end of SP. If it's too hard for you, you may get red bull as arriba suggested, or try my "crazy" method of go to bed at 2100-2200 ish (the earlier the better ofc) then get up at 0100 (or 0200 if you don't need to watch the whole SP program). Trust me, with strong will of watching Shoma, you can get up! (I used this method to get up at midnight to study for exam or write essay, strong will DOES matter)

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I had jet lag most of last season, I think! :bed: :yawn: If I'm reading the schedule right, according to Shoma's body clock (which still has to be on Japan time!), the SP is at 1:30 am and the FS is at 8 pm...Imagine Fluffy -- she has Mako and Yura there for the ladies too. She will be busy. Wish she had the good luck pink coat with her.

Imov

Medalist
I just checked Italy's time difference with me, it will be during working hours :sad46:
Anyway looks like I really need to depend on my twitter feeds. :palmf:

Insos

Rinkside
well been long time not post here. according to arriba I'm in Shoma's body o'clock zone, not in japan tho just same time zone. So yeah Shomita i feel u 😂
for new fans this my first experience watching it live very exciting, the sp time *sighs* but for LP is very doable, so wish me luck that i can hold my eyes open for his SP!

Aglae

On the Ice
Welcome MaeSU :) Great first post !! Post long and often :)

^^^Ah the perils of being a member of Shomajesty's fan club! Too many competitions in the middle of the night. You need to buy some of his Red Bull to stay awake! Good luck!

Nessun dorma :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

MaeSU

Rinkside
Thank you, everyone, for the super-warm welcome. I find myself grateful to be amongst friends/fellow patients here in this Shospital. It is a privilege to read that my words resonated with so many of our beloved Shoma's fans. Perhaps I can come near to putting into words the magic that happens when the team's hard work comes together and Shoma takes to the ice. Or perhaps your kind words have gone to my head.

I have specificallly tried to keep from watching too much of Stairway to Heaven and Moonlight Sonata, so I can fully appreciate the competition-ready programs (soon, so very soon!). I have not managed to be so strong with Great Spirit and must already add it to my list of favorites.

I must also say, I love the varied (and the Shoma-centric) content y'all create here. Totally with you all in appreciating the recent quality Shoma content. Collab synchro perfection, anyone? And a special thank-you to Latremu for bringing about my education on the drowned continent I can call home. Zealandia represent!

Roll on, Lombardia!
Ganbatte, Shoma!
Happy competition days, Everyone! (or nights, as the case may be for some).