The 6 countries qualified for World Team Trophy announced | Page 5 | Golden Skate

The 6 countries qualified for World Team Trophy announced

Andrea82

Medalist
Entries are up on ISU website

Canada

Messing, Nguyen (alternates: Nadeau, Sadovsky)
Chartrand, Daleman (alt: Mallet, Pineault)
Moore Towers/Marinaro (alt: Walsh/Michaud)
Weaver/Poje (alt: Gilles/Poirier, Fournier Beaudry/Sorensen)

Italy

Rizzo, Grassl (alternates: Dalla Torre, Frangipane)
Piredda, Rodeghiero (alt: Gennaro)
Della Monica/Guarise (alt: Ghilardi/Ambrosini)
Guignard/Fabbri (alt: Tessari/Fioretti)

http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent03111667.htm

Captains

Russia: Nikita Katsalapov
USA: Madison Hubbell
Japan: Misato Komatsubara
France: Morgan Cipres
Italy: Marco Fabbri
Canada: Andrew Poje

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Nik is the Cap!!!!!!:rock::dance3:

lol now he doesnt have a choice but to not botcher any twizzles!!!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
That’s a pretty cool line-up :) i’ll have to see if it could be watched on CBC or isu

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Captains

Russia: Nikita Katsalapov
USA: Madison Hubbell
Japan: Misato Komatsubara
France: Morgan Cipres
Italy: Marco Fabbri
Canada: Andrew Poje

What is the role of Team Captain at WTT? Do they have some useful function they perform? Or is it an honorary title?

DenissVFan

Medalist
I wish there was also a small fed team with skaters from 6 different countries other than the ones that qualified as teams.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wish there was also a small fed team with skaters from 6 different countries other than the ones that qualified as teams.

I also fantasize that was a feature of the Olympic Team Event -- although I understand their are reasons why that is impractical -- "mixed team" is not an IOC member.

But imagine the possibilities.

DenissVFan

Medalist
Just for fun - (using WC results) the four best singles skaters, the best pair and the best ice dance couple who aren't from the 6 qualified countries:

Jin, Brezina (or Kvitelashvili instead of Jin if we want one one entry per country)
Tursynbaeva, Lim
Sui/Han (or Ziegler/Kiefer, see above)
Kaliszek/Spodyriev

Andrea82

Medalist
What is the role of Team Captain at WTT? Do they have some useful function they perform? Or is it an honorary title?

IIRC it is mainly honorary except for having to do the press conference at the end of the day.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
i'm going to miss dance, pairs and probably ladies but no one can keep me from watch men live, i mean my babies are there!:dev2:

anyway...this is our predictions last round too...(i'll need a support group :biggrin:)

LadyB

Record Breaker
Davai, Captain Nik! :cheer2:
I'm so looking forward to it, but I probably miss out on quite a bit as far as live coverage is concerned. Well, as usual, I'll do everything I can to watch as much as poss, while on a long w/e break in beautiful Donegal!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker

It is their job to visit party city before the event to get all the necessary items for cheering on your team: Funny glasses, feather boas, noise makers and novelty hats.

Last edited:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It is there job to visit party city before the event to get all the necessary items for cheering on your team: Funny glasses, feather boas, noise makers and novelty hats.

Now you're just baiting me to bring the snark. :laugh:

But I'm going to resist!

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
It is their job to visit party city before the event to get all the necessary items for cheering on your team: Funny glasses, feather boas, noise makers and novelty hats.

with great powers come great responsibilities :biggrin:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Since Jason won't be there (I understand why, but as a fan :sad21:)

He may be to rent out the Kohl's red white and blue suit with wigs, cheap.;)

Hey, these captains need to do more than most captains at "real" team sports. It's an honorary title in the NFL (calling a coin, whoop de doo) and it's honorary here. :)