Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 298 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

Sfey

On the Ice
I'm excited to see MasqueradeWaltz again! It's my favourite short program. Max looks so handsome in his costume, and Tanya looks stunning. Mind you, Tanya would look stunning wearing a paper bag. ;)

Sfey

On the Ice
I just saw that V/T will be performing in Kings on Ice in November. Isn't that right in the middle of the Grand Prix season?

Looking forward to seeing Masquerade Waltz again soon!

monwara

Rinkside
I just saw that V/T will be performing in Kings on Ice in November. Isn't that right in the middle of the Grand Prix season?

I wonder the same thing, King on Ice will be held middle of season. I think V/T may attend some competitions, however we'll see.

Now I'm so excited for "Masquerade Waltz". Great performance will be back😍😍😍

theyaremagic

Rinkside

Yes that was my first thought too... no Cup of Russia for them... but other competitive skaters will be there too, for example Ivan Righini (well I assume he goes on with competing, I like him, he's so expressive) or B/S (not sure about them, but I hope they will go on with competing). So anything is open and we have to wait until Tanya and Max will give a statement about their situation. I would love to see them in competitions again... (who else should I shower with my love when they quit...???:scratch2: probably S/K, love them too)

Looking forward to the Ice Legends show, this will be such a pleasure to watch. Masquerade is my all-time favourite SP!!!

Sfey

On the Ice
Yes that was my first thought too... no Cup of Russia for them... but other competitive skaters will be there too, for example Ivan Righini (well I assume he goes on with competing, I like him, he's so expressive) or B/S (not sure about them, but I hope they will go on with competing). So anything is open and we have to wait until Tanya and Max will give a statement about their situation. I would love to see them in competitions again... (who else should I shower with my love when they quit...???:scratch2: probably S/K, love them too)

Looking forward to the Ice Legends show, this will be such a pleasure to watch. Masquerade is my all-time favourite SP!!!

Yeah, I don't think this is necessarily an indicator of their plans for competition. They haven't said anything yet so the safest assumption is that they will compete as normal. Does anyone know how skaters are selected for GPs? Maybe V/T already have some idea of when they'll be competing.

Edit: I assume that V/T will keep doing shows when they retire, so even if they don't return to competition next season, we can still enjoy their skating. :)

Last edited:

monwara

Rinkside
There's an update from Absolute Skating

"Update for fans from Tania and Maxim:
They are sorry about how the Worlds went, but they worked really hard towards it and in the given circumstances they feel they did all they could.
Now it's time to have some rest, enjoy the show in the company of their good friends and after the vacation they will sit down and discuss everything with their coaching team. At the moment it looks like they will do shows in summer and during the first half of the season, but they definitely plan to compete next season. Still stay tuned, they promised to notify you via social media as soon as they decide about their plans."

Sfey

On the Ice
There's an update from Absolute Skating

"Update for fans from Tania and Maxim:
They are sorry about how the Worlds went, but they worked really hard towards it and in the given circumstances they feel they did all they could.
Now it's time to have some rest, enjoy the show in the company of their good friends and after the vacation they will sit down and discuss everything with their coaching team. At the moment it looks like they will do shows in summer and during the first half of the season, but they definitely plan to compete next season. Still stay tuned, they promised to notify you via social media as soon as they decide about their plans."

I'm excited that they've decided to keep competing, for now anyway. I don't really care if they don't do all major championships (eg just Senior Bs and Euros). I'm sure it comes down to what they want from life and what their bodies can handle. I'm glad they're taking the time to rest and reflect and aren't rushing into any decisions either way.

Sfey

On the Ice
Hi everyone, the videos from Ice Legends are up on YouTube! Masquerade Waltz was amazing. I'd forgotten how complex the steps were in that program.

Apparently Max and Tanya donated their Masquerade costumes to the Olympic museum in Lausanne after the show! What a great honour for them, and well deserved. It's nice to think that visitors will be reminded of their Olympic skate for generations.

I don't have a link right now, but someone on tumblr said they met Max and Tanya after the show and they were both lovely, gracious people.

aceiel

Rinkside
My friend translated the french in the intro video!
So as Stéphane rhymes off all their achievements (looking like a proud zebrahahaha) Tatiana and Maxim said 'And better yet, we're married!"
Then Stéphane said "and me? Who am I~" when Tatiana and Maxim shout "Stéphane!" and "Ohhhh yeah" (a joke because we all know about the one and only stéphane :laugh:)

monwara

Rinkside
Tatiana, Maxim and Stephane arrived Thailand. Welcome to my boiling hot weather country.:luv17:

Maxim said that he still not take any photos, tomorrow will be. Have fun guys.

kinoriH

Final Flight

Sfey

On the Ice
Aw, that picture is so sweet.

I don't blame them for wanting to save their strength, and I'm glad they're not rushing into any decisions about their careers . We'll still be able to see them skate if they do choose to retire, but I hope to see them compete because their competitive programs are so much more detailed. I think it was Mozer who hinted that V/T might be working with new choreographers? Did I understand that correctly? I hope that's true! I love V/T's programs but it would be exciting to see them work with someone new. Maybe working with new choreographers and concentrating on creating great programs would provide them with more motivation?

Last edited:

kinoriH

Final Flight
Aw, that picture is so sweet.

I don't blame them for wanting to save their strength, and I'm glad they're not rushing into any decisions about their careers . We'll still be able to see them skate if they do choose to retire, but I hope to see them compete because their competitive programs are so much more detailed. I think it was Mozer who hinted that V/T might be working with new choreographers? Did I understand that correctly? I hope that's true! I love V/T's programs but it would be exciting to see them work with someone new. Maybe working with new choreographers and concentrating on creating great programs would provide them with more motivation?

yes, that's true. They won't work with Morozov next season. What if stephane is their choreographer?! <3

Sfey

On the Ice
yes, that's true. They won't work with Morozov next season. What if stephane is their choreographer?! <3

That would be very interesting! Stephane choreographed the group numbers for Ice Legends, didn't he? They were beautiful.

Judging by her Instagram, Stephane seems to be choreographing for Julia Lipnitskaya? Or at least working with her on something. And she does train in Sochi...