Skaters programs next season (your opinion) | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Skaters programs next season (your opinion)

Sk8rBoii

On the Ice
Or Adam Rippon skating to Adam Rippon?

Haha, that'd be something to see! I've heard him sing a cover, but does he have original songs?

Back on topic, I'd like to see more skating to music never used before. Skip the traditional skating pieces, I say! (Nino Rota, Phantom of Opera, Astor Piazzola, Tchaikovsky, Carmen, Disney, Firebird, etc....)
There's too much music in the world to limit skating pieces to just a handful. The most interesting new song choice this year for me was a junior lady (can't remember was it from JGP or Japanese nationals) who skated to 'Mishil's Theme' from a Korean tv-programme. Never heard that song before, but it stuck to my head and eventually I had to look it up. It has a great atmosphere for a skater to interpret with movement.

Xen

Rinkside
Hmm, I'd be for someone skating to La Campanella. I've always wanted to hear it in FS.
Other than that:
-More "native" music, stuff like Seimei or Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon from this season. Something very odd, like a solo asian koto flute, or just pure drum beats (taiko or african are all fine)
- Gender bending- say a guy skating to swan lake (tchaikovsky), or a woman skating to Chaplin. Interesting things that we've never considered before, slightly non-traditional in that way.

tjb

Match Penalty
alexandra trusova
sp - christina aguilera "candyman"
fs - rammstein "spiel mit mir"

tjb

Match Penalty
I´m pretty sure Candyman is not appropriate song for a 14 yo to skate too... :)

both songs are very appropriate. sasha is known for skating to the most appropriate songs for her age, and she should continue that way

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Hmm, I'd be for someone skating to La Campanella. I've always wanted to hear it in FS.
Other than that:
-More "native" music, stuff like Seimei or Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon from this season. Something very odd, like a solo asian koto flute, or just pure drum beats (taiko or african are all fine)
- Gender bending- say a guy skating to swan lake (tchaikovsky), or a woman skating to Chaplin. Interesting things that we've never considered before, slightly non-traditional in that way.

Well Yuzuru has been skating to "swan" themes at least two times (Notte Stellata and White Legend with Tchaikovsky)

Edit.

Anyone wants to put money on Boyang skating to Avengers´theme next season

Ducky

On the Ice
I would love it if one of the ladies would skate to "Uja" by Tanya Tagaaq (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o5StBRPOI0), although the judges and audience might not agree. I think Polina Edmunds could pull it off. Her SP this year to the DeBeers theme hit sort of similar marks.

For a pairs or ice dancing program: "Balaga" and "The Abuduction" from Natasha, Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812.

And Javier Fernandez would do a killer skate to "Dust and Ashes."

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would love it if one of the ladies would skate to "Uja" by Tanya Tagaaq (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o5StBRPOI0), although the judges and audience might not agree. I think Polina Edmunds could pull it off. Her SP this year to the DeBeers theme hit sort of similar marks.

For a pairs or ice dancing program: "Balaga" and "The Abuduction" from Natasha, Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812.

And Javier Fernandez would do a killer skate to "Dust and Ashes."

Oh I hope Polina will continue...

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Please. No Carmen. No tangos. No Moulin Rouge. No Aranguez (it's one of my favorite pieces of music but watching a junior girl skate to it is just...........blechhhh!) No Four Seasons - any season. If you must skate to lyrics - make them appropriate. Karen Chen - skate to something age and gender appropriate. No Bolero or Carmina Burana (the first is sacrosanct and the second has been overdone and is heavy! heavy! heavy!) Turondot is getting old but it's still a dramatic piece of music and requires a very elite and accomplished skater or team to skate to it.
Kolyada - ditch Elvis Presley.

I could go on................. but choreographers, try a little freshness and innovation. Think outside the box and don't go back to the trite and overworked pieces of music. Pretty please?

Maybe skaters should maybe start taking initiative of finding music that they themselves like. Because honestly it'll lead to more fun programs. And they'll have more fun knowing that they picked music that they like. Or maybe if they can't think of any, if they have social media, they can have fans submit suggestions to them.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Anyone wants to put money on Boyang skating to Avengers´theme next season

Which Avengers, though? Because I can kinda see him as John Steed... :laugh:

I'd like to see Ivett Toth expand on her AC/DC program with something even more out there. Maybe some early Malmsteen - Black Star, say, or the Icarus Dream Suite. That'd wake the judges up!

And I'd love to see someone with good spins skate to James Galway's recording of Song of the Seashore - maybe Laurine Lecavelier, or even better, one of the juniors I like. A silky flute would make a nice change from tinkly pianos, and that piece is just the right length for a short program, and would be accessible for a junior skater who's building her musicality along with her technique.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Which Avengers, though? Because I can kinda see him as John Steed... :laugh:

I'd like to see Ivett Toth expand on her AC/DC program with something even more out there. Maybe some early Malmsteen - Black Star, say, or the Icarus Dream Suite. That'd wake the judges up!

And I'd love to see someone with good spins skate to James Galway's recording of Song of the Seashore - maybe Laurine Lecavelier, or even better, one of the juniors I like. A silky flute would make a nice change from tinkly pianos, and that piece is just the right length for a short program, and would be accessible for a junior skater who's building her musicality along with her technique.

Pick your avenger´s poison https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=avengers+overture

Or maybe Jim Boyang would pick to do Spider-man 2.0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I42Y1bl5uXs

And a Yes! for Ivett Toth AC/DC style, her program was very popular and fun

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #7 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
As I was watching someone skate to Cats today on the CdP stream, I thought this musical would be a great fit for Ashley. I think she would excel at portraying Griselda(sp?). Especially since she's one of the oldest competitors out there, and some are writing her off already; it would be awesome if she could prove them wrong and at the same time, create another iconic piece like Moulin Rouge.