Shoma Uno | Page 706 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

sheetz

Record Breaker
You know, if the whole Eteri thing doesn't work out it just occurred to me that Vincent is no longer with TomZ. With rumors that TomZ may be moving to Toyota Center in El Segundo, CA, which is located right next door to a very large Japanese community...it kinda gets you thinking.

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
I know that, which is why I need a picture of it XD It'd be a super rare moment if Masaru did get to meet Shoma up close, which is why it must be captured XDDD

Also your comment of Masaru needing to look like kobe beef in order get Shoma to get close to her immediately reminded me of this :laugh: (disclaimer in advance: this is from the crackball comedy anime Excel Saga which is full of nonsensical things and must not be taken seriously nor be equated to anyone IRL): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeTwylYtG5Q

we need to mount a GoPro camera on Masaru. =) And have her to follow Shoma for a day.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Ah, that’s too bad he does not like the food, but fingers crossed all the training helps him out!

27. If Shoma switched to pairs or dance, who would you want his partner to be?

I don’t think I am qualified to make the call, but Uno skating pairs would have been pretty cool. Mainly I just secretly want to see Keiji Tanako skating pairs...

For me Shoma and Marin would be the perfect Ice Dance team. Perfect deep edges, flow and musicality.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shoma has almost the whole rink to himself as the 4A's have left for DOI. Too bad Alina won't be able to sneak back some niku for him.

He liked the niku from the New Seoul Restaurant in Des Plaines, Illinois. I think I will Fed Ex him some so he doesn't starve! :laugh: https://www.newseoulcharcoalbbq.com/menu

Adding -- Thank you to everyone for the kind birthday wishes. I appreciate it!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Honestly, Uno just needs to tell one lady in Russia that he is hungry, and what he is looking for, and there will be a nation-wide movement to feed him. Lol, that’s my memories, at least... a young man with an appetite used to be a godsend, and a guest... Russian women’s worst nightmare is a guest not being full in their house.

28. What is your favorite program?

Great Spirits if EX counts, from competitive ones it is still the Stairway to Heaven, no matter that he never skated a perfect version from what I had seen so far. I still love it.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Honestly, Uno just needs to tell one lady in Russia that he is hungry, and what he is looking for, and there will be a nation-wide movement to feed him. Lol, that’s my memories, at least... a young man with an appetite used to be a godsend, and a guest... Russian women’s worst nightmare is a guest not being full in their house.

As a (half-)Russian(-American) woman, I seriously, seriously doubt that the problem is a lack of people trying to stuff him full of Russian food. :laugh: Maybe he doesn't like it and misses Japanese food.

hanyuufan5

Medalist
Haha, I just noticed that the badge on Shoma's ushanka in the drawing by WF Skating Doodles is Eteri! :laugh:

I didn't know that he's afraid of dogs. Hopefully Tina and Masaru will change that, although I think Tina would probably be much more afraid of Shoma than he would be of her.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
As a (half-)Russian(-American) woman, I seriously, seriously doubt that the problem is a lack of people trying to stuff him full of Russian food. :laugh: Maybe he doesn't like it and misses Japanese food.

I am pretty sure they can customize something :) eat, Shoma, eat, we can’t lose you now!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Interesting to hear Nathan's comments (on Ice Time Podcast) when asked by Jack Gallagher what he thought about Sho working with Eteri. It made me laugh, because I wonder what he expected him to say! Here was his answer (as best as I could write), although he talks SO fast sometimes it's hard to understand him! :laugh: I don't know how he gets the words out so fast. Sho must have lent him some of his Red Bull.

"It was a surprise that he decided to leave his coach, but I think Eteri is a great coach -- considering, I mean look at her students and the success they've had over the past few years. I don't fully understand it. It was a little bit of a surprise, again whatever all my competitors do, it's ultimately their decision and they clearly know what's best for themselves and I shouldn't question it."

The question I really wanted to hear answered was "Do you think Shoma will come to your rink this summer?" Maybe that will be Jack's next scoop! :laugh2:

They're starting to advertise and talk a little about Japan Open. Still no mention of the Prince performing there; and he was briefly in the ad I saw, but certainly no focus on him. I think they've already named Rika and Satoko for Team Japan and Javi for Team Europe.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Royal Brother speaks again! Thank you to yawning shoma for the translation! Wow, gorgeous flowers! I love that in less than an hour, Tree's post has almost 2,000 likes! :luv17:

https://twitter.com/jumokuno0108/status/1144867209111408640?s=20

“Hello, this is Itsuki. Today, I met Machiko-sensei for the first time in a while! She has always been a kind teacher. I’m happy she’s doing well!
# Chunichi Ice Hockey
# Nagoya Ice Center”
Shoma sent a congratulatory flower stand to the ice center for their 50th anniversary"

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
29. What is your least favorite program?

I am not big on his Vivaldi arrangement, but I still can watch it :)

hanyuufan5

Medalist
How nice of Shoma to send the flowers and Itsuki to visit. :luv17:

Machiko-sensei's name is so pretty, not to mention perfect for her. It means "she who is full of wisdom".