Sunday NBC recap coverage | Golden Skate

Sunday NBC recap coverage

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
That's it. I am dressing up as Johnny Weir on Halloween! You dont think it is too scary, do you?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Did I just hear T and J defend Mirai's 3A???? I must have ear wax or something....I love you Mirai and thats a great program for you. Save a hug for me at the FOFS breakfast at San Jose....(puppy needs to go out for awhile now)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Did I just hear T and J defend Mirai's 3A???? I must have ear wax or something....I love you Mirai and thats a great program for you. Save a hug for me at the FOFS breakfast at San Jose....(puppy needs to go out for awhile now)

Yes, and I appreciate that T and J acknowledged Mirai's good work on the 3A :).

Question:
I missed the first five min. of the NBC telecast.
Was an SP shown at the very top?? Nathan's SP? Before getting into the Men's free skates?​

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wakaba looks so sparkly on my big screen :love:

I watched this last night with Yulia's commentary. She was quiet the entire performance except to say how amazing her transitions were. I think I agree :2thumbs:

I so prefer the second half of this program 🎶🎶

MIM

Medalist
wow Ashley on a tire commercial!
Last rotation is always the hardest"

LOL:laugh2:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Haha..what a cheesy program for Zhenia. I don't know whether to care or not. Lol.

She's kinda fun though and the over the top editing and just in general abuse of being literal don't bother me as much as it probably should. She's a beast and I think her skating skills are actually overly criticized.

MIM

Medalist
I cannot leave my tv seat to catch every Ashley moment. She has an amazing tv personality. I cannot wait her to replace Tara. Can you imagine Ashley and Jason commenting in NBC?

OK, we have a whole thread in this Rostelcom folder (in fact, two) offering criticism of Medvedeva, some harsh. But it is clear as day that she is in a class by herself.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OK, we have a whole thread in this Rostelcom folder (in fact, two) offering criticism of Medvedeva, some harsh. But it is clear as day that she is in a class by herself.

Totally agree. I have nothing but respect for her.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did I miss Mariah or did they not show her? I tuned in late.

Haha..what a cheesy program for Zhenia. I don't know whether to care or not. Lol.

I bet it looks less cheesy in the actual arena. When you have to play to the back seats of the balcony, you have to pile on the theatrical make-up and use exaggerated gestures throughout. On close-up TV everything looks overacted.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Yes, and I appreciate that T and J acknowledged Mirai's good work on the 3A :).

Question:
I missed the first five min. of the NBC telecast.
Was an SP shown at the very top?? Nathan's SP? Before getting into the Men's free skates?​

Yes, Nathan's short was shown first thing.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I bet it looks less cheesy in the actual arena. When you have to play to the back seats of the balcony, you have to pile on the theatrical make-up and use exaggerated gestures throughout. On close-up TV everything looks overacted.

Well not my cup of tea type thing but I love how precise she is in her delivery of intricate and difficult steps and transitions. TBH I don't understand the negative attention she gets. Sure...the abrupt ending and overuse of literal acting are anything but my taste but I can still respect the girl and have fun watching her skate. She really is in a class all her own.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Yes, Nathan's short was shown first thing.

Thanks for your reply, Chris. Sorry that I missed Nathan's SP.

I did not like NBC's sneakiness with its promo for Skate Canada coverage.

The recap show for Skate Canada will be only on NBCSN -- and not on the broadcast network NBC.
But the voiceover for the Skate Canada promo said something like, "Watch it on NBC." (Did not say NBCSN.)
And I believe the accompanying graphic did not mention any channel one way or the other.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
In the 4 different broadcasts I saw of Nathan's short program, every set of commentators talked through the step sequence - even the Eurosport guys. It's the one part where everyone should shut up. Thank goodness someone posted a version without commentary.