Wenjing Sui & Cong Han | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Wenjing Sui & Cong Han

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Sad to hear Sui is not heald completely, but it's good they're not jeopardizing her injury during training. Can't wait to see them again this year, it's so close! :hap85:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I hope they're both well rested and ready to go at Worlds! I'm looking forward to watching them in Boston after not being able to see them at the GPF

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Latest update regarding bios for the 13th National Winter Games: Wenjing is 156cm, Cong is 168cm, with a 12cm height difference!!! :eek:

Absolutely mindblowing considering what they are able to do with that small of a height difference! :bow:

(Wenjing, please don't grow anymore. Pretty please!)

Source: http://qgssd.ts.cn/

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
Latest update regarding bios for the 13th National Winter Games: Wenjing is 156cm, Cong is 168cm, with a 12cm height difference!!! :eek:

Absolutely mindblowing considering what they are able to do with that small of a height difference! :bow:

Did she grow recently? Like from last season to now?

ginsengtea

Rinkside
Did she grow recently? Like from last season to now?

She could have grown, or the height on her ISU bio just hasn't been updated for a while. She looks taller than 4'11" (150 cm) to me. Han Cong's only 168 cm! Not that the 171 on his bio is much taller but wow, props.

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland

Sometimes I think people give to much importance to height difference. Sui/Han are totally fine as they are. Maybe other pairs need it, but to me it's admirable that they rely more on good technique than sheer power of muscles and advantage from being tall. That's one o the reasons I love them so much and I don't care if Sui will grow while Han not, they're be okey anyway. :rock:

s_parks

Record Breaker
I agree. Sui is 20 going on 21. She's not going to grow at that age. Anyways, I feel like people have been saying every year, "omg they're so close in height, hope she doesn't grow" instead of recognizing the superior technique that allows them to not only maintain their elements but make them huge. I've maintained that Han is one of the best male skaters in pairs.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
I agree. Sui is 20 going on 21. She's not going to grow at that age. Anyways, I feel like people have been saying every year, "omg they're so close in height, hope she doesn't grow" instead of recognizing the superior technique that allows them to not only maintain their elements but make them huge. I've maintained that Han is one of the best male skaters in pairs.

:yes: he is AWESOME! :rock:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

I agree. This is a sheer power of Chinese school of pairs skating - all about great, sublime technique, nothing about huge height/body shape difference (like lady should be a tiny, little thing and a man should be a muscular giant). I cannot imagine them with other partners - their chemistry, timing and understanding each other on ice is unmatched. And Cong Han is indeed one of the best male partners in pair skating now - strong, caring, with great expression and ability to present Sui.

Layback11

Record Breaker
The conclusion we can all draw from this discussion is that Chinese pairs (S/H in particular) are indisputably bae. :biggrin:

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
Damn. 4cc are definitely out of the equation but will world's be?
All my favorite pairs are getting injured. Make it stop... :sad4:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
oh my...instead of good fight at World I see we have a hospital...Wishing Sui speedy recovery (God, she and Yuko, could fate be more cruel than this?!):bang:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I just can't. Do we have to make some offering to figure skating, so that no more pairs will get injured somehow? :confused2: How come Sui is injured again? fate, why are you doing this to her? :gaah:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
nooooo!!! so many injured/hurt this season, i cant take it :(

and yes!!!!!!!!! they were awesome, best SP of the season for me, it has everything, but please dont attempt quad in the LP :palmf:

Edit: and here is their SP : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1ZDDRZixCA, i love the gut before they started :luv17:

Last edited:

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
Does that mean she hurt her non-landing foot? :palmf: if it takes skipping 4cc to be in good shape for worlds, then I seriously hope they do it. I want to see them so badly!!