Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 112 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

annafer

On the Ice
A while ago we were talking about Stolbova/Klimov being at V/T's level or near it. I found this link with gifs of their Olympics twists and throws. Take a look and you'll see that why V/T are at a whole different level.

http://www.popsugar.com/Pairs-Figure-Skating-2014-Olympics-34025728

The next season will be interesting though, to see what they'll do, because I assume they'll have new programs. I don't think they can keep the same LP for the third year in a row.

orangella96

Final Flight
Agree. who dares to say no to Putin. :eek: I just hope the recent political tension won't affect their relationship. I hope they are smart enough to to take sides and leave the politics for other people. Gosh, I hate politics.

I don't think thst that their relationship is affected by this.
As annafer said they're both not into politics and just appear tgere 'cause tgey have to.
If I am not mistaken Tanya and her sister were only born in the Ukraine 'cause their dad was stationed there from the Russian army. And yes her parents are bith Russians so they probably don't really identify themselves with all that political mess.

@annafer The place of their Easter celebration probably depends on the location of their next show that is just the day after Easter :yes:
Hope they do have some nice time over Easter though :)

orangella96

Final Flight
annafer
I really hope that they chose a new LP.
I mean three seasons in a riw the same one gets just so boring.
But you're right that it will be an interesting season.
Still I don't think that they'll be competing against each other as S/S and V/T did.
S/K are just not in that level yet and it's nit even sure if they'll keep the level they have now.
We'll just have to wait and see ;)

mttvonice

On the Ice
Skatefan02 - thanks so much for posting the video from the 2010 Olympics. I couldn't help myself.....after I watched Tanya & Stas, then I found Max & Maria and watched them, too.....the theme from "Love Story".....uh.....NO.

KinoriH - thanks to you for posting the VK video of Max & Maria's last performance. I only watched the short one where he gets down on one knee (Oooooo didn't like seeing that - LOL). It seemed to me like Maria was really crying, and I'm wondering what for! She was happy to be getting rid of him, wasn't she???

The latest photo of Max & Dexter cracks me up! Both so serious, and it's like Dexter is human, too :laugh:

Interesting suit choice for Maxim, but he wears it well, and purple IS my favorite color :love:

eli60056

On the Ice
So I watched the Stas and Tania video and it got me in a melancholy mood because they said in it that since they started training with Ingo, the quality of Stas skating was markedly better. I feel so sorry for his lost opportunities that he discovered only too late in his career. That music was so hauntingly beautiful and somehow final. But on the bright side, Tania really had all the luck in partners-both Max and Stas are so careful with her on the ice. It is a joy to watch. Must be something about her that makes them want to protect her and please her :). Also I did not see anything remotely romantic in the choreography, not that it was not beautiful.

JCSKIZZLE

On the Ice
So I watched the Stas and Tania video and it got me in a melancholy mood because they said in it that since they started training with Ingo, the quality of Stas skating was markedly better. I feel so sorry for his lost opportunities that he discovered only too late in his career. That music was so hauntingly beautiful and somehow final. But on the bright side, Tania really had all the luck in partners-both Max and Stas are so careful with her on the ice. It is a joy to watch. Must be something about her that makes them want to protect her and please her :). Also I did not see anything remotely romantic in the choreography, not that it was not beautiful.

I watched both also and felt bad after seeing Tatiana and Stas' beautiful performance. I also watch the end of the Maria and Max's last performance and that was a total bummer too. Not bc I was sad it was over but because he is still so sweet and caring after being treated like crap. And he's trying to comfort her and she can't even look at him. Gah, she SO did not deserve to skate with him! :no:

Mahanson34

Rinkside
When I watched the video of Max and Masha's last skate, I was surprised to see that she would not or could not even look at him. Even when he was on his knees thanking her she couldn't look at him. Why not?

Mahanson34

Rinkside
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is Max & Maria's LP from the same competition as the Tanya & Stas video (2009 ISU European). Maria's part of the program was disasterous. No wonder Max had his head in his hands. As I've said before.......they said Max wasn't good enough to be Maria's partner??? :scratch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrVkFXuia5E

And here's the kiss & cry where Max is trying to be nice to Maria, but she gives nothing in return....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGCUZDazt6s

Max is wearing a jacket in the kiss & cry in the Tanya/Stas video, so I've either got my competitions mixed up, or that clip of him was shot sometime after they got their scores.

I know this post was awhile ago, but wow! a few things hit me when I watched these videos...Maria's skating is (at least here) terrible; at one point, the commentator says that she is "all over the place" and "out of control." More than that, though, what was so clear to me was Max's absolute transformation as a skater from then to now. He has all the moves in 2009, and he does them well, but it feels so much more perfunctory, business-like, even when he (and she) were supposed to be acting in "The Lady and the Hooligan." Nothing is wrong with anything (except for Maria), but the program feels cold. You can really see this in the Kiss & Cry when she does not even look at him when he gives her a hug and kiss. Now, fast forward to "Masquerade" and "JCSS" and Max is completely different. Same or similar moves, but the emotion and passion for Tati and his skating transforms him (and them) into a - I don't even have the words to describe them - couple that is absolutely beyond anyone else in the field.

All of this is a really long way to say that V/T's passion, chemistry, vision, love, hard work, total dedication makes them the BEST (which, of course, we all agree on!).

skatefan02

On the Ice
Just a random observation.. but sometimes in the photos and videos of pairs practicing the triple twists in gyms, it looks like the girl is about to hit her head on the ceiling. :unsure: Does this ever happen?

mhelliknee

Rinkside
I can't watch videos of them with their old partners. It's just weird for me to see them skating with other people, even though those other people were there first. :laugh:

Here is a cute older pic from Tanya's instagram... http://statigr.am/p/252210070300916364_13861021 Max looks like he's writing their names on a wall, which I think is "Juliet's wall" in Verona. If you make the pic bigger you can see "Tati & Max". The rest of the wall is filled with couples names and hearts.

SallyTeoh

Rinkside
Casual observation as well.... From all the rehearsals and practice videos, I realised that Max is the type of person that can't stand still, he always have to skate around, or doing something else (ah hem.... Holding and playing with Tati or others).... Haha.....

mhelliknee

Rinkside
Casual observation as well.... From all the rehearsals and practice videos, I realised that Max is the type of person that can't stand still, he always have to skate around, or doing something else (ah hem.... Holding and playing with Tati or others).... Haha.....
Yes, it's cute. :laugh: I remember during the Olympic closing ceremony you could see them sitting in the audience during some of the long speeches by important Olympic people and he seemed so restless. He was probably bored out of him mind during the 4 hour thing they went to today!

gabifazio

Rinkside
I can't watch videos of them with their old partners. It's just weird for me to see them skating with other people, even though those other people were there first. :laugh:

Here is a cute older pic from Tanya's instagram... http://statigr.am/p/252210070300916364_13861021 Max looks like he's writing their names on a wall, which I think is "Juliet's wall" in Verona. If you make the pic bigger you can see "Tati & Max". The rest of the wall is filled with couples names and hearts.

Yeah, and people still ask if they were dating? check the date, it's from June 2012 and she said (by google) "And now our trail there!"
mhelliknee I don't know, but could be "juliet's wall". The point is, they wrote their names in a wall, well, i'll never write my name and a friend name in a "love wall" or something like that, he could be my best friend, but this is for loving couple!!!! well i don't know, that's my point

kinoriH

Final Flight
Yes, it's cute. :laugh: I remember during the Olympic closing ceremony you could see them sitting in the audience during some of the long speeches by important Olympic people and he seemed so restless.

haha I remember watching it live on TV. He couldn't stand still and just took selfies on his phone with the rest of the russian team that was sitting behind him. :rofl::rofl::biggrin: Tatiana was so quiet, reserved and clapped politely while he was always turning his head around to talk to other ppl.
My sister and I just couldn't stop laughing. :laugh:

SallyTeoh

Rinkside
By the way, anybody has found a video of Max and Tati 2011 World Championship where they are skating to Romeo and Juliet where they got the second place??? I've found one HD version, but is commented on another language.... Anyone has saw the video with English commentators before??? I'm just curious what the commentators are saying on their (Max and Tati) first year together in World Championship/international level......

kinoriH

Final Flight
By the way, anybody has found a video of Max and Tati 2011 World Championship where they are skating to Romeo and Juliet where they got the second place??? I've found one HD version, but is commented on another language.... Anyone has saw the video with English commentators before??? I'm just curious what the commentators are saying on their (Max and Tati) first year together in World Championship/international level......

I was looking for a video of british Euorosport as well.. but only found ice dance vids. :\ but I have the EX performance if it helps! they said they're "a match made in heaven" :love: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3ALK6Pw1og