Trusova and Quads | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Trusova and Quads

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
How can she do that kind of tech content and not collapse at the end? Seriously how does she breathe? Is she even human?

tars

Record Breaker
How can she do that kind of tech content and not collapse at the end? Seriously how does she breathe? Is she even human?
She was visibly exhausted, could barely spin, but she avoided any mistakes to make it perfection for next generation to watch! Tiny hero! :yay:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Well I missed the JWC but damn, 92 points in the TES alone. Two quads and 3 triple-triples. :eeking:

Without an 8th jumping pass and an extra footwork, Trusova's TES was higher than Kolyada's and everyone below him at the Olympics.

Question: is she the first figure skater ever (men or women) to do combo three different ways - with a 3S, 3L, and 3T?

Without an 8th jumping pass and an extra footwork, Trusova's TES was higher than Kolyada's and everyone below him at the Olympics.

Question: is she the first figure skater ever (men or women) to do combo three different ways - with a 3S, 3L, and 3T?

Just from my memory I think she is the first :shocked:

yyyskate

Record Breaker

Nathan has done 3LZ-3LOOP, any quad+3T and 3F-LO-3S in his competitions. but he never did all -3T, -3LOOP, -LO-3T in one program. Nathan can also do 4F-LO-3F. so that is another -3F as last jump of a combo. Doing combo 4 ways, -3t, -lo-3S, -lo-3F, -3loop

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
If she still land quads after 16-17yo she will replace Midori Ito as the greatest technician for me.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
Well Baby Trusova did it! I was rooting for her all the way as she went for those quads! Clean and a well deserved World record score!

MsLayback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Got to love such sunshines coming to these threads saying these kinds of things at a time like this.

How about appreciating a historical achievement. Crazy thought?
But at what cost and possible lifelong damage to the body... I wouldn't do that to my kids And I can say this as a parent who faced a bone/spinal health issue brought on by sports related activity...

MsLayback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
What about all the boys doing quads at young age? Stephen Gogolev comes to mind for example.
Why just when girls do harder elements?
It's all about anatomy The female pelvis in the male pelvis are different in fact when your are trying to determine the sex of a skeleton u look at the hip/pelvic bones Women's pelvis change as they get older And because of how the hips grow constant repetition can cause damage to the growth plate... Yes I admire the achievement but I would be more impressed if it 18 year old did it not a pre teen adolescent who could have long term damage caused by repetitious movement

Shayuki

Record Breaker
It's all about anatomy The female pelvis in the male pelvis are different in fact when you look at this at a bones that's how you can tell the sex is by the pelvis. Women's pelvis change as they get older And because of how they grow repetition can cause damage to the growth plate... Yes I admire the achievement but I would be more impressed if it 18 year old did it not a 12 or 13 year old who could have long term damage caused by repetitious movement
A 12 or 13 year old needs to learn it or they won't be able to do it at 18 years of age. That just is how it goes.

Now, injuries are always going to be a part of top professional sports. You can also have an injury slipping while walking outside in the snow but that doesn't mean you never should go outside when it snows. Nor do you have to be a total downer and doom and gloom over everything. It's quite possible that she won't have such serious problems, also.

It's just in very poor taste for that to be your focus at this point in time.

Well let's hope you're never a parent who has to look at an MRI praying that possible irreversible damage was done due to sports, I've been there it's terrifying and it's the worst feeling as a parent because your child wants to continue to train at that level but you need to look at the long term consequences and whether or not that child will have permanent damage
I'll leave that to the parents of the specified children. That sort of an argument can be used with traffic accidents and traveling by car.

A life where you do everything to chase your dreams is always worth it over one where you don't do anything due to being too afraid of what could happen.

MsLayback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
A 12 or 13 year old needs to learn it or they won't be able to do it at 18 years of age. That just is how it goes.

Now, injuries are always going to be a part of top professional sports. You can also have an injury slipping while walking outside in the snow but that doesn't mean you never should go outside when it snows. Nor do you have to be a total downer and doom and gloom over everything. It's quite possible that she won't have such serious problems, also.

Well let's hope you're never a parent who has to look at an MRI praying that possible irreversible damage wasnt done due to sports, I've been there it's terrifying and it's the worst feeling as a parent because your child wants to continue to train at that level but you need to look at the long term consequences and whether or not that child will have permanent damage

MsLayback

On the Ice
Country
United-States

I'll leave that to the parents of the specified children. That sort of an argument can be used with traffic accidents and traveling by car.

A life where you do everything to chase your dreams is always worth it over one where you don't do anything due to being too afraid of what could happen.
This is really being twisted away from what I originally said... It is very well proven that repetition From doing jumps over and over again causes damage to the growth plate And I find it terrifying that this little girl could have long term effects from the training she's doing right now

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
ol2:

Hope the authorities are taking good care of this kids, doing quads so young should put a lot of pressure on their no completely developed bodies :slink:

Suddenly so many people are worried about "kids bodies". I wonder what they would write if an American girl would jump 2 quads.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This girl is going off. People are going to have to beg the ISU to make a rule to save their favorites. :laugh: