South Korean Ranking Competition, 01–03 December 2017 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

South Korean Ranking Competition, 01–03 December 2017

Hailey Shin

Medalist
#22 Eunsoo Lim 177.43 So sad.. she fell twice and they were bad fall. She looks little angry and seems ill.:sad21: Hope she can comeback nicely at Nationals and grab junior worlds' ticket, please! Cheer up, Squirtle.. Anyway she landed first 3Lz-3T. Current 2nd

Rinchan

Rinkside
annemn thanks! I hope you'll also enjoy the competition.
I'm so gutted for Eunsoo :(.
She was doing so well. Those two falls were really unexpected, out of the blue. But she didn't give up on the presentation. She is really amazing.

Hailey Shin

Medalist
#23 Dabin Choi 168.37 also one BAD fall at 2A, she almost fall from face.. so she missed 2T but she added it at last 2A nicely. She got 3Lz-2T rather than 3T to safe. Everyone seems so desperate here for home olympics:sad21: Good job Dabin, Current 3rd

Hailey Shin

Medalist
#24 Young You winner will be her I know it even before I see the result. Ghislain hurrayed(is it right?) at her last spin!! Very little mistake was there (and I can't remember what it was) but other things were AMAZING include 3Lz-3T and 2A-3T. And her speed across the ice, the presentation... nice. What a girl.

And the point is.. 197.66 Great job! Overall 1st place.

annemn

Rinkside
#21 Ji hun To 164.29? Oh my god, all those years... She finally (almost) cleaned!!!! except a iffy landing at one or two jumps and hang in at 2A-3T. Other things... GREAT, include beautiful choreography and presentation. Ah also 3F-3T at first half was wonderful. Current 2nd but she surely deserves more than that

She is seriously one of my new favorites! I was cheering her on the whole time - so happy she had an (almost) clean skate! :D

Rinchan

Rinkside
Dabin did her best. This program is much better than the previous one and presentation was she improved so much. I hope that she can heal soon.
That fall was really bad, I hope she didnt worsen her injury. Gutsy as always.

You Young is baaaaack! That's the girl whose performance I enjoyed 2 years ago, when she won her national title. Her jumps became so much bigger! Great job!

annemn

Rinkside
#24 Young You winner will be her I know it even before I see the result. Ghislain hurrayed(is it right?) at her last spin!! Very little mistake was there (and I can't remember what it was) but other things were AMAZING include 3Lz-3T and 2A-3T. And her speed across the ice, the presentation... nice. What a girl.

And the point is.. 197.66 Great job! Overall 1st place.

She was FANTASTIC - had the whole audience clapping and cheering. I thought her costume was on point, too. I love the pirate outfit before I even heard the first strains of the music! :love: Her confidence, her energy, her speed, her jumps. Just overall very very nice!

Rinchan

Rinkside
I'm overall happy with the results.
I also thought that Jihun deserved more, at lrast Pcs wise. Maybe there were sume ur, we will have to check the protocols.
All the girls were amazing, let's hope that all those injured can recover soon.

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Top9 after Sr ladies free skating
1 Young You 67.46+130.10=197.56
2 Yelim Kim 62.13+123.43=185.56
3 Eunsoo Lim 65.30+112.13=177.43
4 Dabin Choi 65.52+102.85=168.37
5 Ji hun To 59.42+104.87=164.29
6 Hanul Kim 47.14+117.06=164.20
7 So youn Park 55.24+107.34=162.58
8 Yu jin Choi 53.49+108.20=161.69
9 Sohyun An 55.58+101.91=157.49

Seems like 4CC team will be Dabin Choi, Hanul Kim, So youn Park since they are age-eligible.

And Dabin and Hanul get more closer to olympics, with their standing points added with summer comp.

Hailey Shin

Medalist
I'm overall happy with the results.
I also thought that Jihun deserved more, at lrast Pcs wise. Maybe there were sume ur, we will have to check the protocols.
All the girls were amazing, let's hope that all those injured can recover soon.

yeah, same as me:)

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Senior men's free skating is all end, and it seems like June hyoung get his way right to Pyeongchang. He already won first trial, and this time he did well again except one doubled salchow and fall at last lutz.
Scored 230.40 and placed first overall.

Jun hwan did well but he also fell twice at quad sal and triple axel. the second triple axel and the other triples he performed were good.(I donno about under rotated though)
Scored 224.66 and placed second.

Sihyeong also did well, cleaned all he got and as placed third in this event, he grabbed the last ticket to 4 continents. Good for him:)
Scored 197.69 and placed third.

Rinchan

Rinkside
The men competition was very good overall. Many clean performances and the level of skating in the men's discipline has overall improved. It's good to see more and more senior men ^^

I was happy to see Byun Sejong having a good skate after struggling so much. His triple axel was very well done! Kudos!

JunHwan! His program is a masterpiece. Too bad for the two falls but he fought till the very end. I hope he can recover quickly, he's such a gem! Fighting!

Jinseo. Oh my, what happened. It was painful to watch. Hope he gets better soon.

Junehyoung! Freak fall aside, he did a good job. This fs is such a great vehicle for him.

Hailey Shin

Medalist
It's medal awarded time. After this, there will be a gala. I wonder some skaters to perform or not, because of feeling pain. (like Eunsoo:sad21:)

annemn

Rinkside
It's medal awarded time. After this, there will be a gala. I wonder some skaters to perform or not, because of feeling pain. (like Eunsoo:sad21:)

I was wondering about that too. :( I was really hoping to see some of them (like Eunsoo) at the Gala, but obviously their health comes first!! We shall see, I guess...

Rinchan

Rinkside
Yeah, it was my dream to see him on a big stage:disapp:
Anyway he's in injury now and overcoming..:slink:

I agree, it's such a pity and so unfortunate that he got injured in the olympic season. Nevertheless, let's think positively. He's so young and he will have the opportunity to compete on many other big stages. Nothing is like the olympics at home, but I think he will blossom by the time of the 2022 games in Beijing.
The more important thing is his health and I'm glad to see that he is recovering

randomfan

Record Breaker
I was able to watch a few youtube videos, and the comments sections are pretty bizarre...

On Dabin’s SP video, someone’s complaining about her mental state? They’re criticizing her about not getting herself together compared to Satoko Miyahara who was also injured. Thankfully, only this person is being like this, and there are a few other people responding to this post angrily and telling the OP to stop.

Then on Soyoun’s FS video, most people are saying that Soyoun’s score, especially PCS were way too low. That’s not much of a surprise to me since 1) Soyoun is almost always underscored and 2) Korea has always been strict with judging. But what I find interesting here is that many people are talking about how Hanul Kim should not have scored higher than Soyoun. Some even believe that Hanul is being pushed so she can surely go to the Olympics instead of Soyoun. I haven’t found a video of Hanul yet, so I can’t see for myself what they mean.

Can someone who was at the event tell me what’s going on?