Vincent Zhou | Page 53 | Golden Skate

Vincent Zhou

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Also, fans have discovered that Vincent changed his blades from paramount to John Wilson (possibly JW pattern 99 rev). Hopefully Vincent can have John Wilson sponsorship (and chipotle :biggrin: as well).

ETA, fans are encouraged by Vincent's healthy diet :biggrin::laugh::yahoo:

Zenchio63

Final Flight
Some interesting statistics for Vincent fans, from Skating Scores Twitter account:

Men ranked by "Mean Base Value" of all Jumping Passes in major int'l competition in 2018-19 Season
This is basically the Men ranked by Jump difficulty attempted last season. But note that is BV actually awarded for jumps performed, not planned BV

Vincent's rank & numbers: 5th, Mean Jump BV - 8.77, Mean Jump Score - 8.66
From US Int'l Classic, Skate America, NHK, Tallin Trophy, 4CC, Worlds

Despite the trials & tribulations of a difficult early season, starting from a back injury during the summer that prevented Vincent from fully practicing, resulting in a horrible skate at US Int'l Classic, being designated as the UR Poster Boy at Skate America & severely penalized for his jumps, missing the podium at NHK from a shoulder injury & continued UR calls, Vincent was able to come back through his perseverance and hard work. He will continue to improve with the help of coach Hamada in the new season.

With the ISU new Scale of Values for next season, reducing the percentage of UR calls from 30% to 20%, Vincent's rank will certainly go up. It is said that the tech calls are stricter at the beginning of the season, when skaters have not completely grown into their programs. One thing Vincent has shown us is that he gets better as the season progresses, and aside from injuries, he doesn't let nerves get to him and is able to come through at major competitions. So with a Shae-Lynn choreography under way, it will be a very exciting new season for us fans to look forward to! Go Vincent!

Zenchio63

Final Flight
It was unfortunate that Vincent was only able to skate 2 shows on the SOI tour. Thank goodness he has recuperated completely from the knee injury.

A couple of girls who were part of the local skaters that joined the Fort Myers show made a long SOI vlog. The camera angle, distance, lighting & focus are not perfect, but you get a good idea of the atmosphere and overall sense of the show. The girls are very enthusiastic & infectious.
https://youtu.be/Pw1NVnK6VQY?t=1107 (SOI starts at 18:28)

Practice footage of Vincent being filmed skating to Made in China (14:41 - 14:58)
https://youtu.be/Pw1NVnK6VQY?t=881 (linked to above starting time)

Made in China - from the very beginning where it starts with CTHD. (29:15 - 33:07)
The girls were very enthusiastic, screaming and exclaiming it was really cool.
https://youtu.be/Pw1NVnK6VQY?t=1755 (linked to above starting time)

Slow Dancing in the Dark (1:04:19 - 1:07:31) More infectious screaming! Vincent is a rock star. :laugh:
https://youtu.be/Pw1NVnK6VQY?t=3859 (linked to above starting time)

Vincent's latest IGS shows him at the Ontario Science Center, looking really cute in an astronaut face cut out. I think both Lori & Jeffrey are in Ontario, so we'll have to wait & see who he chooses to work with on the FS this time. I vote for Lori.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Thank you for posting all this. I’m very excited to see Vincent’s new programs. Hopefully he can get someone like One Ice Perspectives to help him debut them? My favourite ice dancers did that last season and I think it really helped build the hype!

Zenchio63

Final Flight
HI DSQ,

On Ice Perspectives did a video of one of Vincent's ex during Stars On Ice. See ice coverage's post below. As for his new programs, Vincent is a very introverted & laid back person (usually in the back or side of group photos) so it is highly unlikely that he would want to showcase/build a hype as you put it, his new programs. The exhibitions are different as they were part of SOI.

But it is certain that he is trying to branch out and go out of his comfort zone, and do different styles of music. The SP choices (choreographer & music) are enough of a hype for us Vincent fans! :)

Higher Brothers posted a comment on @oniceperspectives video excerpt of Vincent's SOI "Made In China" program.

higherbrothers
����​

oniceperspectives
@higherbrothers OMG

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxPgnWql1EZ/ (May 9)​

Thanks to Jordan Cowan for shooting the great video.

Zenchio63

Final Flight
Vincent's latest IGS shows an ice cream truck in front of the Tom Graham Arena Complex:
"When was the last time you saw an ice cream truck pull up to an ice rink?"
https://instagram.com/govincentzhou
That's Lori's rink! :clap: Cannot wait to find out what their new collaboration for the FS will be! And ice cream sounds good!

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
From Vincent's IG story, he ate at 巷子火锅/Xiang Zi Hotpot in Markham, Ontario.

Zenchio63

Final Flight
Vincent's new 2019-2020 FS: Cloud Atlas OST choreographed by Lori Nichol :thumbsup:

IG post
announcement: Enjoy this sneak peek of my choreo!
Highs, lows, rhythm, and emotion. I honestly can’t wait to perform this in competition. It’s such a special program, and I am indebted to Lori for putting her heart into this piece with me. Special thanks also to Kurt Browning, who was heavily involved in the development of movement and footwork throughout the program. What an experience last week was!

Thank you to Lori and Kurt! Can't wait to see the program in action! :luv17:

formersk8ter

On the Ice
Vincent's new 2019-2020 FS: Cloud Atlas OST choreographed by Lori Nichol :thumbsup:

IG post
announcement: Enjoy this sneak peek of my choreo!
Highs, lows, rhythm, and emotion. I honestly can’t wait to perform this in competition. It’s such a special program, and I am indebted to Lori for putting her heart into this piece with me. Special thanks also to Kurt Browning, who was heavily involved in the development of movement and footwork throughout the program. What an experience last week was!

Thank you to Lori and Kurt! Can't wait to see the program in action! :luv17:

I'm listening to the Cloud Atlas soundtrack right now... Vincent is right, so many highs and lows, great for a skating program. And, even better... I don't think anyone has used this before, have they?

Looking forward to Vincent's new programs!

Zenchio63

Final Flight
I'm listening to the Cloud Atlas soundtrack right now... Vincent is right, so many highs and lows, great for a skating program. And, even better... I don't think anyone has used this before, have they?

Looking forward to Vincent's new programs!

Hi, formersk8ter, the Russian pair Daria Pavliuchenko & Denis Khodykin skated to the music as their 2017-18 SP:

https://youtu.be/WIPBBRIQRsk

It is a beautiful piece of music but hopefully, there will be more dynamic variations in Lori's selection. It will be so interesting to see Kurt's influence in the footwork and movement. Really excited to see both of Vincent's programs!

P.S. It is a good contrast to the SP music. Very nice balance of styles.

formersk8ter

On the Ice
Hi, formersk8ter, the Russian pair Daria Pavliuchenko & Denis Khodykin skated to the music as their 2017-18 SP:

https://youtu.be/WIPBBRIQRsk

It is a beautiful piece of music but hopefully, there will be more dynamic variations in Lori's selection. It will be so interesting to see Kurt's influence in the footwork and movement. Really excited to see both of Vincent's programs!

P.S. It is a good contrast to the SP music. Very nice balance of styles.

Okay thanks, good to know!

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Very nice! Thanks for posting. Why does the video list Jermaine Jackson's song? :confused:
I can see Vincent skating to this mix already. Hope Lori has included a lovely prolonged spread eagle as well as an emotional ending pose.

I need to study more about Lori's choreo, on top of my head, her work with Patrick Chan (early career) and Denis Ten (the Artist) are renowned (I also like some of her recent work with Chinese pair Sui/Han). Also one interesting and special thing about Lori is that, she seems like the idea of continue one concept from one program into another program. For example, Denis Ten's the artist programs, Mao Asada's fire dance programs etc.

I felt some kinda of continuity in Vincent's last season Lori SP to this season Lori FP:biggrin: While on this board, I joked about continuity regarding the theme of Dragon:biggrin:, kinda get that through Lori's programs:biggrin:

ETA, Dear Angel Denis Ten, Happy Birthday Day:luv17::luv17::luv17:

ETA, I just realized that Denis Ten's both programs (Caruso and 可汗:biggrin:) at 2015 are choreoed by Lori as well.:love:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
last season, Vincent not only substantially improved his components (artistry), he completed upgraded both of his program's choreo (almost like new programs) with the input of both programs' original choreographers, and at the same time, upgraded his tech elements with improved technique. And he accomplished this through perfect or near perfect performance late in the season. it is not just on the paper.
usually, when people wanna improve tech they water down their components/choreo, or use last year's program. When people wanna assure artistic improvement, they lower their tech difficulty. How many can improve both and deliver it in one season.
One of many reasons why I support Vincent:biggrin: