Trusova and Quads | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Trusova and Quads

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
The first actually clean quad... not "clean".

Meh. History will always have Miki as the first clean quad, even if was arguably URed. Nothing Trusova/Scherbakova/etc. will do will change that.

However, they can also make their own history and push the current crop of skaters technically.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Meh. History will always have Miki as the first clean quad, even if was arguably URed. Nothing Trusova/Scherbakova/etc. will do will change that.

However, they can also make their own history and push the current crop of skaters technically.
History books are just recordings but what actually happened is another thing. Something can be the case even if it's not jotted down. Regardless of whether it will be noted or recognized as her performing the first one, she still will have performed the first one.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
History books are just recordings but what actually happened is another thing. Something can be the case even if it's not jotted down. Regardless of whether it will be noted or recognized as her performing the first one, she still will have performed the first one.

She has not yet, though....

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

A lot of people have recognized Miki Ando as having performed the first quad too. Although if that makes you feel better about Trusova, then you do you, boo. :)

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n1r_FIIFW4&t=110

Will she land a clean one at JWC? Make your bets, ladies and gentlemen! :)

The video description talks about how March 8 (very much celebrated in Russia) celebrates women, so Channel 1 decided to make this piece on Trusova. I wonder how well these girls will be keeping their jumps if the cut-off for senior women was 16 years old, and 15 for junior women. I am quite worried for the poor kids with growing bones putting this kind of pressure on their bodies. This is not OK.

Also, there is a reason why these little girls aren't doing 3A. 3A requires stellar control, technique, and timing -- not just fast rotation and minimal body weight.

charlotte14

Medalist
I hope she will be healthy. I adore this girl and want to see her healthy. Quad or not it doesn’t matter.
If she lands these quads, I will be over the moon though

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
A lot of people have recognized Miki Ando as having performed the first quad too. Although if that makes you feel better about Trusova, then you do you, boo. :)

Most people recognize that Miki's quad was underrotated. There is no value in holding onto something proven wrong, history books can be updated.

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Hoping she can land her quads cleanly tomorrow!
Just curious - will it be harder for these girls to land quads when they are older and not as tiny?

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker

Most people recognize that Miki's quad was underrotated. There is no value in holding onto something proven wrong, history books can be updated.

In the same vein, while Boyang ignited the quad war again with his sensational 4Lz-3T in his senior debut and the quality of his 4luz is incomparable with anyone, the history book records Brandon Mroz as the first jump to land 4luz despite the questionable rotations.

Anyway, the tiny Russian kid excites me after Kihira's 3A landing. I hope Trusova to land her quads cleanly and fully in the free skate!

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
There are two words in Russian that her surname means:
1) трус (trus) - coward
2) трусы (trusi; only plural) - panties

So, there are some russian fans calling her informally панцуняша (pantsunyasha) which is somewhat equivalent to japanese "pantsu-chan" or "panties-girl" if you will ) Well, while it definitely has affectionate connotation - I admit that it's not very respectful naming though - but is very amusing ^^

*chanting to self* I will not make a crack about Tarasova and Morozov, I will not make a crack about Tarasova and Morozov*

Dammit, you guys! :laugh2:

dimi19

Spectator
There are two words in Russian that her surname means:
1) трус (trus) - coward
2) трусы (trusi; only plural) - panties

So, there are some russian fans calling her informally панцуняша (pantsunyasha) which is somewhat equivalent to japanese "pantsu-chan" or "panties-girl" if you will ) Well, while it definitely has affectionate connotation - I admit that it's not very respectful naming though - but is very amusing ^^

"трусы" does not actually mean "panties"

"трусы" is a general word that is best translated to "underwear" or "briefs"

if one would want to focus specifically on "panties", one would usually say "трусики" (trusiki)

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I have officially learned something new today.

It's is almost like Russia if filled with the English equivalence of Captain Underpants.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
"трусы" does not actually mean "panties"

"трусы" is a general word that is best translated to "underwear" or "briefs"

if one would want to focus specifically on "panties", one would usually say "трусики" (trusiki)

It's depends on the context. While it's the talk among men and women - what you said is generally true to make distinction between sexes underwear. But in case only among women - the form трусы can be used as well. Трусики is just diminutive form of it after all. In Russian there aren't two different words for this - like in English.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Quads at age 13? I hope she can still walk by the time she is senior-eligible.

alvina9894

Final Flight

I might as well inform you that the first 2A landed in history by Dick Button was also underrotated by today's standards. No problem recognizing him as the first person to land 2A in history.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Exactly. And the first triple axel (Vern Taylor) and first quad (Kurt Browning) weren't particularly clean by today's standards either.

Some say Mao did the first 8-triple FS and you could argue she did do that in Sochi. But it wasn't ratified as a clean 8 under the standards at the time. Kihira was the first. But historically speaking, standards change.

Sure Miki arguably didn't land a sufficiently rotated quad according to today's rules, but historically she will always be the first to land a quad as it was a ratified quad at the time.

Barb

Record Breaker
omg, what is this :shocked:? INSANE, how is it possible?!!!!, this kid is writing history :eek::eek::eek:

Jr. Worlds Total score 225.52