Time for Kwan to pass the torch (Article) | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Time for Kwan to pass the torch (Article)

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
bronxgirl said:
Lets face it, this guy hasn't even been able to correctly predict who would be in the World Series the last 4 years, and baseball is a sport he alledgedly knows something about!:biggrin:

That's not fair... the poor guy's a Yankee fan & we've been predicting another World Series win for the Derek & co. every year...

bronxgirl

Medalist
Kwanford Wife said:
That's not fair... the poor guy's a Yankee fan & we've been predicting another World Series win for the Derek & co. every year...

And I'm a Yankee fan, born and raised, so I'm particularly irked that his idiot helped raise my hopes the last 4 years!

FreeKatie

On the Ice
any time I read a newspaper article regarding figure skating there are usually a lot of mistakes that show the writer has obviously never watched skating and was just assigned to write something. its funny how all these news reporters are against Kwan, but it seems the greater skating community supports her bid to go to the Olympics.

jesslily

Final Flight
I think USFS is smart enough letting Michelle to have a chance showing where she is now. The judges and the committee know clearly if Emily Hughes can fill the shoes. US team needs a veteran to lead the team, and Michelle has been there for so many years while Emily just came to Sr. level for two Nationals, and her performance this year at all competitions are not very consistant.

millie said:
What's good for the swan is good for the (don't know if swan is female or male or if it refers to both genders)
What's good for the pen (female swan) is good for the cob (male swan). :)

Olderbear

Rinkside
Speaking of Swans....

ASTERISK!!!...A male swan is a cob and a female swan is a pen.

COB + PEN ----->CYGNETS

I know you all really care...LOL

millie

Medalist
Mathman said:
What's good for the pen (female swan) is good for the cob (male swan). :)

Doggygirl, we stand to be corrected :)

What's good for the pen is good for cob.
Or What's good for the pen is good for the pen in training.:chorus: :chorus:

millie

Medalist
Olderbear said:
ASTERISK!!!...A male swan is a cob and a female swan is a pen.

COB + PEN ----->CYGNETS

I know you all really care...LOL

We are getting educated. Thanks for your explanation.:) :)