So-Youn Park | Page 51 | Golden Skate

So-Youn Park

andyjo24

Medalist
Btw fellow SY fans, can someone enlighten me as to whether SY would be able to get 2 GP spots for next season? How would that be determined?

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Btw fellow SY fans, can someone enlighten me as to whether SY would be able to get 2 GP spots for next season? How would that be determined?
I don't think that she'll be able to get two spots, because she wasn't in the top 12 at Worlds and she's outside of the top 24 in the world ranking and her season's best is also outside the top 24. Doesn't look good. (here's the announcement for last season's grand prix series)

andyjo24

Medalist
I don't think that she'll be able to get two spots, because she wasn't in the top 12 at Worlds and she's outside of the top 24 in the world ranking and her season's best is also outside the top 24. Doesn't look good. (here's the announcement for last season's grand prix series)

Wow. She's 26th in terms of World Ranking and Season's Best.... Just out.... Ugh.

But for Season's Best, is that including or excluding the junior skaters? Because if it's excluding the junior skaters that will continue to skate in juniors, she could get into the top 24.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
There is a chance that she might get invited though. So, all hope is not lost but some luck is needed.

leminent

Rinkside

I guess there's high possibility of her two spots.

After this season is over, her ranking will be up at least 20(I think it's about 17?). Soyoun confirmed her first spot by the ranking.

And then there is an isu law that skaters, who already gained one spot before distributing remainders, has priority to have one more spot.

I don't think there's a big difference in ranking before June...

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Judging from Soyoun's new instagram post, she's working with David for her programs

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Judging from Soyoun's new instagram post, she's working with David for her programs

I was reading this in the "new posts" activity stream and it read as one big sentence which looked like her and David were working on programs sent from your phone. If that is in fact what you meant than congrats on the promotion and can you please incorporate some of the steps from her Swan program ;)

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I was reading this in the "new posts" activity stream and it read as one big sentence which looked like her and David were working on programs sent from your phone. If that is in fact what you meant than congrats on the promotion and can you please incorporate some of the steps from her Swan program ;)

OMG I WISH :love:
in fact, I would really love to be in contact with both!
but no... it's just Tapatalk being wierd at the moment for me :scratch2:

anyway, I do wonder about the theme of her programs? something jazzy, sassy, or fun?

randomfan

Record Breaker
Devastated that So Youn just barely lost out (if it really was a legit fan vote...:slink:) on that TCC spot (even though I really like Rika). Some of the comments about So Youn in the TCC thread in The Edge are offensive and ridiculous also. Be prepared to be angry when you guys look through that section. :curse:

Nice to hear that she'll be working once again with David Wilson! I hope they come up with good ideas! I'd love to see a program of hers on a season favourite programs list in this forum. :)

https://youtu.be/r_51Yz3KwvU
Also, this is a video of Zijun Li's Worlds 2016 Banquet livestream! Lots of appearances by many skaters from all four disciplines! So Youn and Da Bin appear from 35:14 to the end! :biggrin:

Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I honestly don't get why people are getting riled up with the voting. Throwing mean comments to the skater is also a major :disapp: especially when they haven't done anything wrong.

Ahh I didn't know Zijun had an ongoing livestream. She should it more! I wish she had a longer interaction with Soyoun on video though.

Last edited:

andyjo24

Medalist

I really hope David can make her really impactful programs that will enable So Youn to show off good skating skills and speed. As much as I liked her Black Orpheus program, the step sequence was really slow and the edges were pretty weak. She needs to find a program that she herself LIKES AND ENJOYS that also enables her to show off her skills, just like Rika Hongo did this season.

As for So Youn, like before, she needs to work her butt off this summer on her skating skills (speed, edges, general confidence, direction). This will make her confident in all areas of her skating, including her jumps.

Last edited:

MiRé

Match Penalty
So Youn and 8 other korean skaters (Jun Hyung, Se Jong, Ji hyun, Da bin, Eunsoo, Ye lim, Ha nul, Seo Hyun) started deep edge, balance, and speed training today by Dmitri Dmitrenko. They will be training until 5/1(without break in between :eeking:) according to this news article.

I hope So Youn can learn a lot from him and improve her skating skills :luv17:

andyjo24

Medalist
So Youn and 8 other korean skaters (Jun Hyung, Se Jong, Ji hyun, Da bin, Eunsoo, Ye lim, Ha nul, Seo Hyun) started deep edge, balance, and speed training today by Dmitri Dmitrenko. They will be training until 5/1(without break in between :eeking:) according to this news article.

I hope So Youn can learn a lot from him and improve her skating skills :luv17:

Omg. This is EXACTLY what So Youn and Da Bin need! Work hard girls!!!!

I want to see fast and deep edge So Youn next season!!:love:

andyjo24

Medalist
Maybe not going to TCC was a blessing in disguise!!

So Youn can really learn and improve on her SS!:agree:

MiRé

Match Penalty
Maybe not going to TCC was a blessing in disguise!!

So Youn can really learn and improve on her SS!:agree:

That's what I thought as well. I was sadden by questionable "votes" but when I saw the news that she'll be training for deep edges, I was like YAAAAASSSSS. :laugh:

Can you imagine SY skating to Black Orpheus with edges like Yuna Kim? I would D.I.E :yahoo:

andyjo24

Medalist
That's what I thought as well. I was sadden by questionable "votes" but when I saw the news that she'll be training for deep edges, I was like YAAAAASSSSS. :laugh:

Can you imagine SY skating to Black Orpheus with edges like Yuna Kim? I would D.I.E :yahoo:

OMG. I swear I was imagining So Youn skating to Black Orpheus with deep edges and speed last morning!! You read my mind!!:eeking:

randomfan

Record Breaker
OMG. I swear I was imagining So Youn skating to Black Orpheus with deep edges and speed last morning!! You read my mind!!:eeking:

Add her Swan SP too! It would practically be a masterpiece if she brought back that music, with improved skating skills! :party2:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker

Not much as Yuna skate to Black Orpheus herself! Mannn... It will be a massacre... of broken hearts. By the way... that music is soooo KDRAMA!!!!

Good to see Park working with Wilson, i think Park has good musicality and it will be interesting to see what David do with her.

Last edited:

MiRé

Match Penalty
Not much as Yuna skate to Black Orpheus herself! Mannn... It will be a massacre... of broken hearts. By the way... that music is soooo KDRAMA!!!!

Good to see Park working with Wilson, i think Park has good musicality and it will be interesting to see what David do with her.

of course!!!!!!! But you know, if Yuna were to slay Black Orpheus, I bet only hatred will come along.....something like her "hammer toe" ruining the flow of the music :laugh: