Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 297 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

Sfey

On the Ice
Stephan informed in an interview that V/T will join Ice Legends Show and after that they are going to vacation in Thailand together.
Thailand!!!! My country!!! I'm so excited they will be here.😍😍😍😍
Enjoy vacations all.

How exciting! Maybe you'll be lucky and run into them. :)

monwara

Rinkside
How exciting! Maybe you'll be lucky and run into them. :)

I wish they will be happy on their vacation. I know that Tanya and Maxim love sun, sand and beach. A few months ago their PR came to Thailand for vacation and post a lot of beautiful photos. It may be an inspiration to be here for them😁😊😉
Can't wait to see the show and photos of happiness.

orangella96

Final Flight
What other stories or characters could they portray? I'm a ballet nerd, so I'd love to see them take on some more ballet scores/characters, since their take on Swan Lake was so amazing. Sleeping Beauty maybe, or something less well known like Mayerling.

Swan Lake was really amazing ♡
You being the ballet nerd, I am a Disney nerd. I'd love to see them skate to some Disney Theme, Tanya would make an excellent princess, hence the Masquerade Waltz :D
I live as well that their programs tell a story, way better than just skating to some song without any emotions

aceiel

Rinkside
Even though it would be far too similar to their 2010-11 SP, what I would do to see them skate to Omnis Lacrima by Yoko Shimomura... they're the only pair right now I've seen that would have the sheer power and presence to execute that program at it's best. Even down to the final line: "Eternal, tormenting in his sleep", I just know they would make it so chilling...
I have a small shred of hope that in general (even though they're heavily overused) they do another dramatic orchestral piece at some point perhaps as an exhibition :yay: (I would adore to see them in a ballet role again as well!)

orangella96

Final Flight
I really like variations in programs, for example when one of them is a classical piece of music and the other one a more modern piece, like a pop song, they skate to.
Most of the time this combination works really really well :)

saray

Rinkside
The first show starts May 27th I believe. From there on it will be shows in 4 different cities of Japan until the end of June. :)
Not sure though if they'll be doing all the shows.
they skate only kobe and nagano from 17june.

i would like disney program too, potc :yahoo:

theyaremagic

Rinkside
For the Disney theme: "Beauty and the beast" of course :)
I would go for the Tango! That would be a spectacle full of passion. Or maybe they get an inspiration in Thailand and skate "Anna and the King"... another exotic routine. I loved the Bollywood dance very much because it was very different and unique. On the other hand "Black Swan" is still my favourite FP, ballet suits them very well too...
It doesn't really matter which music they will choose, it will be beautyful anyways :biggrin:

orangella96

Final Flight
I somehow alway think of a movie with a blonde princess like Cinderella. Do you know the picture of them being compared to Cinderella and her prince? Ever since I saw it I can't get it of of my mind. But "Beauty and the Beast" has lovely songs as well, that's true!

Bollywood was amazing, never seen something like that before and they were so into it. Even their hands always moved in this Bollywood type movements. That was amazing.

But yeah, ballet would be amazing too, it's pretty hard to just choose a favorite of all the things they could do. ;) :D

carolruwer

Rinkside
Nothing to do with their programs but I found the video of the press conference after the SP and it wanted to share it because towards the end of it there is a funny moment with Max and Sui/Han who had previously been asked about chemistry but something got lost in translation and they thought "couple chemistry" and then the journalist explained he meant "chemistry on ice". Max warns them to be careful about chemistry because first is on ice and then you get married! And Han does the cross sign as to protect himself from it! :rofl:
Min. 18.55 ca
http://youtu.be/8GKeR4zPJuw

Last edited:

kinoriH

Final Flight
Nothing to do with their programs but I found the video of the press conference after the SP and it wanted to share it because towards the end of it there is a funny moment with Max and Sui/Han who had previously been asked about chemistry but something got lost in translation and they thought "couple chemistry" and then the journalist explained he meant "chemistry on ice". Max warns them to be careful about chemistry because first is on ice and then you get married! And Han does the cross sign as to protect himself from it! :rofl:
Min. 18.55 ca
http://youtu.be/8GKeR4zPJuw

Lol even when he's in 3rd place nothing stops him from taking over the press conference.

Sfey

On the Ice
I've been thinking more about program ideas. :)

It might be too close to their Godfather SP, but maybe something Bonnie and Clyde inspired? Or something folklore inspired, like Death and the Maiden.

There are a couple of Lana Del Rey songs I could imagine them skating to, but the lyrics might be too inappropriate for a skating comp. :p Though 'Young and Beautiful ' could work, even if it seems to be a bit overused.

Edit: Judging by their instagrams, V/T seem to be on holiday now. I hope they enjoy themselves and have a good rest before heading to Switzerland.

Last edited:

aceiel

Rinkside
There are a couple of Lana Del Rey songs I could imagine them skating to, but the lyrics might be too inappropriate for a skating comp. :p Though 'Young and Beautiful ' could work, even if it seems to be a bit overused.

I LIVE for the day they do a Lana program :love: Although, yeah I think it would probably have to be an exhibition just for the freedom to nail the interpretation... if they can do angst like they did with Another Love they could definitely do one of her songs. I'd love to see them skate to Body Electric or Video Games, the rhythm would be quite difficult in skating but I think they could pull it off! I'd also love to see what costumes they would use for programs like that?

Sfey

On the Ice
I LIVE for the day they do a Lana program :love: Although, yeah I think it would probably have to be an exhibition just for the freedom to nail the interpretation... if they can do angst like they did with Another Love they could definitely do one of her songs. I'd love to see them skate to Body Electric or Video Games, the rhythm would be quite difficult in skating but I think they could pull it off! I'd also love to see what costumes they would use for programs like that?

I was thinking a Bonnie and Clyde themed program to 'Money, Power, Glory,' but that might work better as an exhibition.

I really liked their 'Another Love' exhibition and I was disappointed that they only did it at Art on Ice (maybe there was a copyright issue that prevented them from using the music at other shows?). Their romantic exhibitions are beautiful but I like it when they do other styles as well.

I've noticed they seem to keep one exhibition from Art on Ice for other shows, so maybe they'll do I'll Be There or Who You Are this year.

Last edited:

aceiel

Rinkside
I can't remember for the life of me where I heard or found this so please take it with a grain of salt, but I *think* that during one of stephane's fan-meetings round about December he said he was trying to convince the participants at Ice Legends to do programs that were iconic to/changed their careers, so while he was doing Poeta, I think he said he was trying to get Tatiana and Maxim to do the waltz again. However again I am really not sure, and because it was so far back it might have been just a passing idea, and it might now only apply to him. Idk as much as I enjoy the idea I do doubt to be honest that they will do the waltz again due to the amount of practice and revision that would be needed and theres only a few weeks to IL, but y'never know since he is actually confirmed to be doing Poeta again, so it might be a theme? (I'll try to find the interview again forgive me :laugh:) (I also haven't read any new confirmations about the program list for IL so it's also quite likely I've missed bits of updates here and there aha!)

--

Edit: here's an article! :)
absoluteskating.com/index.php?cat=articles&id=2016icelegendspromo

"Not much is known so far about other programs to be relived on the ice in Geneva. During one of the meetings with fans Stéphane mentioned that he asked Tatiana and Maxim to recall their Olympic "Masquerade" short program and that Carolina will probably skate her exquisite "Bolero"."
Hm, so it seems he only asked them, no confirmation yet. I remember the question and he never mentioned their answer as he was only listing them as an example of what was to come (but everyone gave a really positive reaction as soon as he mentioned it!).

Last edited: