The 2021 Tallinn Trophy

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Very impressive skate from Minja Peltonen, a clean landed 3Lz-3Lo combo :jaw:

Is she related to Emmi??
At least she is not her sister, Emmi's little sister is Nelli and she skates Synchro. Peltonen is one of the most common surnames in Finland, so it is difficult to say if they are related or not.

Last edited:

Allikat

On the Ice
Country
United-States
The Entries / Results page has been like that all morning. At least 7 hours.

Whenever one of the skaters I have adopted is in a competition, I like to post all the details of what time the segments starts, what time their group does their Warm-Up, what time they are due to do their programme, and provide links to the stream, Time Schedule, and livescoring pages. But, because of the page not loading, all I have is the time the segment starts and the livescoring link (which doesn't work).

The worst of it is, everything was working fine last night. I even saw the start orders, but just didn't think to take down the times. :bang:

I am hoping that everything starts working within the next half hour...

By the way, 8 skaters in Senior Ladies is correct. Here is the archive of the Entries page from yesterday morning (before the draw took place):

https://web.archive.org/web/20211114053315/https://results.tallinntrophy.eu/INT2021/CAT002EN.HTM

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan
Thank you so much! :biggrin: I thought I was losing it there for awhile--obviously, the list of 'women' I was thinking of was for some other competition (only looked at like 6 or 7 yesterday--lol!) so therefore, I got the number entirely wrong. Then, I 'believed' the fool message that something was 'wrong' with my internet connection/network, which was why I couldn't access the entries/results page. Sometimes I have to wonder why I bother trying to keep up with these events at all. :bang:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Always love skaters from Cyprus! A good clean skate, lovely! :clap:

And this one is promising. Last season was her first in Advanced Novice, and in her three competitions, she had a 3rd, a win, and a 5th. Once she is old enough for Seniors, she will be giving Emilea and Marilena trouble.

OOh that fall on the lutz looked painful! She missed her whole combo :(

It did, didn't it?!

@CaroLiza_fan how do you feel about this Billie Eilish-music? I recall you´re not a fan :laugh:

I admit, it's not her worst song. But I still don't like it!

Time for a story. My Dad was over in the Isle Of Man for a long weekend last month for a training course. He thought it was a 2 day course, but it was actually two 1 day courses. Having gone to the course on the Saturday, he had nothing to do on the Sunday. So, he went to the pictures to see the new James Bond film!

The funny thing is that, every time he looks at the TV magazine and sees that there is a James Bond film on the TV, my Dad is convinced he hasn't seen that particular one. Even though he has seen every film about a dozen times. So, I bet you he thinks the same when this new one eventually appears on the TV. And we'll be able to say "you saw it in the Isle Of Man!" :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Thank you so much! :biggrin: I thought I was losing it there for awhile--obviously, the list of 'women' I was thinking of was for some other competition (only looked at like 6 or 7 yesterday--lol!) so therefore, I got the number entirely wrong.

You were probably thinking of the Warsaw Cup, which has 30 entries.

There are an awful lot of skating events this week. And it is so easy to get them mixed up.

Especially when you are like me and have kids at all of them! :eek:

Then, I 'believed' the fool message that something was 'wrong' with my internet connection/network, which was why I couldn't access the entries/results page. Sometimes I have to wonder why I bother trying to keep up with these events at all. :bang:

When I was making out my Predictions for the Warsaw Cup in between having dinner and finding the Tallinn stream, I saw an Openreach van driving past the house (we live in a cul de sac). And I thought "oh no. I hope whatever they are doing doesn't mean that we lose our internet connection". And during the last of the Junior Men, that is exactly what happened! Thankfully, it was only for a minute at the most. But, it did scare me, especially since I really wanted to see the competition that was following them just 20 minutes later.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
They should change CS from Austria to Tallinn, shouldn't they?

The events in Tallinn are always amongst the best run events of the season. And the Tallinn Cup was a Challenger event from the 2015/16 to 2018/19 Seasons. So, I wonder why it has not been since.

CaroLiza_fan

Allikat

On the Ice
Country
United-States
You were probably thinking of the Warsaw Cup, which has 30 entries.

There are an awful lot of skating events this week. And it is so easy to get them mixed up.

Especially when you are like me and have kids at all of them! :eek:

When I was making out my Predictions for the Warsaw Cup in between having dinner and finding the Tallinn stream, I saw an Openreach van driving past the house (we live in a cul de sac). And I thought "oh no. I hope whatever they are doing doesn't mean that we lose our internet connection". And during the last of the Junior Men, that is exactly what happened! Thankfully, it was only for a minute at the most. But, it did scare me, especially since I really wanted to see the competition that was following them just 20 minutes later.

CaroLiza_fan
Here in East Texas, while I've not been losing my internet altogether, I sure have been losing channels I watch on YouTube! Either YT goes 'down' for awhile, or becomes very slow, almost stops working. I keep wondering when all the internet might go 'down' and not come back!:shrug::ot:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Never heard that song before, but it made for a really fun programme.

Very "French", if you know what I mean.

Sure, some people will say it was "very juniorish". But it was enjoyable.

Wasn't high scoring, though. Lisa DE FREITAS PERESTRELO goes into penultimate position. 😞

CaroLiza_fan

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Am I the only one for whom the entries/results page doesn't work? For that matter, the Fazeway OU YouTube channel isn't working well either. Also--originally, I COULD see entries, and I swear there were far more for Senior Women than show here--many more than just eight, I mean. But since yesterday, I've not been able to see a thing; the site doesn't work.
It wasn’t working.
I used the Sportily App.

“For direct event information please download the Sportity app and insert this password: TTR2021”

It is good because it has all the info in one place, and notifications once results go up.

A lot of skating events use the app too. Just check the announcements for every tournament.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oooh. Very hard fall for one of the girls wearing a white jacket during the Warm-Up.

The camera swung away from her very quickly after she fell, so I don't know how long it took her to get up. But, I saw her coming off the ice at the end of the Warm-Up.

Well, I think it was her. It looked like a Swedish flag on her back, but there are two Swedish skaters in this group. So, it may have been the other Swede that I saw at the end.

What we saw of the dress was white with tinges of blue. So, we'll be able to tell when she comes on to do her programme.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The last of the Estonian girls to skate, Sille-Riin TALI, clearly read my post in the Outdated Trends thread. She is using the instrumental version of "Tango De Roxanne"!!!

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

Pity about the fall.

She looked disappointed when we came back to the live pictures after the highlights ended.

She goes into penultimate position, just ahead of her team-mate who went before her.

So, we cutently have 6 Estonians in the bottom 7 positions, only split by the French girl with the very long name. But, on the plus side, the other Estonian, Amalia ZELENJAK, is currently in third position.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Julia and Josefin Brovall must be siblings I guess?

Don't know. Both of them have their Instagram pages set to private, so I can't see if there are any photos of them together.

All I can say is that it definitely wasn't Julia that fell in the Warm-Up.

I'm starting to wonder if that was a Swedish flag I saw on the back of the jacket. Because Davydova (EST) that started the group and Ozola (LAT) who is on now both have dresses that look like what I saw.

If Nordqvist doesn't have a white and blue dress, I'm going to wind back and check.

CaroLiza_fan

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Julia and Josefin Brovall must be siblings I guess?
I put Julia Brovall to google and got to page named SkateSweden, where was an article about her. short quote from it: "Mamma Pia, pappa Stefan, lillasyster Josefin" lillasyster = little sister in Swedish. Edit norwegianfailytale, you of course :) know what it means, but for the others.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Nope, that's about as far from a white and blue dress as you can get! :laugh:

I wound back, and it was definitely Ozola that had the fall. So, she did well to come back and do a programme only 20 minutes later.

Anyway, good to see Emelie laughing and joking with her coaches.

It came to an abrupt end when the results came up, though. Antepenultimate place, splitting the 4 Estonians that had been at the bottom.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I put Julia Brovall to google and got to page named SkateSweden, where was an article about her. short quote from it: "Mamma Pia, pappa Stefan, lillasyster Josefin" lillasyster = little sister in Swedish. Edit norwegianfailytale, you of course :) know what it means, but for the others.

Thank you for the information! :bow: :clap: :points:

:thank:

Yeah, my knowledge of Scandinavian languages extends to "og", meaning "and" in Norwegian. Not a lot of use on it's own, is it? :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
So, it's an hour until the next competition (the Senior Men), isn't it?

I won't be able to watch them, if that's the case. It'll be near time for food.

CaroLiza_fan

Country
Norway
Don't know. Both of them have their Instagram pages set to private, so I can't see if there are any photos of them together.

All I can say is that it definitely wasn't Julia that fell in the Warm-Up.

I'm starting to wonder if that was a Swedish flag I saw on the back of the jacket. Because Davydova (EST) that started the group and Ozola (LAT) who is on now both have dresses that look like what I saw.

If Nordqvist doesn't have a white and blue dress, I'm going to wind back and check.

CaroLiza_fan

So according to TT-Fin they are :D I don´t think Brovall is a very common Swedish surname, but I for sure didn´t know Peltonen is a very common surname in Finland, must be equal to the Hansen or Olsen surname in Norway!

You understand Swedish pretty well yourself @TT_Fin? I always find it interesting to know how the Finnish people understand Scandinavian language. I guess Finland understand more of Swedish because they have closer connection to Sweden in many ways. Do you understand Danish language? I have been lucky enough to watch a lot of Danish and Swedish children TV before they started to dub it, so I can understand both written and oral language pretty well. I will not lie, my understanding of Finnish language is pretty bad. But I have learned some important phrases: "Kitos" and "Perkele" :laugh: :ROFLMAO:

Country
Norway
Thank you for the information! :bow: :clap: :points:

:thank:

Yeah, my knowledge of Scandinavian languages extends to "og", meaning "and" in Norwegian. Not a lot of use on it's own, is it? :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

Well at least you know what word to use to link together sentences :laugh: If we ignore your lack of vocabulary otherwise, I would say you are above the first level :laugh: