Victoria Sinitsina & Nikita Katsalapov | Page 45 | Golden Skate

Victoria Sinitsina & Nikita Katsalapov

gmyers

Record Breaker
With no team having a more catastrophicly bad season than b/s Maybe they will just be dropped and s/k will win nationals with no b/s at all. Just s/k and s/b

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
With no team having a more catastrophicly bad season than b/s Maybe they will just be dropped and s/k will win nationals with no b/s at all. Just s/k and s/b

Let's not talk about other teams here. You already do that for all of us at the ID thread. :agree:

musicfan80

Medalist
Congrats on the bronze! :) I wonder what the odds are that they will get to do the team event if they are at the Olympics.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Congrats to SinKats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:points::yahoo:

lol not in my wildest dreams I dreamed they can get a GP medal this season:rofl:

I still think that SB has the Oly spot safe (or if we're booted out of that they have safe Euro spot & bronze at Nats )

and it was barely a month ago that people were expecting a disaster from them.
I always expect disaster:laugh2:

Eisfee

On the Ice
Congrats to SinKats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:points::yahoo:

lol not in my wildest dreams I dreamed they can get a GP medal this season:rofl:

I still think that SB has the Oly spot safe (or if we're booted out of that they have safe Euro spot & bronze at Nats )

We don't even know IF any Russians will be at the Olympics! So....:dev2:
Next year they will slay!!:dance3:

Mattieu

Medalist
We don't even know IF any Russians will be at the Olympics! So....:dev2:
Next year they will slay!!:dance3:

I have this instinct that despite this great result they will not be around next year. I have just that feeling they are on the point of self destruction.

madison

Record Breaker
I have this instinct that despite this great result they will not be around next year. I have just that feeling they are on the point of self destruction.

I read an interview where they said they'll continue no matter what.:confused:

Eisfee

On the Ice

They will continue...Nikita said that yesterday.
I think they are motivated to move forward. We will see what happens next season!

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
On the point of self destruction? Conspiracy theories abound...

God, I'm so happy for them! I almost cried when I saw a good FD from them, at last. Good control, great flow and nice feeling without any wild moves. Technically-wise, there's a tremendous improvement. Choreography is weird and old-school but I believe they both like it and it suits them a lot. Yesterday, I finally saw a wonderfully talented team that is able to perform at the amazing level.
Curious what does Marina feel now...

Mattieu

Medalist
They will continue...Nikita said that yesterday.
I think they are motivated to move forward. We will see what happens next season!

I find it strange they felt the need to say they will continue, it clearly indicates that they considered quitting

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I find it strange they felt the need to say they will continue, it clearly indicates that they considered quitting

What clearly indicates that? Even them saying time and time again that they want to continue is not enough now? :scratch2:

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Tatiana Flade interview

What can you say about your performance at Skate America?

Nikita: We dealt with the excitement, we dealt with the flights. Two of GP stages the we performed at were quite close in time. Flights from Japan to Russia, than from Russia to the USA. Different time zones. I think we did really well at this competition, we skated clean programs. We really improved but there were some flaws. We've seen out levels, we will work on it.

You've set the personal record at Skate America

Nikita: Yes, both we and our coaches are very happy. We will move on from that.

You have skated at NHK Trophy and Ice Star this season. What do you think about your progress?

Victoria: We are progressing from one competition to another, starting from the test skates in Sochi. We have done a lot, and plan to do even more to be absolutely ready for the Nationals.

The Nationals will be an important event. How do you assess your chances?

Nikita: There is a chance of qualifying for the Olympic team. We mainly want to skate clean programs, to execute all the elements so as to get a positive GOE. To skate the way we can skate - cleanly, with a cool head. I think we are able to do it, all the more so as we have a break now, time that we can spend on training. I hope, no - I am sure it will do us good.

If you encounter a problem, as you did in Minsk, how to run away from it? And what happened in Minsk?

Nikita: Problems with the lift happened by pure accident. The ice was a bit weird, a lot of skaters admitted that. I have never aborted this lift, not even once in my life and there my skate simply "left me" and I couldn't save that lift no matter how much I wanted, but whatever happened, happened. As for the free dance - I don't know. We probably haven't been ready.
Victoria: Not ready.
Nikita: We started working as soon as we came back from Minsk. Elena Anatolievna Tchaikovskaya helped us as Alexander Zhulin was going to the competition with Katia and Dima. Elena Anatolievna gave us her energy, prepared us. It was to a great extent thanks to her that we skated well in Japan. After an upswing in Osaka, we really felt it, continued what we had done, didn't invent anything, we simply continued working.

... Get motivated

Nikita: Exactly.

At the beginning of the season you have moved to a new group. Now you skate in the same place as Ekaterina Bobrova and Dmitri Soloviev. Does it help you?

Victoria: We really enjoy skating in Alexander Zhulin's group. We enjoy being sparred with Katia and Dima, training in the same place as they.
Nikita: It motivates both us and them. We talk about it all the time. We ask each other in the training "do you make a run-through today?". [If they do] it means we make it as well. It helps a lot. Helps a lot and gives a competition power as we can't do anything less than they. We should also meet together.
Victoria: In the training we always support each other.
Nikita: The atmosphere is good.

Will it be difficult to compete at Nationals, taking into account the competition in ice dance?

Nikita: Obviously, there is a competition. Katia and Dima do a lot of training. Their skating is excellent. Vanya and Sasha (Stepanova / Bukin) are a great team. They matured. I like this duo. But I think we are also the competition for them. Under no circumstances are we going to give up. We won't gift our place to anyone.
Anyway, it's good to have teams who can compete against one another. And it's very good that one of this teams trains at the same ice rink as we.

You are quite a young team, what do you plan to do after the Olympic season?

Nikita: We will go on, develop ourselves, come of with new programs, images, ideas, lifts... We will strive to win medals.

You have already completed at the Olympics with other partners. You might have another chance to go to the Olympics. What does it mean to you?

Victoria: For every athlete it is the most important competition in the whole life.
Nikita: Yes, I know what is to stay on the Olympic podium. And, skating with Vika, we have a wish that one day, if we skated a good program, we would stand on this podium together. We will work, we will do everything possible for this to become true.

Thank you

I AM SORRY IF THERE ARE ANY MISTAKES. IT WAS MY FIRST TIME TO MAKE THE TRANSLATION FROM RUSSIAN. I'M NOT VERY FLUENT IN RUSSIAN AND ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUAGE SO I AM TERRIBLY SORRY IF I MADE ANY MISTAKES. FEEL FREE TO CORRECT.

beki

Medalist
Watching Minsk and watching them in Lake Placid is like watching two completely different teams. I was really impressed this weekend.

Eisfee

On the Ice
Great Interview!!! I hope they will have wonderful and clean skates at nationals!! Maybe they can earn their spot!
It's good that they have a nice and sparring place to train now!

Thank you for translating the interview for us! Good job!:luv17:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Thanks LitteLotte29 for the interview! It's great that whatever happened in Minsk was left behind and they really focused themselves to better. Kick some butts and go forward on, SinKats!

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Are you a fan or what? Most of your posts here in this thread has been dodgy lately and you seem like you want them to fail or disband, or you discredit their work. If it's just your high expectation, then okay. Lower it down because they're not perfect and they still need to work on skating together. So chill or if not, bring these "observations" in the state of ice dance thread.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Ugh I'm so frustrated btw
About the amount (nonexistent) of competitions for them vs other rus teams:laugh::bang:

ZG BS LD hell even PM seem to be constantly competiting somewhere while we SK fans have to sit & wait seems like forever for another competition :laugh::noshake:

Great translation LittleLotte!!:luv17:

I don't see them splitting up especially now when Intl marks show that SB aren't some unbeatable team for them
Judges are clearly ready to reward them when they decide not to be head casey:biggrin:

They will only split imo if Nick lets his ego take the centre stage too much

I hope they have great clean Nats (I have tickets to both SD & FD!!!!)
I need to buy some blue eyed plushies to throw on the ice!!!!:p