So-Youn Park | Page 54 | Golden Skate

So-Youn Park

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hmmm...interesting choices. Really hope she can get her PCS up. Aranjuez Mon Amour is quite slow, but probably harder to emote than R&J, so should be interesting!

I don't know a lot about her but am looking forward to learning more and to seeing her at Skate America.

Last edited:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
i wish you have a great time in SA. Soyoun and her skating is gorgeous to watch live. I am sure you will be amazed.

I just watched a few of her You Tubes, and her skating is beautiful (and so is she!). Her Saints-Saen "The Swan" was beautiful. It looks like she has been at Skate America before, so I have seen her. I am going to go to some of the practices for SA so will look forward to that too. She is lovely, and it looks like she has had some amazing costumes over the years.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I just watched a few of her You Tubes, and her skating is beautiful (and so is she!). Her Saints-Saen "The Swan" was beautiful. It looks like she has been at Skate America before, so I have seen her. I am going to go to some of the practices for SA so will look forward to that too. She is lovely, and it looks like she has had some amazing costumes over the years.

Soyoun has the biggest 2A-3T in the SA field. I am not exaggerating (it is something to watch). I was at the two previous SA when SoYoun was there. I watched her practice closely. She is absolutely a skater to watch live. Also she has very pretty ice presence(sparkling costume, gorgeous makeup and not small at all). when she came out in group warm up you will notice her.
I hope you enjoy the practice session in the coming SA. Also, Soyoun is a very sweet girl, you may even ask for a autograph or a photo.:)
Also, Soyoun's programs tend to be very delicate to watch (watch her SA R&J program). I suggest to sit closer to the rink and pay attention to her performance, you may discover lots of details of her performance qualities and be touched.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Soyoun has the biggest 2A-3T in the SA field. I am not exaggerating (it is something to watch). I was at the two previous SA when SoYoun was there. I watched her practice closely. She is absolutely a skater to watch live. Also she has very pretty ice presence(sparkling costume, gorgeous makeup and not small at all). when she came out in group warm up you will notice her.
I hope you enjoy the practice session in the coming SA. Also, Soyoun is a very sweet girl, you may even ask for a autograph or a photo.:)
Also, Soyoun's programs tend to be very delicate to watch (watch her SA R&J program). I suggest to sit closer to the rink and pay attention to her performance, you may discover lots of details of her performance qualities and be touched.

I have never attended a practice so am super excited about going to practices. I live around 20 minutes from the arena, so it will be nice and easy. I will be sure to watch her R & J SA program. Thank you for the suggestion.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Anyone know what happened to Soyoun in Asian Trophy? I don't really expect much since it is quite early this season to compete but to score that low is alerting me that something is not right. An injury perhaps or the general unpreparedness that's expected at this time?

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I thought she hit the bottom at Worlds... She must fix whatever problems she current has ASAP.

andyjo24

Medalist
Does anyone have a video of her FS at the Asian Trophy?

I know it will be difficult to watch, but I'm still curious about what the program looks like.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I felt so painful when I was there for FS. Sorry for anyone watched my live periscope for Dabin's FS. I couldn't stop sobbing; she looked so much of powerless through out the program.
All I could do was just to pray till the ending, just not to withdraw.

Actually, SY seemed she was not in the condition from the official practice. I knew the videos will be uploaded shortly, but not to broadcast was the only method to protect her from cyber-bullying.

Hope she can settle her problem before the next competition. Really praying that SY does not go too pessimistic of the result...

Thanks for your kind words and your periscope, tweets etc. is highly appreciated.
It is possible that skaters will be in bad condition in certain summer events. Many of them withdrew. Some even withdrew mid-way through the competition. Soyoun didnot withdraw, I think she is brave to do that. She may felt the responsibility for fans or the organizers.
I would not worry(or interpret) too much about one really bad outing due to apparent bad condition. Based on what I saw, her programs are interesting, so that is good. I do think that her costumes are NOT up to par. first of all, both programs used black as the main color, it is repetitive. second, the design especially the FS dress is not flattering. this sentiment has been shared among many Chinese fans of hers.
Condition management is crucial,but I would not feel very pessimistic based on this outing. My feeling regarding her technique is there is not a big regression(not like suddenly, she lost all her jumps). If conditioned well, I will expect similar level as last season.

Warwick360

Medalist
I am kind of worried about Korean prospect at Pyeongchang. Not that there's not going to be any medal for figure skating, but more to the fact that there's going to be only one spot for both singles. :/

I wonder if either Da bin or So youn will be able to step up (for two spots). Especially the latter. Clearly, Soyoun hasn't been doing that well, but I really hope she steps up this year. Wishful thinking?:slink:

Wish Seoul was hosting it in 2022 rather than 2018. :/