Virtue and Moir vs. The World | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Virtue and Moir vs. The World

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
If you wanna make an Ice Dancing topic à la 2016-17 State of [discipline], perhaps it'd be wiser to title it as such? 👀👀

Hmm good idea! I forgot that no one made a State of Ice Dance thread yet for the upcoming season.

If any mod find that to be a better idea, feel free to change it!

brushalley

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Pasha Grishuk is and always will be the hottest ice dancer :bow: Of today's dancers Madison Chock is beautiful.

BlueOrange

On the Ice
I consider the Urban dictionnary as the most helpful to understand this kind of expression.
http://fr.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Hoochie%20Mama

HOOCHIE MAMA

Version from Karla 21 janvier 2004
1. A female who dresses ghetto ho fabulous. Lots of gold, lots of weave-typically Pattie LaBelle style with red, purple, gold, or orange streaks, and long nails with lots of airbrush glitter, and color. This female's goal in life is to use her female attriibutes to obtain a male with lots of money or any money to spend on her. Weaves, rent, & diapers for her baby from another daddy included.
2. A ghetto version of a "Gold Digger".
Friday night (payday} at the club: "Ooo, girl the hoochie mamas are out trollin' tonight!"

From Marion R 21 octobre 2007
Couchie is adapted from the French word coucher for "to go to bed" (like our word "couch", which you can lie down on). And around the turn of the century in really gritty clubs and circuses (and for a long time after that) women who danced suggestively rolling their hips were "hootchie coutchie" dancers, or dancing the "hootchie coochie".
These women were not considered morally upright in the general public, so calling a woman a hootchie cooch was calling her a tramp, especially if dressed in a way that is meant to be provocative and showy. Hootchie mama is a variation on this term. (And could get you beat down if you call a woman that.)
That Britney Spears ain't never gonna get her kids back going into the courtroom dressed like a hoochie mama.
That daughter of yours thinks she looks cute in her short skirt and bare midriff, but to the guys at school she just looks real hootchie.
"Now folks here's the story 'bout Minnie the Moocher. She was a red hot hootchie coocher..." - Minnie the Moocher (Cab Calloway - 1930)

cocotaffy

Final Flight
I consider the Urban dictionnary as the most helpful to understand this kind of expression.
http://fr.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Hoochie%20Mama

HOOCHIE MAMA

Version from Karla 21 janvier 2004
1. A female who dresses ghetto ho fabulous. Lots of gold, lots of weave-typically Pattie LaBelle style with red, purple, gold, or orange streaks, and long nails with lots of airbrush glitter, and color. This female's goal in life is to use her female attriibutes to obtain a male with lots of money or any money to spend on her. Weaves, rent, & diapers for her baby from another daddy included.
2. A ghetto version of a "Gold Digger".
Friday night (payday} at the club: "Ooo, girl the hoochie mamas are out trollin' tonight!"

From Marion R 21 octobre 2007
Couchie is adapted from the French word coucher for "to go to bed" (like our word "couch", which you can lie down on). And around the turn of the century in really gritty clubs and circuses (and for a long time after that) women who danced suggestively rolling their hips were "hootchie coutchie" dancers, or dancing the "hootchie coochie".
These women were not considered morally upright in the general public, so calling a woman a hootchie cooch was calling her a tramp, especially if dressed in a way that is meant to be provocative and showy. Hootchie mama is a variation on this term. (And could get you beat down if you call a woman that.)
That Britney Spears ain't never gonna get her kids back going into the courtroom dressed like a hoochie mama.
That daughter of yours thinks she looks cute in her short skirt and bare midriff, but to the guys at school she just looks real hootchie.
"Now folks here's the story 'bout Minnie the Moocher. She was a red hot hootchie coocher..." - Minnie the Moocher (Cab Calloway - 1930)

great source :laugh: very in depth definition from Marion with a trip down history. According to those definition, I don't see which female skaters would fit the bill though.
To go back to the thread, I was not so thrilled at their come back at first, like another poster said, I'm all for new blood esp. after 4 yrs of D/W vs V/M. But I do think they're great skaters so if they want to explore a new side to their skating, why not ?
Personally, I'm a huge P/C fan. They have a unique style and I love a team where the whole attention doesn't revolve solely around the woman. Here the combination is mesmerizing between an outstanding male skater with an unmatched flexibility and Gaby, an amazing partner whose interpretation is so spot on yet so real, it's very touching. They are the only ice dancers who make me forget they wear skates. So very selfishly, what I hope with V/M's return is that they'll push P/C so they keep on astonishing us. In the process, if V/M can give us couple of great programs too, even better.

Last edited:
All of y'all are behind the times!

Hoochie Mama (Definition by the on line Hoochie Mama Boutique, q.v.)

Alluring and vivacious, deeply sensual and confident, she knows what she wants and works hard to get it. Her wardrobe mimics her life, exciting and fun and sprinkled with color, luxury and glamour.

She loves the best things in life – music, people, good times and sparkle.

Confident, colorful, daring and fun. She is pretty awesome.

;)

pETEs (Sasha Fan)

Match Penalty
(1) Tessa vs. Elena as the hottest ice dancer is a case such as who's hotter between Katy Perry and Mila Kunis. xD! As Mila, Elena is way more beautiful and waaaaaaaaaaaay sexier. ;)

(2) Guillaume (Cizeron)? That is? Because if so, he's the best ever at everything. Indeed!

(3) I hope so, that sassy witchy dude! ;)

(4) That'd be interesting tho' not that plausible. The field is quite deep right now, and D&W already conquered it all.

(5) Yes. Too many high profile "come-backs", not only in ice-dance. =D!

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Too bored to talk much but I love the questionnaire.
Some questions for start:
Fun questions :)laugh: feel free to explain!)
Will Tessa regain her title as hottest ice dance queen of the ice from Elena I.? Ermmmm... :handw:
Who's the better hip-hop dancer: Tessa or Guillame? :laugh2: Scott! :taunt:
Will we get more fun interviews from Scott that will fire up the GS forums? :devil: Hell, yes! :dev3:
Will their comeback incite Meryl and Charlie to do so as well? Nay.:noshake:
Are you excited for the upcoming seasons in preparation of the 2018 Games? I'm always excited.:dance3:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I think it all depends on the judges and also how well they are received by audiences. For me personally, I want to see new blood, younger dancers :)

Yes, but old dogs can often do very neat tricks.

:hap57:

I personally am thrilled to see what V/M can do upon their return. I just wished they had gone to a different coach.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Loved the questions, sunnystars. Made me :laugh2:

Will Tessa regain her title as hottest ice dance queen of the ice from Elena I.?
De gustibus non est dispatandum.

Who's the better hip-hop dancer: Tessa or Guillame?
Guillame is probably the single best dancer in the discipline right now.

Will we get more fun interviews from Scott that will fire up the GS forums?

I live for Scott shooting off his mouth. :drama: :eeking: :popcorn:

Will their comeback incite Meryl and Charlie to do so as well?
Nope. Nadda. Not a chance in hell. They've moved on.

Are you excited for the upcoming seasons in preparation of the 2018 Games?
Ice dancing always excites me. I think it's one of my better qualities. ;)

Last edited:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
All of y'all are behind the times!

Hoochie Mama (Definition by the on line Hoochie Mama Boutique, q.v.)

"Alluring and vivacious, deeply sensual and confident, she knows what she wants and works hard to get it. Her wardrobe mimics her life, exciting and fun and sprinkled with color, luxury and glamour.

She loves the best things in life – music, people, good times and sparkle.

Confident, colorful, daring and fun. She is pretty awesome."
;)

I'm going with Madison:love: first by this definition, with Elena second. Tessa, not so much.

But I'm REALLY, MOST happy and charmed, Mathman, by your use of All of y'all :cool: :luv17: :hap57: :handw: :bed:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
If everyone resumes crucifying Scott every time he opens his mouth, does this mean PChiddy will catch a break from all the anti-Chanadians? :laugh2:

Rissa

Record Breaker
great source :laugh:

Sorry to turn this conversastion off topic but I'd like to warn people off trusting Urban Dictionary. It really is not a great source. Anyone can create a definition without any form of control and it's been overrun by trolls for years; half the time the definitions there are pure bullcrap.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
(1) Tessa vs. Elena as the hottest ice dancer is a case such as who's hotter between Katy Perry and Mila Kunis. xD! As Mila, Elena is way more beautiful and waaaaaaaaaaaay sexier. ;)
The comparison between Tessa Virtue and Katy Perry is just as bad as the comparison between Mila Kunis and Katy Perry. I think Virtue is way more beautiful and charming than Perry.

cocotaffy

Final Flight
Sorry to turn this conversastion off topic but I'd like to warn people off trusting Urban Dictionary. It really is not a great source. Anyone can create a definition without any form of control and it's been overrun by trolls for years; half the time the definitions there are pure bullcrap.

Of course, my remark was ironic. I just laugh at the commitment of some people to troll around or to give so serious an answer to a word such as hoochie mama.

andromache

Record Breaker
I really doubt OP's question of "the hottest ice dance queen" is meant to imply who is more attractive or more hoochie or less hoochie or beautiful. I was under the impression it more about ice dance queen diva quality, with "hottest" being a fun adjective not intended for us to actually evaluate their looks.

Chock is queen ice dance diva, IMO. (Or maybe Guillaume or Nikita ;)).

Though Tessa will take the crown if she and Scott do routine more oriented to her inner-diva-self, like Carmen. The softer music they tended to do in the past they're obviously very good at, but doesn't scream hottest ice dance queen to me. Give us something more fiery. Which may be a way to also make sure they are differentiating themselves from P/C.

I love Meryl and Charlie, but I don't think they'll ever return to competition. And they don't have to! Shibs and Chock/Bates and other young US talent are doing just fine without them. They're an amazing and legendary ice dance couple, but I'm not sure they would have anything new to give us artistically.

Rissa

Record Breaker
Of course, my remark was ironic. I just laugh at the commitment of some people to troll around or to give so serious an answer to a word such as hoochie mama.

:blush: sorry, sometimes I have a difficulty recognizing sarcasm; I know that many esl people use Urban Dictionary indiscriminately.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I wished they had gone back to Igor actually. The monotony of D/L is scaring me. But lets hope for the best. They did give us the Smart and Diaz SD