Vanessa James & Morgan Cipres | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Vanessa James & Morgan Cipres

Fanou

Rinkside
Translation from L'Equipe :

Vanessa James and Morgan Ciprès will continue at least a year

Posted on Thursday March 29th, 2018 at 13:24 | Updated on the 29/03/2018 at 14:11

Vanessa James and Morgan Ciprès, recent bronze medalists at the World Couples, will continue their careers for at least one more season.

A week after winning the first medal of their World Championship career, Vanessa James (30) and Morgan Ciprès (26) said they were continuing their careers for at least a year. "This is not the time to stop, our bodies still hold, and mentally, we have the motivation," said the French. It would be a shame to stop there because we are really starting to be settled in the hierarchy, to be regular. "

"We had a world medal, we want more, declared Ciprès. In one corner of our head, we know we can become world champions and that's what we want, and European champions too. "The two skaters will remain based in Florida, where they set up home almost two years ago, to continue working with their American coach, John Zimmerman. Is it possible to see them still on the ice in four years at the Winter Olympics in Beijing? "It's not totally ruled out, but it's really long," replied Morgan Ciprès.

With AFP

MDIslander

Rinkside
"This is not the time to stop, our bodies still hold, and mentally, we have the motivation"

Maybe because I'd never seen Morgan walking without his skates before, but in Vanessa's IG Story on Thursday he was walking with a noticeable right leg limp. I don't know if he re-injured his old adductor muscle/groin injury or if this is a new injury. Either way I hope he gets to rest it and heal before the new season starts... so looking forward to September's competitions :hap85:

MDIslander

Rinkside
@ Daphenaxa... Thank you for the translation, I was surprised that Vanessa calls herself "shy" ... well maybe in certain situations (like tv), but to me she seemed very confident

Still, I dont have the Milano material ready (ISU is blocking apparently ) BUT ... heres a montage I did before leaving for worlds : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oAU8o_nmIsw

enjoy 🙃

Julie

Great work on your video Julie! You most certainly have an amazing gift of timing your music choice with Vanessa & Morgan's performance - it's absolutely seamless :gclap: :gclap:

I too was a bit taken a back by Vanessa's response about her being shy, but also her overall demeanor seemed to be a bit medicated. It wouldn't be surprising given her recent hard fall in the FS. I was really glad to see her dancing in the club with the rest of the Tour-team (Morgan's Friday IG story) :party2:

MDIslander

Rinkside
I uploaded the Quotidien interview with English subtitles on all the interview parts for people who don't live in these countries: France, French Guiana, French Polynesia, French Southern Territories, Guadeloupe, Saint Martin. This was my first time realistically doing subtitles on YouTube. Time consuming effort, it took me two days! It's the syncing part that takes the most effort.
https://youtu.be/cemPrHONLm4

Is it just me or do I keep hearing Gabriella outing Vanessa and Morgan's past relationship by saying: "Je tiens à préciser qu'ils ont patiné l'un sur l'autre."? at https://youtu.be/cemPrHONLm4?t=20m13s

Lived In Inch you did an Amazing job with the English subtitles :2thumbs: :gclap: Your view count is going up pretty fast too...

Morgan's reaction to Gabi was so hilarious :rofl: I really love Gabi - she is so much fun.

Lived In Inch

Rinkside
and heres another one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAikrcOnvsk

Vane&Momo + Seal, together with Queens "Who wants to live forever"

:love::love::love:

Great job Julie! :cheer2:
Gabriella and Guillaume mentioning Brandi Carlisle on Quotidien made me look up the other song she is famous for: "The Story." Has anybody ever skated to that song? Could I ask/suggest/request that you'd make a Morgan/Vanessa video with that song? Thank you. Don't feel obligated if it doesn't work.

Julie Wie

On the Ice
Thank you :)
I wanted to look that up too! I have so many plans right now...but Morgans wish - of course - was something to LilWayne...I mean, I like it, but its hard for montages I had to realize... :think:
I might be a Gaby and Guillaume montage though ... can't promise.

Julie Wie

On the Ice
Love Seal !!!! This one us my fav, Julie!! :thank: :clapper:

Thank You! :D
Morgans Mom loves it aswell, she's such a sweet person... we thought it might be a good exhibition program for them, if we change the ending slightly :biggrin: (might be a bit exhausting for Morgan otherwise... and impossible for a human being in general, hehe)

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Thank You! :D
Morgans Mom loves it aswell, she's such a sweet person... we thought it might be a good exhibition program for them, if we change the ending slightly :biggrin: (might be a bit exhausting for Morgan otherwise... and impossible for a human being in general, hehe)

Vanessa's mom.... you met her?! DO tell ALL... :bow:

EDIT... I meant Morgan's mom.. sorry...:slink:

MDIslander

Rinkside
I wanted to look that up too! I have so many plans right now...but Morgans wish - of course - was something to LilWayne...I mean, I like it, but its hard for montages I had to realize... :think:

Wow Julie! I just realized you said "Morgan's wish" :jaw: :hap57: I can't wait to hear about your meeting him, Vanessa, and their Mums :dance3::hap85:

Pretty please lots n lots of details...

Julie Wie

On the Ice
😂 okay ... everyone just calm down for a second ! 😅
For a moment, I wasnt thinking and you all get overexcited; sorry ... I didnt meet them - just always almost - there were just too many freaking obstacles in our way, (instead I met Gabbys mom, I mean why not, shes brilliant 👍 )
But we communicated via mobile / video message a lot, so I feel like I know them already; especially morgans mom, who is just the best ...
I'm thinking about making a funny montage out of my milano-experience ... but it will take a while , need to think about it. First, I didnt want to do any more montages, because I was so dissapointed... but now, slowly, my british sense of humor is coming back 😁😉

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
😂 okay ... everyone just calm down for a second ! 😅
For a moment, I wasnt thinking and you all get overexcited; sorry ... I didnt meet them - just always almost - there were just too many freaking obstacles in our way, (instead I met Gabbys mom, I mean why not, shes brilliant 👍 )
But we communicated via mobile / video message a lot, so I feel like I know them already; especially morgans mom, who is just the best ...
I'm thinking about making a funny montage out of my milano-experience ... but it will take a while , need to think about it. First, I didnt want to do any more montages, because I was so dissapointed... but now, slowly, my british sense of humor is coming back 😁😉

You have done beautifully so far Julie...
Thanks for sharing your communications. Don't know how you keep your cool... I came face-to-face with Max Aaron at Boston Worlds 2016 and was literally struck dumb.... :slink: :palmf:

Julie Wie

On the Ice
(who's max aaron?)

I actually met a couple of skaters, Chris and Alexa Knierim, Michael marinaro and Kristen Moore-towers, some more ... mostly in very unexpected situations..
I dont know, I´m not that kind of character to get overexcited when I meet people... I don't ask them for pictures. I just had nice little conversations, which I think I wouldn't have, if I had been like OMG :eeking: ITS ...! PICTURE!!!!!
I express my admiration by making tons of montages instead, which is far less psycho right ? :peace:

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
(who's max aaron?)

I actually met a couple of skaters, Chris and Alexa Knierim, Michael marinaro and Kristen Moore-towers, some more ... mostly in very unexpected situations..
I dont know, I´m not that kind of character to get overexcited when I meet people... I don't ask them for pictures. I just had nice little conversations, which I think I wouldn't have, if I had been like OMG :eeking: ITS ...! PICTURE!!!!!
I express my admiration by making tons of montages instead, which is far less psycho right ? :peace:

You are serious! My Gosh! Max is an American male singles skater with quite a following on this forum. I met him while volunteering for Worlds in Boston 2016. We were discourged from engaging skaters we met as part of the volunteer process so that was part of it but I tend to shyness anyway but he was kind and friendly..
Don't know how I would respond if I met Morgan and Vanessa. So nice you met Alexa and Chris.. my sentimental favorites..

Kappa1

Rinkside

You know there is a mix of the Bruno Mars song Grenade that features lil Wayne and its clean too! :yay:

MDIslander

Rinkside
(who's max aaron?)

:rofl: while I sprayed coffee all over my computer monitor... Julie you're such a delight :biggrin: I just couldn't picture you & psycho in the same sentence. Considering your great attention to detail in your montages, perfect music selections, and your fun sounding voice - they all convey you're a wonderful person. I can't wait to see your tour de force montage of Milano :dance2:

Speaking of Gabi's Mom, I watched a couple of her interviews and I would wager that's whose sublime sense of humour Gabi inherited. In fact I'd love see what would happen if Gabi and Morgan got locked in a room together - oh the high jinks...

MDIslander

Rinkside
You know there is a mix of the Bruno Mars song Grenade that features lil Wayne and its clean too! :yay:

What a great suggestion Kappa1! The "Mirror" featuring Lil Wayne & Bruno has an unbelievable 500Mil views on YouTube - never knew they'd ever collaborated.