Shoma Uno | Page 881 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

rollerblade

Record Breaker
I tuned into the practice stream late, so only caught the parts with 3A-eu-3F and onward.

After the group's run throughs, Shoma tried multiples 3A-3T.... the axels were good, but all 3T's ended with starfishes. :( He doesn't seem too dejected when talking to Stepen at the boards after each attempt though.

Off topic: Stepen's hat fashion at practice was terrible. :p

** very late edit: I was most likely wrong about the +3T... totally forgot he was going for 3A+4T!

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Yawning Shoma on Twitter has translations of Shoma’s comments, it sounds like he wasn’t planning on going to the WTT (maybe he assumed that Kagiyama will be picked based on WC standings?) but overall seems to be in a looking forward state of mind. He apologized to his teammates for trying 3A4T when the standings were at stake.

I missed that 3A4T though and happy Uno seems to be in a positive overall setup for next season. Still love that program & looking forward to the new ones. Hopefully this fall we will have GP as usual & I can resume my quest to see Uno live.

16Olympics

On the Ice
From the mixed zone comments he seemed to have started thinking/planning for next year before/during Worlds and didn't think he'd be going to WTT but he went. His mindset wasn't geared for it but seeing a lot of the men, the beginning of the programs were good but towards the end, it looked like they were making reservations for next year. This started for Shoma in the sp, for the others in the FS, IMO. Nathan singled a back end of a combo so, yeah, ? fried mentally. Sho is just saying what's been on his mind. I guess they have to go if they're selected.

I hope to see him in the gala.

IMO, it was so wonderful for Shoma that Stephane was there. A lot of the skaters had no one.

Hugs and best wishes to Shoma and Co. 3 pups and many, many fans await what's in store.

Vilya

On the Ice
Country
Finland
Yeah there's no denying it, this comp was one to forget 😅
Shoma really seemed unprepared. Of course the boot problems didn't help either. I feel sad that he had to end his season this way, and what I really hope is that this won't bring his motivation and fire down too much. He has so much to give but he needs to bring it when it counts... I am glad he attempted the 3A4T though, it showed that he still has that fight in him! Whatever the issues are, I hope Shoma will be able to take the message needed from this competition and then forget about it.
I'm so ready for new programs and I do believe they will help Shoma to focus on the next season and the new challenges ahead. Hopefully he is going to enjoy the ice shows too!

Here's a cute bunny Shoma to cheer us up 🥰

16Olympics

On the Ice
Yeah there's no denying it, this comp was one to forget 😅
Shoma really seemed unprepared. Of course the boot problems didn't help either. I feel sad that he had to end his season this way, and what I really hope is that this won't bring his motivation and fire down too much. He has so much to give but he needs to bring it when it counts... I am glad he attempted the 3A4T though, it showed that he still has that fight in him! Whatever the issues are, I hope Shoma will be able to take the message needed from this competition and then forget about it.
I'm so ready for new programs and I do believe they will help Shoma to focus on the next season and the new challenges ahead. Hopefully he is going to enjoy the ice shows too!

Here's a cute bunny Shoma to cheer us up 🥰

That 3A4T looked beautiful in the air. Too short on the landing but I think he'll be okay. There is lots to do before the next season and he can build his motivation then as the competitions get closer to the Olympics.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^Thank you for the bunny photos! That one that rabidline uses for her avatar is the absolute best! :)

I didn't watch live but caught the men's event on the replay. Given the circumstances, I think Shoma did okay. Hopefully, he will take lessons from this and move on. He has done his obligatory kuyashii to his team mates. This has been a season like no other (thank goodness) in all respects, and I'm to the point where I'm tired of over analyzing it. It broke my heart when he was grimacing at one point (was it during the step sequence?), and yet he still was giving it his all and trying his best. Not on the 3A-4T bandwagon. Yes, it's a big points item (even with a fall), but I saw another competitor jump a stellar 4T/3T then a stellar 4T within seconds and earn 30+ points (and no it wasn't Nathan :laugh:). That's my preference.

No matter what happened here, I still believe DOMO has been a great vehicle for Sho. I think he's probably ready to move on to the challenge of some new programs. I thank God he's made it through this season without getting Covid or sustaining injuries. His pattern in the past has been to get his new programs early in the off-season and then debut them at the ice shows and start getting some "mileage" on them. I hope he will be able to do that during this off-season.

Keep going Sho! You have so much to offer and so much left to give to us!

16Olympics

On the Ice
^^^Thank you for the bunny photos! That one that rabidline uses for her avatar is the absolute best! :)

I didn't watch live but caught the men's event on the replay. Given the circumstances, I think Shoma did okay. Hopefully, he will take lessons from this and move on. He has done his obligatory kuyashii to his team mates. This has been a season like no other (thank goodness) in all respects, and I'm to the point where I'm tired of over analyzing it. It broke my heart when he was grimacing at one point (was it during the step sequence?), and yet he still was giving it his all and trying his best. Not on the 3A-4T bandwagon. Yes, it's a big points item (even with a fall), but I saw another competitor jump a stellar 4T/3T then a stellar 4T within seconds and earn 30+ points (and no it wasn't Nathan :laugh:). That's my preference.

No matter what happened here, I still believe DOMO has been a great vehicle for Sho. I think he's probably ready to move on to the challenge of some new programs. I thank God he's made it through this season without getting Covid or sustaining injuries. His pattern in the past has been to get his new programs early in the off-season and then debut them at the ice shows and start getting some "mileage" on them. I hope he will be able to do that during this off-season.

Keep going Sho! You have so much to offer and so much left to give to us!
What a lovely drawing! I feel sad when certain people are raging on Stepen being only a "feel-good" coach. Pish posh!

p/s: also glad more people are jumping on the misspelling train. 😄
Best part of the day. From Nam's IG.

Also, Shoma wore his DOMO and Grespi masks during the ladies event.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I am starting to think that with Kagiyama, Hanyu and Uno coming 2,3,4 I am wondering how they will distribute them in GP & if Uno will do Russia and France again.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am starting to think that with Kagiyama, Hanyu and Uno coming 2,3,4 I am wondering how they will distribute them in GP & if Uno will do Russia and France again.
We don't waste any time do we?! I'm already thinking the same. I'm guessing IdF and Rostelecom too and doubting there will be anything in N. America (unfortunately). Although there is always hope! Koshiro and Stepen were at Sk Amer in the 19-20 season, so one never knows! I know you're still on your quest to see the Prince live, so I wish you luck!