The Nordics Open 2022 | Page 10 | Golden Skate

The Nordics Open 2022

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Battle for JWC women's spot looks like this in Finland before Nordics. I have no idea, if Linnea, who is just a few days young enough for juniors and has not competed in juniors since 2019, is interested.

IbG3a1qIseSt0q6M6VJen4nQfnGI9LHpoIikjI4gI3lEDH2oxu0nEqCdl2tdHj0YIZtRP9W_J1yPZqFlOcnXZ2YdSKej5NHOA8FuY7uO5vCadMox9LoG5GHzfhGbJSpJnUZYC9VN

Country
Norway
Yay, Mia finally landed her triple flip clean!! She only did one combo, i´m sure that was not intenional, but there was a lot of triples and she seems very happy :clap: :clap:

Country
Norway
Did she had JWC TES before?
She got it in JGP this fall. But if Linnea Kilsand doesn´t get her WC minimums I think they might send her instead if she scores higher, which is likely. But maybe they will wait and decide til until Reykjavik International Games. The best would be if Linnea got the minimum for WC, so Linnea could go there and Mia to JWC.

Country
Norway
Oh no, it started so well for Rosa.

Rosa btw means "pink" in Norwegian, and she is wearing a pink dress, I think that´s a perfect fit :biggrin:

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Janna and Iida are both listed for Jégvirág Cup 2022. It says on Finnish federations website the JWC team will be announced at the latest 13th February, which is a day before deadline. I am not sure if they can still "battle" about the spot there.

Rosa looked like she began to think too much in the middle of the program after a great start.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Yay, Mia finally landed her triple flip clean!! She only did one combo, i´m sure that was not intenional, but there was a lot of triples and she seems very happy :clap: :clap:
Good for Mia. She is actually the only one here I remember watching before. I hope she keeps on developing.

Haha, last group is a Finnish business. I hope Janna Jyrkinen makes a statement with a clean free skate. I didn’t see her short but her score is really good for a junior at Nordics.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I don't remember if I have seen Pihla skating before but what I know this is her first season at national team, so that was good international debut.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Both Janna's and Iida's TES decreased quite a lot from what score box showed. Janna looked upset maybe because she was worried if it was not enough. It was enough to win, but Iida is still holding the JWC spot (I forgot Linnea, but I doubt her motives to go).

Last edited:

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Janna has won all Nordic competitions she has taken part in, in Novices twice before the win in juniors.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
And now I see when girls are on the podium, I was right, Janna has had growth spurt.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I checked that most of Janna's jumps got < yesterday, that's the reason her scores went so low. She is born 2/2007, so maybe if she is interested to compete at seniors next year, at least part of the season. But now to senior women. I'll watch men later because I have some duties just when they are on fire.