US Nationals exhibition? | Golden Skate

US Nationals exhibition?

farornaskonung

Rinkside
I have tried to find information about the exhibition, but I can't find anything in neither schedules nor here on Golden Skate or elsewhere. Is there going to be one? Or have I just totally missed it?

Anyway, maybe it's enough drama already, who knows what a gala would bring. It's been such a stressful weekend😁 so many feelings at once

noskates

Record Breaker
It was actually a good show. It started Sunday night about 6:30 and ended about 8:45. They had all the gold medal winners, all the silver medal winners and most of the bronze and Jason Brown. They had the Junior Mens champion, Junior Ladies Champion and pairs and dance. There was no drama and the crowd was very supportive. Nathan Chen had a fantastic performance and really showed his ability to captivate an audience with something other than quads. It was fast and techno and he really had fun with it. He can dance!!!

The arena was about 3/4 full and very enthusiastic. Before you ask, yes, Ross Miner was well-received and Ashley Wagner was not there.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Are they going to maybe broadcast it on TV next week or something? Could explain why it’s so secretive :think:

Nathan did a killer exhibition at NHK! I’d love to see it again if that’s what he skated here.

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Are they going to maybe broadcast it on TV next week or something? Could explain why it’s so secretive :think:

Nathan did a killer exhibition at NHK! I’d love to see it again if that’s what he skated here.

NBC advertised that they're airing it on the 14th, if I remember correctly.

penniavaswen

On the Ice
Country
United-States

It's a new program.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
IN and nbc are airing it this coming weekend.

elysium8

Rinkside
Yes. NBC will broadcast the Smucker's Skating Spectacular on Sunday 1/14 from 4pm to 6pm (ET).

farornaskonung

Rinkside
Oh okay, it's sure a well-kept secret, haha. Thank you for telling me! Glad to hear that it was just about having a good time, all that exhibitions should be about, especially for the competitors!

Hopefully some of the programs will show up on Youtube soon 😊

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Were C/B there? Did they do the tango with "the chair"? :love: :biggrin:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I have to say I was a bet of a skeptic about seeing the SD, but it's actually REALLY fun to watch as an exhibition. The twizzles are so much fun. Basically the people and I were singing along. I only have a small phone clip, so I don't think that would be of much use...

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I have to say I was a bet of a skeptic about seeing the SD, but it's actually REALLY fun to watch as an exhibition. The twizzles are so much fun. Basically the people and I were singing along. I only have a small phone clip, so I don't think that would be of much use...

side note, but...19.000 checked!:hb::hb::hb:, signature 'kabooom' would be much better now, but it is not my domain unfortunately:laugh:, anyway - I hope You've had also a great time during EX:)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
side note, but...19.000 checked!:hb::hb::hb:, signature 'kabooom' would be much better now, but it is not my domain unfortunately:laugh:, anyway - I hope You've had also a great time during EX:)

It was so fun! I actually got a front row seat for the gala from a friend who wasn't feeling well so it was super cool to be up close. I got this cool photo for example: https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=050104c1ecaaf34088a40a8078354bd3&oe=5AF5EC2F

Jason's exhibition was fantastic too! I'm really glad he got invited to the gala. He got a standing ovation. My other favorites was Chock/Bates were the chair tango (even more fun to watch in person) and Nathan's rock exhibition.

Last edited:

Barb

Record Breaker

It works really well as exhibition, they can skate it freely because they do not have to worry about the levels. And competitive programs are much better than exh the most of time, so I think it is a great idea to present (potentially) that program in the gala of the olympic games.

stella luna

Final Flight
It was so fun! I actually got a front row seat for the gala from a friend who wasn't feeling well so it was super cool to be up close. I got this cool photo for example: https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=050104c1ecaaf34088a40a8078354bd3&oe=5AF5EC2F

Jason's exhibition was fantastic too! I'm really glad he got invited to the gala. He got a standing ovation. My other favorites was Chock/Bates were the chair tango (even more fun to watch in person) and Nathan's rock exhibition.

Maybe Jason's invite came because Ashley wasn't there and they had an open slot ...:laugh: